As a Crow fan, how will YOU handle it if Port Power win the Flag this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

The only reason hawks was a ‘good win’ was because people expected so little from Port after their embarrassing showing against Geelong at home.

They finished 2nd on the ladder, and they were never really in either Geelong or Sydney games. Fell over the line against a 7th placed travelling side.

I think they implode from here. Given it a few cracks and they’re not any closer even after (trying) to address their weaknesses with defenders and ruckman. They know they can’t do it with the game plan when heat turns up. Surely this is where Ken ‘loses’ the players and is sacked half way through the year.
Geelong was looking very shaky as a top 4 side but them smashing Port Power by nearly 15 goals show how shit they really are.

Is there a stat showing ports win loss record with Dixon in the team versus out of it? For the last couple of seasons?
Strangely enough the last good game he played was the Sydney game 7 weeks ago.

I'll be honest, I would not have handled a Port flag very well at all. So thank you Sydney, from the bottom of my heart I thank you.

The only reason hawks was a ‘good win’ was because people expected so little from Port after their embarrassing showing against Geelong at home.

They finished 2nd on the ladder, and they were never really in either Geelong or Sydney games. Fell over the line against a 7th placed travelling side.

I think they implode from here. Given it a few cracks and they’re not any closer even after (trying) to address their weaknesses with defenders and ruckman. They know they can’t do it with the game plan when heat turns up. Surely this is where Ken ‘loses’ the players and is sacked half way through the year.
It was a game they were extremely lucky to win.

They gave the ball back 5 times in the last 2 minutes and escaped by the skin of their teeth.

Great they lost but they made a prelim, we finished 15th. Did our bottom 10 players kill us or our top 10 or our coach?
Bottom 6 and the coaches IMO.

Our list should be playing finals or very close to, yet here we are.

We have a coach who can't think his way around issues in game, and players lack direction. We don't have quite enough top end talent to challenge but a good coach would have us playing finals IMO

Port are only marginally better than us, what helps them is some great top end talent and the soft draw.

The AFL help to manufacture their ladder position and wins through the soft draw and they create their list to beat up on bottom 10 sides.

But lack the depth to be truly competitive. Only winning 2 quarters in 3 games highlight this.

Anyone actually watching them play can see how they win through Chaos ball and top end talent.

That doesn't stack up in September.

It's a cruel tease for their supporters.

Happy Saturday!

Reasonable chance IMO that Kenny gets moved on here - despite Koch’s comments last week. A seemingly ITK Power poster thinks Board members are being cagey re an extraordinary meeting likely to now be held to remove him.

You can only tolerate so much finals failure as a club without acting. Longest serving coach in world history to not make an AFL GF. And it’s the way they continue to lose. 4 previous losses circa 10 goals average (3 of them at home) and then last nights game felt like another 10 goal loss. No team has ever won less than their 2 quarters from 3 finals games.

Ken is cooked. I hope they keep him as blind Freddy can see he isn’t up to it. Combination of coach smarts and squad talent and Poort certainly aren’t top quartile. What they are is the beneficiary of the leagues easiest draw, an incredibly tight top 8-10 this year and SO many close wins (6-7) by a goal or so. Won’t make finals next year.

Can’t believe they paid a first rounder for Cats Rat and BZT should be sacked this morning. Softest defender going around. Agree with significant amount of Power supporters saying also sack Rozee as captain. SOFT and PRETTY but not a captains @sshole. Will be sacked at some point - when is the question. And for all those worried about missing Rozee in the draft we’ll…he isn’t a finals player with 80-90% weak performances from all finals played (that’s from Power supporters)

Even Kane and Roachy privately would know this but can’t come clean in the media.

Wonder if Kenny being sacked also would impact any of the likely trade targets willingness to join them also? My gut feel is yes.

Happy Saturday

Interesting part comes if Port drop off and have a couple of seasons out of the 8 and the bandwagoners stop turning up.

Say what you want about the crows but generally we always turn up rain or shine

Port are only marginally better than us, what helps them is some great top end talent and the soft draw.

The AFL help to manufacture their ladder position and wins through the soft draw and they create their list to beat up on bottom 10 sides.

But lack the depth to be truly competitive. Only winning 2 quarters in 3 games highlight this.

Anyone actually watching them play can see how they win through Chaos ball and top end talent.

That doesn't stack up in September.

It's a cruel tease for their supporters.

Not so sure next year they get a soft draw. In their double ups, they will play two of Brisbane, Sydney, GWS, Geelong and Hawthorn and only one of Gold Coast, Melbourne, Richmond, West Coast and North Melbourne (play us) and two of the middle group.

Bottom 6 and the coaches IMO.

Our list should be playing finals or very close to, yet here we are.

We have a coach who can't think his way around issues in game, and players lack direction. We don't have quite enough top end talent to challenge but a good coach would have us playing finals IMO
And the coach being welded to players who aren’t capable of helping the team to improve and don’t help with our structure, is also a massive issue.

Interesting part comes if Port drop off and have a couple of seasons out of the 8 and the bandwagoners stop turning up.

Good point, Sadly for them they have no draft collateral with a strong draft this year. KPD and KPF both are embarrassingly bad. Dixon, BZT, Rat - they aren’t top 4 KPP. Marshall sadly may be gone with concussions injuries which is genuinely sad and bad luck for the guy who I rate. Allir 30 ish and not getting better from here.

To answer your question if they were a stock I would be selling now as a LONG slide is coming over coming years knowing they haven’t got enough talent now and need to restock

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that is why the AFL gifts them the draw and they structure their list to belt up on bottom sides.

They call us a franchise, but the way Koch has "fixed" their club is to make going to a Port game a piece of theatre.

Exciting brand of Footy beating up on chumps.

I doubt Koch sees winning a flag as a KPI.

Not so sure next year they get a soft draw. In their double ups, they will play two of Brisbane, Sydney, GWS, Geelong and Hawthorn and only one of Gold Coast, Melbourne, Richmond, West Coast and North Melbourne (play us) and two of the middle group.
Is that a hard rule?

Wait and see I guess.

And the coach being welded to players who aren’t capable of helping the team to improve and don’t help with our structure, is also a massive issue.
Yup

I could think of a feyou could easily change from within the squad that would make a big difference.

That doesn't include ROB either.

Most years a top 4 side from the previous year drops out of the 8. Port would have to be favourites
next season.

They beat Hawthorn on effort and luck rather than skill. You can’t keep that up every week especially in finals.

I would like nothing better for them to implode and get the tarps back!
They gave up so much for the Geelong reject and soldo etc

Time to lift those afl handouts a little and a 20k average crowd

I would rather like to think it was due to Sicily hitting the post

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Crow fan, how will YOU handle it if Port Power win the Flag this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back