Game Day Around The Grounds - The Prelims - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL would be celebrating that we have coverage over Vic, QLD, SA and NSW for our prelims.. NRL sitting back loathing the Vic representation thinking how can we stop Storm from continuously being up the top.

Kudos where it's due to Geelong, Sydney for continuously being in the finals over the last 25 years, for about 12 grand final appearances between them.

Even Port and Brisbane, have had a sequence of down years but have been prominant this century in the finals.

Won't happen but hope it's a Port and Brisbane GF one of them needs to break their 20/21 years drought. Tired of seeing Sydney and Geelong get a chance to grab the chocolates.

I’m just trying to follow your logic re the NRL, JJ.

I live in rugby league heartland up in Brisbane. I’d have thought the NRL would be delighted at the prospect of a Storm v Panthers grand final. The two dominant teams of the past decade (longer in the case of the Storm) going head to head for the premiership should be a dream come true. And thanks to Cameron Smith and Billy Slater, many Queenslanders have the Storm as either their favourite or second favourite team. It would mean eyeballs on tvs in Queensland, NSW, and Vic.

So I’m not sure why you think the NRL would be disappointed at the prospect of the Storm appearing in the GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around The Grounds - The Prelims - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back