Game Day Around the Grounds - Week 1 - Elimination & Qualifying Finals 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The Simpsons GIF
John Candy No GIF by Laff

Geelong have shut up shop, game's essentially over unless Port can make it rain for a good 10ish minutes.

Don't see it happening.

Geelong could intentionally try and lose it from here and Port would find a way to **** it up

Chris Scott going for a Tosca. 🤣

Home ground advantage.

It's fashionable to go on about how Victorian (MCG tenant) teams have an advantage on GF day against an interstate opponent, but what gets ignored a fair bit is how much easier it is for interstate clubs to make it to the top 4 and the double chance.

People forget that in the first decade of the millenium, the interstate sides had the top 4 mostly on lock courtesy of home ground advantage. Geelong - being the only Vic side that has a definitive home ground - makes top 4 for more or less the same reason. They win games the shouldn't and reduce the margin in games they lose due entirely to HGA.

Im not sure i subscribe to this theory in regards to the interstate clubs.

Im not great at maths but off the top of my head the interstate clubs get to play 12-13 home games (games at their home ground) a season, where we get to play about 17.

The interstate teams play away from their home ground every second week, sometimes we play 5-7 home games in a row.

I mostly agree in regards to Geelong but i hate when people complain about them having a home ground advantage because we used to have a home ground advantage, but we chose to give it up and we choose to not revisit it due to $$$$

Free kicks 6 - 14 ….nice ride cats.

Hasn't been that bad. Port second to the ball. Port second to the man. Utter shit get dished up. Nothing to pay a free for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It might be a smart play to find a betting agency to see what odds you can get on Kenny to coach the Eagles next year. If they get flogged again next week Kochy will have to take some action. Carr gets the gig and Kenny moves to the Eagles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around the Grounds - Week 1 - Elimination & Qualifying Finals 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back