Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 21 - 24 Power beat Freo. Blues make finals. Thank you Port!

Remove this Banner Ad

The tigs supporters think they’ve currently also got world class youngsters coming through which is quite funny, most are not that impressive

Agree. Am interested to see what sort of currency they leave trade week with though. Think they're rebuilding at exactly the right time, unfortunately.

Agree. Am interested to see what sort of currency they leave trade week with though. Think they're rebuilding at exactly the right time, unfortunately.

Agree with that Wick. All comes down to nailing the picks at the end of the day, we know well enough how things can turn out even if the kid has potential and a high ceiling. They will have a plethora of picks, will be intriguing to see what they do

I get that it's their job to capture the moment, but any chance of the photographer's and cameramen getting the hell out of Dusty's face.

Given the well documented personality he would have hated every minute when not walking the boundary with his mates.

I see no reason for GWS to beat the Dogs tomorrow. As it stands, they have a first up game vs the Swans so they stay in Sydney. If they beat the Dogs, but then Port beat Fremantle, they have to go to Adelaide first up.

Point is if we win, then I think we will be off to Brisbane regardless. Although, we can hope for the Bombers to upset the Lions and we play the Dogs first up.

I agree … 3 premierships and bottom out at the right time ..don’t like using an nba terminology but blow it up and go to the draft and build from there … teams are too conservative with that approach

I agree … 3 premierships and bottom out at the right time ..don’t like using an nba terminology but blow it up and go to the draft and build from there … teams are too conservative with that approach
North have just finished bottom 2 for the 5th consecutive year using that approach

I see no reason for GWS to beat the Dogs tomorrow. As it stands, they have a first up game vs the Swans so they stay in Sydney. If they beat the Dogs, but then Port beat Fremantle, they have to go to Adelaide first up.

Point is if we win, then I think we will be off to Brisbane regardless. Although, we can hope for the Bombers to upset the Lions and we play the Dogs first up.

Think they'd fancy themselves with a Houston-less Port Adelaide side known for collapsing on finals more than playing the Swans.

Take the easier of the two games and get the second week off.

Not trying is a loser mentality and Kingsley won't want that going into finals.

Houston is so important with his run and kicking off half back. It's a vital component of beating the tsunami.

North have just finished bottom 2 for the 5th consecutive year using that approach

They didn't start with the remnants of a premiership base and the opportunity to go out and get a bunch of firsts to start off with.

They also didn't have to worry about rebuilding right before an expansion club came in. If Richmond nail their picks they'll be well stocked ahead of compromised drafts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conversely the Giants did comfortably win the Semi Final against Port at Adelaide Oval last year (got out to a 20 point lead at the 10 min mark of second quarter and didn’t get closer than that really) so wouldn’t hold any fear traveling there and may find that easier than the Swans at the SCG

They probably also wouldn’t want to mess with form too much - and they see the Dogs as an arch rival

Having said that it’s pretty hard to say who would be better to face if we do make Finals - Champion Data said this past week the three most likely premiers based on their data are the Lions, Dogs and Hawks - so we would face a tall order regardless but it would be pretty funny if their top pick (the Dogs) lose tomorrow and miss finals completely

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

GWS would back themselves to get 2nd after Freo beat Port and then a home qualifying final etc.

Richmond won 3 premierships so they can afford to do it … who’s to say north won’t win one before us ….. AFL is one of those leagues where certain teams find it harder to win a premiership and north is one of those teams for various reasons … have a feeling they will be good in a year or 2

One problem for us with Cats overtaking Giants on % is that Giants will finish 4th if they lose to Dogs - would have been better if Cats finished 4th for us

Now if we do finish 8th not only do we have to likely go the Gabba for the elimination final but also face the loser of Swans v Giants in Sydney in the Semi Final if we beat the Lions

Facing Geelong at the MCG in a Semi would be far more palatable. Hence we really have to be going for the Giants tomorrow and then hope we win which would mean an Elimination at the G against the Hawks. But that would put us on course for a prelim at the SCG which would also suck…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

GWS would back themselves to get 2nd after Freo beat Port and then a home qualifying final etc.

It's a risk though, because they likely won't make up the 50 points they need to in order to pass Port's percentage, so they're just hoping Port lose. I wonder whether they would prefer Port away or Sydney in Sydney.

For our part though, I'd prefer Dogs in Melbourne, than Hawks in Melbourne or Brisbane in Brisbane.

Still so many possibilities.

They didn't start with the remnants of a premiership base and the opportunity to go out and get a bunch of firsts to start off with.

They also didn't have to worry about rebuilding right before an expansion club came in. If Richmond nail their picks they'll be well stocked ahead of compromised drafts.

Agreed. If anything, we're in between a rock and a hard place if we don't win a flag in the next year or two.

Agreed. If anything, we're in between a rock and a hard place if we don't win a flag in the next year or two.

This is entirely why they've identified the list profile being an important component of the strategy right now. We can't afford to rebuild in 3 years. Walker must be the highest rated talent we bring in for 3 or 4 years. Otherwise it'll be 2013 to 2015+ all over again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 21 - 24 Power beat Freo. Blues make finals. Thank you Port!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back