Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 21 - 24 Power beat Freo. Blues make finals. Thank you Port!

Remove this Banner Ad

Still better than travelling up to Brisvegas imo.
Right now I'd rather us travel to Brisbane to play them than Dawks. At least we will have the mindset that we beat them in round one and that might give us more confidence.

We certainly couldn't play any worse than last time that's for sure. Our form over the past two months versus theirs is why there's lack of confidence. If we make it, and that's a big if, and we can get some players and some mojo back, then you never know. But I certainly wouldn't be thrilled to play them week one.
Ok so who would you prefer , the options are Brisbane in Brisbane or the dogs .. personally I feel dogs and hawks are similiar and both have hard match ups or but I prefer the hawks over the dogs , playing Brisbane is the worst option .. what’s your preference

Ok so who would you prefer , the options are Brisbane in Brisbane or the dogs .. personally I feel dogs and hawks are similiar and both have hard match ups or but I prefer the hawks over the dogs , playing Brisbane is the worst option .. what’s your preference
I'd rather we beat Saints, Bears & Dogs lose, we play Bears at the 'G week one.

Richmond would get out of the spoon if they win today.

Ironic given Dusty's retirement and how they got him.

So I just played around with the ways it can pan out

To play Lions away (5th v 8th)
BL, Dogs, Us and Freo = 8th, play BL at Gabba
BL, Dogs, Us and Port = 8th, play BL at Gabba
BL, Dogs, StK, Port = 8th, play BL at Gabba
BL, GWS, StK, Port = 8th, play BL at Gabba

To play Hawks at G (6th v 7th)
BL, GWS, Us and Freo = 7th, play Hawks at G
BL, GWS, Us and Port = 7th, play Hawks at G
Ess, GWS, Stk, Port = 8th, play Hawks at G (5th v 8th)
Ess, Dogs, Us, Freo = 7th, play Hawks at G

To play Dogs at G (5th v 8th)
Ess, Dogs, StK and Port - 8th, play Dogs at G

To play Lions at G (6th v 7th)
ESS, GWS, Us and either of Freo/Port

Finish 9th and miss
BL, Dogs, StK and Freo = Finish 9th
BL, GWS, StK and Freo = Finish 9th
Ess, GWS, Stk and Freo = Finish 9th
Ess, Dogs, StK and Freo = Finish 9th

Last edited:
Didn't the Tigers get Dusty at 3 because the Dees had pick 1 (as a priority because they were rubbish) and pick 2 (because they finished last), and the Dees used them on Scully & Trengrove?

Jordan McMahon Cup.

In 2009 Jordan McMahon kicked the winning goal after the siren in round 18 to win the game for the Tigers against Melbourne.

This guaranteed Melbourne a priority pick before the first round, and they used the top two picks to select Scully and Trengrove. This forced Richmond to select Dustin Martin who was perceived to have some "baggage" at the time but still a standout at 3. Richmond would have selected one of Scully or Trengrove had they lost the game and got pick 2.

My point was that had they won today they'd have avoided a spoon in freaky circumstances. But it hasn't happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but playing Hawthorn certainly 'took a toll' on our players when we last met
My take is that we took too many sore and banged up player's into that match. Was a recipe for disaster.

At least now that Russell has fallen on his sword. Things should be better next season on this front.

Probably the Dogs. At least we were in the game against them. I know we beat Brisbane up there but back to back would be hard. I think the Hawks are just too fast and hungry for us

My take is that we took too many sore and banged up player's into that match. Was a recipe for disaster.

At least now that Russell has fallen on his sword. Things should be better next season on this front.
Agreed but I also think the MC need to take a long hard look at the way they do things. Too many underdone selections.

Yes, Hardwick does seem to have his work cut out. Currently they are flat track bullies.

Got to teach them to put in every week and win regularly on the road, or at least on occasion.

It's hard to watch them. They've had to learn the same lessons for a number of years now.

Now that Noz and Rowell are entering their prime and they've got a few players who have been in theirs they've got to find a way to lift. Otherwise they're going to find that those older players will look to get out like they have in the past.

Scary for tigers fans that a 2 win season might not even be rock bottom…
Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 21 - 24 Power beat Freo. Blues make finals. Thank you Port!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back