Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 21 - 24 Power beat Freo. Blues make finals. Thank you Port!

Remove this Banner Ad

If Geelong wins then we won’t finish higher than 4th and hence at best play at the SCG - they have two easier games after this one so won’t lose again

Everyone else above us other than Swans could lose another game giving us a chance to catch them but if things don’t go our way with other results we could end up 5th too even if we win all 3 remaining games

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep if Geelong win this one it becomes very unlikely we get top 4 even if we win all our remaining games.

Would need either
a) Brisbane to drop a game
or
b) Freo beating GWS (as the away team in Rd. 23) AND GWS beating Bulldogs (as the away team in Rd. 24).

At least that’s what I came up with doing a few different tipping combos.

There is a plausible scenario in which the ladder ends up
Sydney
Geelong
Brisbane
Bulldogs
Carlton

So if Swans beat Bulldogs in qualifying final then Carlton can play at the MCG against the Bulldogs in week 2 if we win our elimination final

And then the winner of that would play Geelong at the MCG in the Prelim if the Cats can hold on against Brisbane in their qualifying final

But this is all threading the needle stuff and more likely we will have to play interstate at least once and possibly more to get to the grand final

There is a plausible scenario in which the ladder ends up
Sydney
Geelong
Brisbane
Bulldogs
Carlton

So if Swans beat Bulldogs in qualifying final then Carlton can play at the MCG against the Bulldogs in week 2 if we win our elimination final

And then the winner of that would play Geelong at the MCG in the Prelim if the Cats can hold on against Brisbane in their qualifying final

But this is all threading the needle stuff and more likely we will have to play interstate at least once and possibly more to get to the grand final

Gee if we lose tmrw, which is 50/50 as betting suggests, don’t worry about finals, we’re done for the year. Playing WCE away and Aints next few games, with little to play for, could mean we’ll be stuck on 12 wins for the year and end up quite a few rungs out of the 8.

Forgive me for focusing totally on winning tmrw without speculating on finals - the 2022 “cart before the horse” formula has not ended well in the past for us.

Carlton ppl have to stop getting ahead of themselves , just as our moronic MC did when they fatally tinkered with team positioning and composition from Giants onwards.

Sorry for sounding so brutal but my opinion is also shared by many other Blues brothers of mine.

Last edited:
Yay we play eagles in WA who are on a sacked coach bounce and winning games and playing better. Our season with the timing of us playing teams when they're in their better form is freakish.

If we can’t beat them then we don’t deserve to play finals.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 21 - 24 Power beat Freo. Blues make finals. Thank you Port!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back