Are the Dogs over rated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traditionally, but not recently. We also traditionally lost preliminary finals, but things change.
Agreed
Just thought the post I was responding to went too far.
2016 was undoubtedly a great year, and it may well become a very successful period for the Bulldogs but that still has to happen.
It's like for us people conceding the next 5 flags are really silly, to a team who hasn't won one.

Agreed
Just thought the post I was responding to went too far.
2016 was undoubtedly a great year, and it may well become a very successful period for the Bulldogs but that still has to happen.
It's like for us people conceding the next 5 flags are really silly, to a team who hasn't won one.

The post was just clearly stating that losing a practice game in February isn't important. How that is going "too far" and comparing it to people conceding the Giants have the next five flags is strange and simply a case of you reading to much into a post.

The post was just clearly stating that losing a practice game in February isn't important. How that is going "too far" and comparing it to people conceding the Giants have the next five flags is strange and simply a case of you reading to much into a post.
February is our worst time of the month was.
I'd accept that from the Hawks and maybe a couple of other clubs. Too far for a team that's just won it first flag in generations certainly. You cant rewite history.

February is our worst time of the month was.
I'd accept that from the Hawks and maybe a couple of other clubs. Too far for a team that's just won it first flag in generations certainly. You cant rewite history.
You've gotta be taking the piss, surely?

The post was clearly drawing from the fact that no teams are doing their best work in February. Because it's pre-season. And these are practice matches. Because it's February...

The post was clearly drawing from the fact that no are doing their best work in February. Because it's pre-season. And these are practice matches. Because it's February...
February is our worst month is not saying that.

The teams who want to do something serious in September arent going to be cherry ripe at the beginning for at-least a month or more.
The teams who have memberships to sell and not much chance in September will be ready to go day one JLT.

Lets see how the Dogs go after at least a month of the real stuff to make up our opinions

The post was clearly drawing from the fact that no teams are doing their best work in February. Because it's pre-season. And these are practice matches. Because it's February...

OMG. How vain is he?
Clearly nothing to do with his team but tries to make it about them. Then plays the 'you are not a successful club' card.
Clearly trolling on a dogs thread again. Repeatedly told to go away, yet can't help himself.

February is our worst month is not saying that.

"February's just not our month it seems" is not saying February is our worst month. You often complain about how Dogs fans are obsessed with the Giants, then quote a Dogs fan responding to a troll from a St Kilda supporter despite your inability to actually comprehend what was actually being said.

Dogs over-rated?
The opposite is true.
No-one saw them coming last year.
When they won, success diluted by some having a sense they had the "luck" of the bye, they had the benefit of the umpiring, and comments that they still have a lot of work to do to build a dynasty, a back-handed way of suggesting 2016 is a one-off. And currently they are not favorites in 2017.
This is called over-rated?
There was a similar feeling of a one-off after the Crows won their first flag all those years ago. Guess what happened the next year.

What clue would a GWS supporter have about tradition?

Come back when your club has a history other than trying to piggy back off the Dogs leftovers.
Plenty of tradition and growing daily.

Looking forward to 2017 when the "AFL fairytail" has moved on.

Underrated in 2016? Absolutely

Will be overrated in 2017.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So very sad that you have turned your back on your own club greats like Whitten, Sutton and Collins. Absolute disgrace.

The Greats are the greats!!...........When we talk premierships, it's in different context talking over 70 years ago....

Since 1954, Collingwood have won 3 premierships, Western Bulldogs 2.

Considering you guys are suppose to be the big 4 Victorian clubs....Bulldogs not far behind ;-)

The Greats are the greats!!...........When we talk premierships, it's in different context talking over 70 years ago....

Since 1954, Collingwood have won 3 premierships, Western Bulldogs 2.

Considering you guys are suppose to be the big 4 Victorian clubs....Bulldogs not far behind ;-)

So we pick and choose to fit in the Bulldog Champions. Either we respect all the past or we don't. Either you respect all Premiership Teams and Champions or none. Funny how the Collingwood teams of the 20s and 30s don't count but the Bulldog Champions like Charlie Sutton who debuted in 1942, Jack Collins who debuted in 1950 and Whitten who debuted in 1951 do count. Yes Whiten debuted 66 years ago. According to you he has 4 years remaining and he should be wiped from the history of the game. He no longer counts. Sorry to tell you, according to you, Charlie Sutton no longer rates.

True. But we wont sell out and change it for money.

I mean what kind club would change their name and sellout their history for a few bucks??

Oh sorry.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Just to clarify something our official name is still the Footscray Football Club. As you see in this ABN detail our official entity or business name is "Footscray Football Club Limited"
Our trading name is the Western Bulldogs. http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=68005226595
History has not been sold out, we're still the some club with the same history. While I personally disagree with the trading name change and still often refer to us as Footscray, it's been a successful business ploy for the club which has now gone passed its usuage date, now that we've won another premiership. Have you not noticed the "F.F.C" on the back of the Guernsey? Your efforts to diminish our Club is quite embarrassing. This thread is quite embarrassing. Shut it down.

Just to clarify something our official name is still the Footscray Football Club. As you see in this ABN detail our official entity or business name is "Footscray Football Club Limited"
Our trading name is the Western Bulldogs. http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=68005226595
History has not been sold out, we're still the some club with the same history. While I personally disagree with the trading name change and still often refer to us as Footscray, it's been a successful business ploy for the club which has now gone passed its usuage date, now that we've won another premiership. Have you not noticed the "F.F.C" on the back of the Guernsey? Your efforts to diminish our Club is quite embarrassing. This thread is quite embarrassing. Shut it down.

Price of being the Premiers. Your team will be the hunted this season and questions like this about the future will be raised, especially in light of other young premiership teams like the Pies and Hawks falling off the pace the following year.

Not sure why so many Dogs fans on here are so touchy about it...you had the last laugh last year, just enjoy it and ignore the rest.

Price of being the Premiers. Your team will be the hunted this season and questions like this about the future will be raised, especially in light of other young premiership teams like the Pies and Hawks falling off the pace the following year.

Not sure why so many Dogs fans on here are so touchy about it...you had the last laugh last year, just enjoy it and ignore the rest.
Where am I touchy about the subject of the thread? I think it's completely ridiculous, it's largerly being pushed by posters who are still upset over last season, but the post you quoted was clarifying our name which someone else had previously questioned.

Where am I touchy about the subject of the thread? I think it's completely ridiculous, it's largerly being pushed by posters who are still upset over last season, but the post you quoted was clarifying our name which someone else had previously questioned.

You mentioned the thread being embarrassing. The thread being "are the Dogs overrated?". I'm just saying sit back and enjoy the envy. I did mention " so many Dogs fans being touchy", not necessarily you.

Not sure how Collingwood fell off the next year? They played in a grand final and won 20 odd games for the year

Not over-rated at all I wouldn't think, but geeze if there isn't an irritating trend developing of Dog's supporters jumping on any post that claims they might not be automatic flag winners next year.
Well obviously if there is a thread with the team you support being called overrated most supporters will jump on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back