Universal Love Are you a member of the Hawthorn FC?

Are you a Hawthorn Football Club Member?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

When would I have used the membership? MCC gets me into all MCG games. For the record I was a Hawks member for 8 years from 1997 through to the year I had to take up my MCC membership.

Also yes reasons are financial. MCC screw over all their members with hidden "fees" which cripple you because you have to pay them.
No club is going to be able to match MCC for value, ever

What "hidden fees"? I'm a full MCC member and I think they've always been very upfront with what fees you'll need to pay.
The age fee by turning 25 (I think it was 25) and the fee for becoming a full member (from being restricted). I had a 1 year overlap of those 2 as they are spread over a few years and I got a $1000+ membership bill. Thankfully all over now and with the MCC paying for new cards I don't even need to pay for my new picture (was from 2002).

Will aways accept Financial reasons - that was me back in early 90's.
Back on board with both HFC and MCC memberships and want to continue that way.
Query you - re MCC hidden fees - what's the issue???
If Hawks ever ended the Tassie deal I would become a member again as we would have to start playing games at Docklands.

The age fee by turning 25 (I think it was 25) and the fee for becoming a full member (from being restricted). I had a 1 year overlap of those 2 as they are spread over a few years and I got a $1000+ membership bill. Thankfully all over now and with the MCC paying for new cards I don't even need to pay for my new picture (was from 2002).

If Hawks ever ended the Tassie deal I would become a member again as we would have to start playing games at Docklands.
Did you not get the letter that comes about 3 months before letting you know what fees you'll be up for?

Have been a member for 38 years.
Loved it as Hawthorn Social Club back in the days of VFL Park.
Member is AFL full member with Hawthorn Club Support which includes me and others as HFC members.
I still recall the bad day of voting NO to the Merger in 1996 and seeing Don Scott take the hawk of a demon Guernsey.
Lived in FNQ for 2 years but still paid and guess I won't ever stop.
Only been to about 4 matches this year due to family but will always love my hawks!

In the interest of finding out just what percentage of posters are members of our club, this poll will hopefully allow our loitering HFC staffers to recognise that they have a large audience of paid up members to engage with, if they so wish. ;)

We have never had a very strong or consistent level of communication between the club and the members of this board with the club choosing to instead post things on Facebook and Instagram without engaging fully in the format, and it would be nice if this changed, but it won't unless the HFC can see that this forum is a very real way to interact with a large number of the membership base.

So this Poll will aim to identify just how many of our readers are actually HFC members that the club could interact with.

With any luck, this might just give our HFC people something to think about.

**This isn't a judgement on whether you the Hawk fan have the right to comment on these pages, it's exactly what I have stated above.

***In fact, if you're not a HFC member, you might not even want to register a No vote in the poll so as to not be judged, that's completely up to you.

11 years consecutive member. Went overseas for a while and was a member a few years prior - so 14 I think

2007 wasn't a bad time to sign up :)

Was a member back in the early 2000's when I was studying in Melbourne, my own footy committments and moving back to the country has meant that I haven't renewed for quite a few years

Been a supporter since 1988 when I was a kid (back-to-back!) and moved here with my family from Sri Lanka. Lived in a flat in Kew a stone's throw away from Glenferrie Oval. I remember being perplexed when we didn't win in '90, then things went back to normal in '91 :D. Been a member since 2009 when I started working full-time and could afford a membership! Have been lucky enough to be chosen in both the '14 and '15 GF ballots to watch two highly memorable floggings.

Supporter since 1986
4 year member - 2 memberships in the household, me and my 15year old boy.
Haven't been to a game this year - Working in Malaysia, Family Living in China

Supporter since 1986
4 year member - 2 memberships in the household, me and my 15year old boy.
Haven't been to a game this year - Working in Malaysia, Family Living in China

The last game I attended was a H&A in the middle of 2008 against Melbourne.
They led until 3/4 time....
Hard to justify the cost of airfares to Australia in the middle of winter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have MCG Reserved seats, plus Launceston reserved seats. Me, Wifey and 2 daughters.

Don't get to MCG as often as we would like, but hopefully next year, now I am in a new job we will be able to across a bit more!

I will be as of the 2018 season. Been without one since 2011 so unfortunately missed out on some of our golden years :p.

Finally moved back to Melbourne in the middle of this year.

Excited to see our future unfold from some decent seats.

Been a member for 32 years, was unable to see any Hawthorn games this season due to a serious accident, looking forward to next season again.

Sorry to read that. Hope you're on the up buddy.
Yeah i'm on the mend now and lucky to be here had to be revived on the scene

Dad signed me up in 2004, Round 21, the Monday before we played Richmond for the wooden spoon. Told me if i become a member at what could potentially be Hawthorn's darkest moment in decades, I would be able to ride the bumps with the club until we got back up there again. Very wise decision by my old man and one i'll always respect. i was a 10 year old boy, who sadly, was almost ashamed to become a member of a team playing so crap, whilst all my mates (bandwagon pric&%) were all Brisbane or Collingwood fans. Have been a member ever since, even though i've never actually lived in Melbourne. Didn't see my first live Hawthorn game until 2 and a half years later, when we played Melbourne on Easter Monday 2007. Between 2007 and 2014 i only saw them once more, against Geelong during the Kennett Curse. Moved to Adelaide at the start of 2015, so have been to every game they've played here since (3 this year which was wonderful).

Hawthorn membership is always dad or grandpa's birthday present to me since then, so even though i never actually got to utilize being a member, except for the Hawksnest discounts and scarfs, I've been a member for 13 years now!

Yes im a member but I never go to the games anymore.
Call me lazy and old but i'd much rather enjoy cold beer at home in the lounge room than warm light beer in a plastic cup for $10 a hit and missing half the game to buy it or have a piss.
The pause button is one of the single greatest inventions of all time, it's not unusual for me to be half an hour behind the game but aa long aa the phone is off who cares.
Thats how I like my footy these days.
As for buying a membership the only reason I really do it is to put a sticker on the car, being the dumb **** i am I realised after last year all I need is a 3 game membership to get it so the club will be about $150 worse off next year.

Go Hawks.

Member for 19 years. Silver Interstate in recent years has delivered 2014 and 2015 GF tickets. Supporter for each and every year of the forty I've lived to date!

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Are you a member of the Hawthorn FC?

Back