As a Crow fan, how will YOU handle it if Port Power win the Flag this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

My 9 year old son has told me he barracks for them now because his best friends do. I hope they make the GF so he can feel the pain that I did back in 2017. Then I’ll send him on a camp.
You need to take your son to Alberton next year and tell him that these are his people now.

I'll be away in Portugal and Spain for the next 4 weeks, returning GF week, and desperately hope that they won't be there. That said, with their draw - i.e. Geelong at home, they should make the prelim this time. From there I think whomever else they play will beat them. Lock down Butters and I reckon they're done.

It will be unbearable.

The thought of flog Butters & dickhead Dixon being premiership players is loathsome.

I'll emigrate to Siberia. A cold Russian winter will be far better than a hot SA summer if the Paer are the reigning premiers.
If Dixon plays, they won't win the GF.

I honestly think Collingwood winning is the doomsday scenario and that already played out...hasnt been that insufferable. Seemed much worse back in 2010.

I honestly think watching Port fans try to walk back criticism of Ken and pretend they stuck fat would be worth a few chuckles.

Other than that I'd probably go the local B&B but that's a fairly standard activity so I guess life goes on.

Valid point

I almost wept listening to Sam Mitchell being interviewed last week.

First of all was positive about the vibe young, confident players like Rachele bring.

Then talked about trading out Tom Mitchell and Jaeger O'Meara. Both solid contributors but he explained how they'd be taking away key midfield time from their next generation who they needed to invest in.

They're a club that just get it.
Yeah stark contrast.

We should be benchmarking for sure and benchmarking against the right teams.

But that's just one factor to gauge performance and there are several non-benchmarking indicators that are telling us we're (and key staff in particular) performing poorly. We shouldn't even need to analyse other clubs to tell that we're still struggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Valid point

I almost wept listening to Sam Mitchell being interviewed last week.

First of all was positive about the vibe young, confident players like Rachele bring.

Then talked about trading out Tom Mitchell and Jaeger O'Meara. Both solid contributors but he explained how they'd be taking away key midfield time from their next generation who they needed to invest in.

They're a club that just get it.

And this is why Mitchell succeeded in his rebuild where we failed.

I can’t see them losing to Geel but they’ll still get a tough prelim.
Hard to know where Geelong sit. Write them off at your own peril. They had a soft draw but they're also the only team since Sydney in Round 7 to beat Hawthorn by more than 2 points (and it was by 51). They could surprise Port.

The dream is Geelong to sneak over Port and have Port come up against a red hot Hawthorn. That'd have Port shitting themselves.

If we had won another 1 or 2 flags over the last 20 years I wouldn't be as concerned.

However, I think the next flag is going to create a seismic shift in the SA footy landscape especially if Port win one and our drought continues.

How are we supposed to entice the next generation when we haven't even won a flag for nearly 30 years?

Hard to know where Geelong sit. Write them off at your own peril. They had a soft draw but they're also the only team since Sydney in Round 7 to beat Hawthorn by more than 2 points (and it was by 51). They could surprise Port.

The dream is Geelong to sneak over Port and have Port come up against a red hot Hawthorn. That'd have Port shitting themselves.
Chris Scott and that team are primed for September, I have full faith they'll beat Port.

Cross my fingers that it will be good for the AFC ultimately because it will place pressure on us to do better
I won't like it at all but it will highlight how they built the team with bold, daring and targeted recruiting and chasing of picks to get their man.

That analysis will show how almost inept we've been across all areas given we still don't have a midfield after seven years in the wilderness.

The same with how I dealt with Danger and Geelong winning in 2022, feel sick and dread it as they were winning finals and then when they win the granny just accept it and move on. It was easy enough once it was done.

Chris Scott and that team are primed for September, I have full faith they'll beat Port.

Let’s hope they can get the job done. Whoever loses is going to have one hell of a tough game the following week.

Last edited:
Living in Sydney I won't run into any smug Port supporters -
Bill Murray Dalai Llama GIF
Same for me in Perth. They are thankfully few and far between here. It would be unbearable in Adelaide.

Them winning it would still be incredibly depressing though. I will have to hand in my scissors and pig stabber at work (like last time they won) to stop me from self harming.

Them winning would just be the “cherry on top” of what’s been a depressing season from us.

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Crow fan, how will YOU handle it if Port Power win the Flag this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back