Are the Saints about to become the next "port"

Remove this Banner Ad

i'm tipping bottom six for the saints next year. i just don't think they're being decisive enough or shown enough intent administratively to reflect real finals ambition. they're behaving like a club that's been traumatised. nor do they have the depth to allow a new coach to come in and simply tweak a game plan (ala geelong) and that was fairly unique to their departing coach anyway. i wonder how much ross lyon played a part in dragging them out of the pits of despair they found themselves in earlier in the year, and i wonder how much of the players' own belief is beholden to the encouragement and guidance of lyon. time to rebuild, play the kids and refresh the culture.

Go to the AFL team boards, select StKilda, select Official 2011 Player Sponsorship Thread, Select page 17 and read from Aussiethunda's post number 244 onwards:)

Awesome, thanks heaps for pointing me in the right direction, just finished reading, great to get some inside knowledge as being a diehard fan living in Brisbane i'm pretty starved for info. I'd absolutely love to attend a B&F after reading that and I'll certainly be looking into trying to get tickets to next years (hopefully after a solid season)

i'm tipping bottom six for the saints next year. i just don't think they're being decisive enough or shown enough intent administratively to reflect real finals ambition. they're behaving like a club that's been traumatised. nor do they have the depth to allow a new coach to come in and simply tweak a game plan (ala geelong) and that was fairly unique to their departing coach anyway. i wonder how much ross lyon played a part in dragging them out of the pits of despair they found themselves in earlier in the year, and i wonder how much of the players' own belief is beholden to the encouragement and guidance of lyon. time to rebuild, play the kids and refresh the culture.

LOL what a load of rubbish.

I'm sure St Kilda still has finals ambitions. Lyon wasn't the be all and end all at St Kilda, we still have a very strong leadership group of senior players that are capable of driving themselves and the team towards success.

Losing Lyon might actually turn out to be a positive for us, some of the players were looking a bit stale and a new more attacking game plan under a new coach might be just the change they need.

lol, Plugger your head is in the sand!!!

Saints are bloody woeful where is your improvement goin g to come from?
Your kids are just passengers, how many stand up and win games for you? none they are not matchwinners, you leave to carry the load on your older players!!

This is such a stupid point. Of course they aren't matchwinners yet, ROSS LYON NEVER PLAYED THEM!!!

The Geelong comparison is fair I think. Would Christenson, West, and Hawkins have played anywhere near the same level if Thompson stayed? I can easily see them sticking with Mooney, Milburn and Byrnes all year.

If the likes of Hurley, Zaharakis, Crameri, Hardingham, Jetta etc didn't get games over the last 2 years they wouldn't be where they are now. Could you imagine how frustrating it would've been if Heppell sat in the 2's every week?? That's what we've been going through for the last 3 years!

We didn't piss and moan too much because we were making grand finals but now that we have taken the half step back, I think that Saints fans can be forgiven for thinking it's possible to take 2 steps forward.

Sorry 48 goals. I must add I find it amusing that a Richmond supporter wouldn't rate him as Kosi has dominated them. For one have no ruckman two and he would play 22games fir them.

In the same sentence you're saying Kosi has dominated Richmond and that Richmond don't have a ruckman. Why was Kosi dominating Richmond again? :rolleyes:

Even in career best form he would struggle to displace Tyrone.

That's complete and utter crap. Kosi has dominated games, taking unbelievable pack marks and kicking numerous bags.

Kosi over his career has been extremely inconsistent and yes he should've been traded a few years ago because of it but in no way shape or form has Vickery ever come close to playing as well as Kosi at his career best.

That's complete and utter crap. Kosi has dominated games, taking unbelievable pack marks and kicking numerous bags.

Kosi over his career has been extremely inconsistent and yes he should've been traded a few years ago because of it but in no way shape or form has Vickery ever come close to playing as well as Kosi at his career best.

How many years has Kosi had that stack up against Tyrone's (decent but not spectacular) year?

2009 is comparable and I'll give you 2005, even though he only played half a season. Tyrone's year this year would rank 3rd at worst amongst all of Kosi's.

And on current form he'd struggle to displace Miller.

LOL what a load of rubbish.

