Are the Dogs over rated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was actually nice for a change to have that luck at the right time.. Too many times in the past I've seen the tables turn on us in preliminary finals
I dont beleive it was luck, I do find the need to denigrate our players from some of your supporters really dumb. In a close game claims that we played terribly are self defeating, that's my point.
We use a multi pronged attack, Leon has made it clear that's what he wants. It's inevitable that Jezza, or Patton and Rory will have quiet games at times, decided largely by the opposition and how they match up.
The trick is to keep them all down, and that's the challenge our talls present to opposition sides.

Suggesting Cogs had a poor game is new, I couldn't see it. He is our key defensive inside mid. Any defensive inside mid has a huge challenge against your mids, I thought he did well. Ultimately our inside mids were beaten on the night, but they weren't disgraced.

I dont beleive it was luck,

I'm a firm believer that everything has to come together at the right time for a flag. The list has to be good enough to beat anyone, the brand of football needs to be physical and skilled, and a little luck needs to come your way (whichever way you want to look at how luck transpires, either the rub of the green, injuries to key opposition players, whatever that be - you take it.)

Suggesting Cogs had a poor game is new, I couldn't see it.

opinions, you know the old cliche

claims that we played terribly are self defeating, that's my point.

Anyone (IMO) could see that GWS were playing to win. What transpired in the end was that the Bulldogs wanted it more. Both teams had their goals, objectives, drivers and there can only be one winner as a result. Frankly for me it was one of the games of the year for intensity which is what you want to see in a do or die finals match.

I'm a firm believer that everything has to come together at the right time for a flag. The list has to be good enough to beat anyone, the brand of football needs to be physical and skilled, and a little luck needs to come your way (whichever way you want to look at how luck transpires, either the rub of the green, injuries to key opposition players, whatever that be - you take it.)

opinions, you know the old cliche

Anyone (IMO) could see that GWS were playing to win. What transpired in the end was that the Bulldogs wanted it more. Both teams had their goals, objectives, drivers and there can only be one winner as a result. Frankly for me it was one of the games of the year for intensity which is what you want to see in a do or die finals match.
I agree it was a very intense game, and have to agree it was won ultimately by the team that had the wherewithall to take it. I had a surreal feeling that night as I never expected a GF in our first year in finals, maybe that had an effect on the team subconciously, as a team they had never felt the pain of losing a final.
Possibly the pain of losing finals in previous years had a positive affect on your guys. They certainly presented as a very determined side in every final. These things cant be measured.

He said, she said, my teams better than yours. Who cares?

Over-rated, under-rated. Again, who cares?

History books show we won 4 tough finals. We are the 2016 premiers. I couldn't give a flying $&@% what anyone's opinions are.

If you don't care about other people's opinions, why bother reading and posting on a football forum?

To express my opinion of course, silly. :D
Fewer people are saying it wasn't a great effort than you think, you just notice them more I think. You'll never achieve a unanimity on a forum. Look at some of things that have been posted denigrating the Jawks threepeat.

Yes and it will be proven in the next few years.

Good luck to the Doggies but finishing top 4 is not like what it used to be and the AFL would probably like this.

Even if all the haters points about luck are justified (which I don't agree with for a second) - consider this:

Given that there were seven fairly even teams throughout the season and heading into the finals - which is a massive rarity to have a massive pool of premiership contenders of seven teams when most years it's 1-3 - the team out of the seven that ended up winning, would have had to rely on luck to elevate them above the six other teams that were all evenly balanced. It was a strange season in that you couldn't really put a hair's breadth between the quality of the seven teams at various points in the season, and given this evenness, the team that came out and won at the end of the season almost certainly would have done so with luck on their side if it wasn't the Bulldogs.

It was actually nice for a change to have that luck at the right time.. Too many times in the past I've seen the tables turn on us in preliminary finals
True, but let's be honest - if Stringer, Smith and Dunkley had nailed the absolute sitters they sprayed from set shots in the first half it might not have been as tight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if all the haters points about luck are justified (which I don't agree with for a second) - consider this:

Given that there were seven fairly even teams throughout the season and heading into the finals - which is a massive rarity to have a massive pool of premiership contenders of seven teams when most years it's 1-3 - the team out of the seven that ended up winning, would have had to rely on luck to elevate them above the six other teams that were all evenly balanced. It was a strange season in that you couldn't really put a hair's breadth between the quality of the seven teams at various points in the season, and given this evenness, the team that came out and won at the end of the season almost certainly would have done so with luck on their side if it wasn't the Bulldogs.

There weren't 7 even teams over the H&A season. There were 6 teams that were better than WB though and through a quirk of scheduling things evened up at the end. Blessed.

There weren't 7 even teams over the H&A season. There were 6 teams that were better than WB though and through a quirk of scheduling things evened up at the end. Blessed.

#soblessed

Premierships are fun, but hard to win wouldn't you agree?

A bit of luck is necessary

I think it's time the Bulldogs gave up the 2016 premiership up and handed it to the Saints
The pain they are feeling now for being the lowest and least successful Victorian club in the competition is really hurting I hope they can recover I would not like to be in their place.

Dogs went 7-3 against teams that finished above them on the ladder.

Plus we won the flag, so can definitely see how all those teams were better.

Oh and we did so with injuries derailing our season on multiple occasions...

Plus, can't forget we did it with by far the least experienced team to ever win a flag.

Easily the second most over rated team in the comp. Behind the current saints side.

#gosaintas

Nice quirk of schedules that had us play 2 consecutive games in Perth with a 4 day break.
Show me where any other team EVER has been asked to do that and won!!

They don't hand out the premiership cup at the end of the home and away games though do they?

#soblessed.

Dogs went 7-3 against teams that finished above them on the ladder.

Plus we won the flag, so can definitely see how all those teams were better.

Oh and we did so with injuries derailing our season on multiple occasions...

Plus, can't forget we did it with by far the least experienced team to ever win a flag.

Easily the second most over rated team in the comp. Behind the current saints side.

#gosaintas

Why do Doggies supporters have to justify their win by referring to their injuries? Smacks of desperation and looking for approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back