As a Crow fan, how will YOU handle it if Port Power win the Flag this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely coaches but disagree on bottom 6. Wait until our B&F and see how well they played.

Laird will poll but hes ordinary.
Rob won’t but he’s our sole ruck.
Tex didn’t have a great year.

Not many of our top 10 players had good consistent years.
I think we've got enough talent to be making the 8.

We don't have enough to go higher at the moment

Not so sure next year they get a soft draw. In their double ups, they will play two of Brisbane, Sydney, GWS, Geelong and Hawthorn and only one of Gold Coast, Melbourne, Richmond, West Coast and North Melbourne (play us) and two of the middle group.
That seems to have gone by the wayside in 2024. I believe the AFL relaxed it this year for a bit more flexibility. I could be wrong but I know Richmond played three teams that were in the top 6 in 2023; Port Adelaide, Carlton and St Kilda

Was just wondering how the 3 AFL flags in 5 years goal was going?

Oh and the 100,000 members?

Yeah. They clearly need a review and a new 5-year plan!
Accountability is required for the clear failure of the previous plan.

Reading the port board is cathartic.

They say a lot of the same shit we do when venting though.
It’s identical. It’s actually what made me realise AFL fans in general have unrealistic expectations and are quite sooky to be honest. I’m an unashamed stoic when it comes to footy which can be confused with a happy clapper. I’m not going to be bothered with things outside my control.

But how good is it that we don’t have to worry about our cross-town rivals? Never in doubt

That seems to have gone by the wayside in 2024. I believe the AFL relaxed it this year for a bit more flexibility. I could be wrong but I know Richmond played three teams that were in the top 6 in 2023; Port Adelaide, Carlton and St Kilda

St Kilda weren’t in the top 6 at the end of the final series. It is based after the finals positions not the season. Saints lost their first final and finished 7th.

Like this year, the Western Bulldogs finished this year in 6th but after finals finished 7th. They will be in the second grouping.

Interesting for the Hawks they will have a tougher draw next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we have a 5 year plan?

The top strategic priorities to be achieved by 2027 include but are not limited to:

• A premiership for the AFL team
  • Sustained AFLW success highlighted by a fourth flag
  • A membership tally of 100,000
  • Community programs accessible to 100,000 participants
  • Relocate the entire Club to its new home base by 2026

It’s identical. It’s actually what made me realise AFL fans in general have unrealistic expectations and are quite sooky to be honest. I’m an unashamed stoic when it comes to footy which can be confused with a happy clapper. I’m not going to be bothered with things outside my control.

But how good is it that we don’t have to worry about our cross-town rivals? Never in doubt
Yep, i reckon I reached the same conclusion this year too.

The top strategic priorities to be achieved by 2027 include but are not limited to:

• A premiership for the AFL team
  • Sustained AFLW success highlighted by a fourth flag
  • A membership tally of 100,000
  • Community programs accessible to 100,000 participants
  • Relocate the entire Club to its new home base by 2026

Thanks.

1. Doubtful with numbnuts in charge.
2. More than probable, a distinct possibility
3. Don’t think so, unless it is AFLW memberships, we don’t have a 100k ground and we have large % of 11 game memberships
4. Meh
5. Will meet that target as expected to be September 2026 (assume no construction delays - always possible).

Was just wondering how the 3 AFL flags in 5 years goal was going?

Oh and the 100,000 members?

I think Davies clarified it was 3 flags across their AFL, AFL and SANFL teams.

How well their SANFL and womens sides play it's all up to Kenny.

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Crow fan, how will YOU handle it if Port Power win the Flag this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back