I'm sure St Kilda still has finals ambitions. Lyon wasn't the be all and end all at St Kilda, we still have a very strong leadership group of senior players that are capable of driving themselves and the team towards success.

Losing Lyon might actually turn out to be a positive for us, some of the players were looking a bit stale and a new more attacking game plan under a new coach might be just the change they need.

just my opinion, fella. remains to be seen.

So if we're the next Port does that mean we shall win 40 odd flags shortly?? Yay!

well one thing is for sure there not going up, time for a re-build, could spend five years down bottom.

For sure you say?

How would you have any idea? Your opinion doesn't equate to something being 'for sure'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well one thing is for sure there not going up, time for a re-build, could spend five years down bottom.
You seem to have confused 'there' with 'they're' and 'for sure' with 'possible'

The next Port... **** off blaze what a cheap shot.

im sorry but how is this "cheap" or a "shot". You club is in terrible shape on and off the field? that is a FACT not me taking a "cheap shot" at you.

Also i dont recall saying anything negative about port in the title, are saints going to become port? so harden up and stop being such a defensive whinger.

If your club has a disaster year dont burst a dam when people say so, idiot.

For sure you say?

How would you have any idea? Your opinion doesn't equate to something being 'for sure'.

You clearly dont understand the concept of having an opinion.

"for sure" relates to in his opinion it is a given fact, whether or not it is doesn't matter because it is HIS opinion.

He obviouslly has no more idea than anyone else, however this is a forum for giving OPINIONS and its hypnocritical for you to come here to post your OPINIONS whilst belittleling others for doing the same, whether or not you agree with them.

You clearly dont understand the concept of having an opinion. ...... He obviouslly has no more idea than anyone else, however this is a forum for giving OPINIONS and its hypnocritical for you to come here to post your OPINIONS whilst belittleling others for doing the same, whether or not you agree with them.

im sorry but how is this "cheap" or a "shot". You club is in terrible shape on and off the field? that is a FACT not me taking a "cheap shot" at you.

Also i dont recall saying anything negative about port in the title, are saints going to become port? so harden up and stop being such a defensive whinger.

Who was the hypocrite again?

If its only an opinion its not "for sure", they may well think it will be so but saying "for sure" like some omniscient all seeing spirit knowing the one and only truth makes them sound like a twat for sure :)

You know it's a cheap shot dumbass, port finish second bottom for the first time ever and now we are in terrible shape? Hmm I wonder what happened to all those players that were meant to leave. Every team has a time near the bottom and as a collingwood supporter you should understand.

Are collingwood about to do a st.kilda?
Bottom six being questioned? Depth papered over by hacks. Trouble in the ranks. Players being shown up when game plan pulled apart?
Failed once again in GF. Did everything they could to lose in 2010 against second-rate opposition.

Are collingwood about to do a st.kilda?
Bottom six being questioned? Depth papered over by hacks. Trouble in the ranks. Players being shown up when game plan pulled apart?
Failed once again in GF. Did everything they could to lose in 2010 against second-rate opposition.

Difference is that the Pies have plenty of good young players.

You know it's a cheap shot dumbass, port finish second bottom for the first time ever and now we are in terrible shape? Hmm I wonder what happened to all those players that were meant to leave. Every team has a time near the bottom and as a collingwood supporter you should understand.

not every team sunshine :D

So after a few delistings/retirements/trades the 2012 team is starting to shape up. Is this really a bottom side?

B: Gwilt, Dawson, Dempster
HB: Fisher, Blake, Gilbert
C: Montagna, Hayes, Goddard
HF: Schneider, Riewoldt, Siposs
F: Milne, Koschitzke, Saad

Foll: McEvoy, Dal Santo, Steven
Int: Ledger, Ray, Cripps, Armitage

Emg: Walsh, Jones, Peake

the ignorance is strong in this one

Firstly i bet you could write what you know about Port on the back of a stamp.

Secondly your connection between where St Kilda is and where Port are is confusing at best and idiotic at worst.

Trash Port all you like but I'd take our last decade over any other club bar Brisbane and Geelong.

As for your thoughts on St Kilda, why do you care?, I dont, so your nothing but a troll and this thread should be in the bay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the Saints about to become the next "port"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back