As a Crow fan, how will YOU handle it if Port Power win the Flag this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ports dr declared him fit?

shocked philip j fry GIF

It’s identical. It’s actually what made me realise AFL fans in general have unrealistic expectations and are quite sooky to be honest. I’m an unashamed stoic when it comes to footy which can be confused with a happy clapper. I’m not going to be bothered with things outside my control.

But how good is it that we don’t have to worry about our cross-town rivals? Never in doubt

I did see that there was poster on there who was being completely realistic about the state of their lost, but got piled on and shouted down by the 'Port have the bestest list in the AFL" crowd that are stuck in the late 1980s.

As for the Topic I think I handled it quite well thankyou
It would be interesting to go back over this thread to see which posters are triggered by Port & those of us who knew they are not flag material... even after being smashed in their 1st final.

Got the feeling watching on Friday that Port are set for a fall. Their game plan was virtually non-existent, their stars were easily covered, their old guys should just retire, their recent high draft picks are OK at best, their bottom six shouldn't be playing and their missing link players were let go from their previous clubs for a reason. I accept that there were a couple of good players missing through injury, but that won't be enough to make them survive. They'll continue to have a few heroic wins, mostly at home, but I think they should get ready for a few years in the dark, as they have a mini-rebuild to make up for several years of assuming incorrectly that they were in the premiership window.

Got the feeling watching on Friday that Port are set for a fall. Their game plan was virtually non-existent, their stars were easily covered, their old guys should just retire, their recent high draft picks are OK at best, their bottom six shouldn't be playing and their missing link players were let go from their previous clubs for a reason. I accept that there were a couple of good players missing through injury, but that won't be enough to make them survive. They'll continue to have a few heroic wins, mostly at home, but I think they should get ready for a few years in the dark, as they have a mini-rebuild to make up for several years of assuming incorrectly that they were in the premiership window.

There depth is poor, they have issue forward and behind the ball, and I think Rozee game has dropped a gear or two in recent seasons

Houston and Bergam will both be gone by end of next year, and it wouldn’t surprise if Butters heads back to Victoria in the next 2-3 years

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Most Finals aren't won and lost - by the bottom tier players.

The game was won by Heaney, Gulden and Warner completely dominating JHF, Rozee and Butters.

Correct. Rarely do depth players make a difference. Talent wins finals and Port lack enough top end talent at the moment. Farrell and Houston missing was huge.
They need an off season where they get Luko, Perryman and probably another top 12-14 player (for them) to have a decent shot at it

They had a pretty good run with injury this year, Aliir just turned 30
Hopefully we can get our act together and go past them over the next two years

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Crow fan, how will YOU handle it if Port Power win the Flag this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back