As a Crow fan, how will YOU handle it if Port Power win the Flag this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
They seem to have their $hit together this year. previous years they had a lot of chinks in their Armour but this year they are set up perfectly.
They didn't peak in round 5 or 12.. they pretty much flew under the radar until the Showdown. Their fans will be unbearable if they win it.. we will just have to cop it and it might be the kick up the backside the Adelaide Footy club needs if Port win.. might make us make drastic changes to make sure they don't overtake us in the SA market/Success. Its their flag to lose.

Firstly they just got over the line against Freo, who had their captain / key defender, best key forward and their best mid injured in the last quarter. I don't think they are a guarantee. I could see their game with cats going either way, whoever loses is up for a tough game playing the winner of Hawks and Dogs.

The way I will cope with it is disconnect from social media, living in Melbourne has it's benefits

Firstly they just got over the line against Freo, who had their captain / key defender, best key forward and their best mid injured in the last quarter. I don't think they are a guarantee. I could see their game with cats going either way, whoever loses is up for a tough game playing the winner of Hawks and Dogs.

The way I will cope with it is disconnect from social media, living in Melbourne has it's benefits
Yeah, logging out of social media will be the first thing but yeah... it will be tough. just have to cop it. everything went their way the past month. Brisbane f***d up by losing two games that at stages were 5 goals up. they were the inform side and now cant win it.

Living in Sydney I won't run into any smug Port supporters -
Bill Murray Dalai Llama GIF

I have a bet on them to make the GF. So firstly I'll make coin on that if they make it.

Then if they make it, I'll probably take some of that and put an insurance bet on them to win it too.

Other than that, it is what it is. I'm kind of resigned to the possibility. If they win it then good on them. Honestly with JHF starting to dominate already and Butters and Rozee still young it's probably just a matter of time. If it's not this year it could be next year. Or the year after.

This year though the stars have aligned. It's their best shot at it apart from the Covid year. And hey, if worst comes to worst and they win it, Dan Houston will still have as many AFL flags as I do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a bet on them to make the GF. So firstly I'll make coin on that if they make it.

Then if they make it, I'll probably take some of that and put an insurance bet on them to win it too.

Other than that, it is what it is. I'm kind of resigned to the possibility. If they win it then good on them. Honestly with JHF starting to dominate already and Butters and Rozee still young it's probably just a matter of time. If it's not this year it could be next year. Or the year after.

This year though the stars have aligned. It's their best shot at it apart from the Covid year. And hey, if worst comes to worst and they win it, Dan Houston will still have as many AFL flags as I do.
Dirty money...its profiting off of other peoples misery:sick:

They're doing enough to win, albeit not overly convincing.

-Beat a Freo team thats butchered the last month and didn't have Treacy, Darcy or Pearce.
-If not for a dog hit from Houston, probably/maybe lose the showdown.
-Limped over the line against Melbourne who are a rabble.
-Sydney win was impressive but cant see Sydney dishing that out ever again.

I think teams with decent smalls (Geelong with Stengle, Miers etc) can get a hold of their backline with Houston and Farrell out. Those two are also their main drivers off half back. Now you're relying on Burton to perform/stay fit. One or two more outs and their depth really starts to get tested. Dylan Williams likely in would make you nervous as a Port fan.

It will be interesting to see what mix they go with once Marshall, MG, Dixon, Esava are all fit at the same time. Does Esava go back again and throw out Aliir and BZT? Can Marshall stand up in a big game? If you can breakeven against Port's mids then you're a good chance at winning. They'll get either Sydney/GWS in a prelim if they do happen to beat Geelong and I'm taking those 2 teams ahead of Port.

I'll leave the country if they do happen to win though :)

I barrack for two teams in the AFL... the Crows and anyone playing Port.

In 2004 I put a bet on Port to beat Brisbane... was more than happy to lose my money but at least if Port won (which obviously they did) if I got crap from Port fans I could tell them I was happy they won as I got money out of it.

But hoping they lose in straight sets but doubt they will (sigh).

They have to win it at some point.

It will feel annoying if they do but they got the recruitment right when they got rid of Wingard, Polek, Pittard, Howard etc, moved up the draft and secured Rozee. Fought for JHF (pick 8 2022 and Pick 20 last year, absolute bargain) and nailed the pick with Butters while we got Jones and McHenry in the same draft. Kudos to them for making decision to stop being a middle of the road team, sticking with their coach and targeting specific players.

Maybe we took notes and did that last year by getting Curtin and Edwards? GWS picked Leake and Gothard who didn't play this year.

Port may very well enter a dynasty with their 3 elite mids (who are all under 25!) + Wines who is an A Grader and some really good talent around the place.

I couldn't care less if Port win the flag. Giving the way they are play especially with their defensive game I think they can make the GF at worst. I'm picking a Port vs GWS Grand Final this year.

If Port win it I think Dan Houston will stay.

Last edited:
Remember Port have been bog average for about half the year. They were playing average as recent as the Carlton game. The last two games they were better due to tackling pressure, but they beat two teams outside the 8.

I'm not sold on any of the top 8 maybe outside of Hawthorn. Going to be an interesting finals!

I'm numb to the success or failure of Port after decades of poor Crows teams being justified in comparison to them.

My reaction will be entirely dependent on who they beat.

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Crow fan, how will YOU handle it if Port Power win the Flag this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back