Ask DT/SC Questions Here (Please check player's roster watch thread before Posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Ask DT/SC Questions Here (Please Read First Page before Posting)

The 66 million dollar question: what impact will the recruitment of Ben Hudson have upon Leuy's ruck time? Is he purely a backup for injury? I can't see Hudson being effective as a pinch hitting forward.

The 66 million dollar question: what impact will the recruitment of Ben Hudson have upon Leuy's ruck time? Is he purely a backup for injury? I can't see Hudson being effective as a pinch hitting forward.

I'm waiting to see how they're used in the NAB Cup before getting on board the Leuenberger express. That's my only concern over him.

Sorry for posting in wrong section. Do you think his a chance for Rd 1?

Sorry for posting in wrong section. Do you think his a chance for Rd 1?
I think he is a chance but his continued non-appearance in training is a concern. The last thing from the club was that he was aiming to play in the last week of the NAB Cup. If he then plays in the rest week, he'll have 2 games under his belt for round 1 - possibly just enough to put him in the selection mix. The question is whether the coach is willing to take him in underdone. He's pretty vital to our success so you'd think he'd be given every opportunity (although we are not short of other options, none of them have Drummo's hurt factor).

He's in my SC right now but I've got a contingency plan in case he doesn't come up.

Docherty in full training as yet? I know he didn't play in the intraclub today, but I am interested. Really like his game. No hurry I suppose and maybe more of a downgrade target

Sam Docherty (SD = Special Delivery = FedEx as a nickname?)
;)

Played with men since 15. In footy.

No not in full training as yet.

I would not be expecting him early. They will bring him along cautiously. There are a few small defenders who are standing up atm and they can afford to give those guys a look and make Docherty work for it when he is fully fit. No need to rush him.

What do you guys think about Zorkos injury? Still a chance for round 1?

And I'm considering Ryan Harwood, collected some pretty big numbers outside of the AFL.

What do you guys think about Zorkos injury? Still a chance for round 1?

And I'm considering Ryan Harwood, collected some pretty big numbers outside of the AFL.
Zorko - at this stage he's OK for round 1 although worth remembering he is a first year player - wouldn't take a huge amount for others to leapfrog him for round 1 - Beams, Sheldon are in the mix

Harwood - maybe for DT. Not sure he has the polish to be a good SCer.

Hey guys, I had Redden last year and reckon he was one of the big success stories in DT.

This year I've got him and Rockliff together in the midfield.

Could this be a good (potentially DT winning?) move, or have I put too many eggs in the one basket having 2 guns from one team?

Probably a generic question, but having too many players from one line in the same team has never worked for me before...

Hey guys, I had Redden last year and reckon he was one of the big success stories in DT.

This year I've got him and Rockliff together in the midfield.

Could this be a good (potentially DT winning?) move, or have I put too many eggs in the one basket having 2 guns from one team?

Probably a generic question, but having too many players from one line in the same team has never worked for me before...

Best way to look at it from a DT perspective is;

Rocky and Redden is basically the lions version of Swan and Pendlebury.

They're going to rack up points and they don't seem to get in the way of each other.

Granted, it's 2012 now and anything can happen.

Best way to look at it from a DT perspective is;

Rocky and Redden is basically the lions version of Swan and Pendlebury.

They're going to rack up points and they don't seem to get in the way of each other.

Granted, it's 2012 now and anything can happen.

Thanks, Beamsy. Concise answer that I was looking for.

BTW, do you guys think both have improvement in them at this stage?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys. How's Hanley travelling this preseason? Any thoughts his chances of improving on his DT average of 80 odd last season? Looking for someone different :)

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys. How's Hanley travelling this preseason? Any thoughts his chances of improving on his DT average of 80 odd last season? Looking for someone different :)

Thanks in advance!

He is going great, Will get midfield time this year and I'm tipping him to average 90+

Without looking at his scores (haven't bothered with my DT yet), Hanley strikes me as a better SC player than DT. If Drummond is a 10 at the SC impact end and Rhys Palmer is a 0 on the DT ball butchering accumulator end I suspect Hanley's about a 7.

With limited information (the year's still young) I'd compare his suspected new role with Heath Shaw's.

Hanley was about on par last year between SC and DT. He did tend to get a lot of uncontested ball which is not rewarded in SC and whilst some of his disposals were at the elite end he did have his fair share of ineffective disposals as well. Bear in mind that last year was his first year full time in the highest level. I think it is likely that his SC score will improve more than his DT score because he is a good user of the ball and he will be more comfortable out there this year which will cut down on the errors. Reputation also tends to be rewarded a bit in SC and as he develops his reputation for being a very good user of the ball CD will score it so.

One thing I'd worry about with Hanley is that he got I would think approx 15 points per game from playing on at the kick-ins. If he's playing up the ground a bit more he may not be taking the kick-ins which could have a detrimental effect on his scores. Something to keep an eye on in the NAB Cup I suppose.

One thing I'd worry about with Hanley is that he got I would think approx 15 points per game from playing on at the kick-ins. If he's playing up the ground a bit more he may not be taking the kick-ins which could have a detrimental effect on his scores. Something to keep an eye on in the NAB Cup I suppose.

Now I could be wrong, but aren't kick-in's not counted towards stats in DT and SC?

Now I could be wrong, but aren't kick-in's not counted towards stats in DT and SC?

Most aren't, but possessions from playing on from a kick-out are.

I've also got a scratchy memory that a kick-out to mark outside 50 is counted as a rebound 50, or some such.

I think it was established last year that kick-ins do count as a standard kick.

Ok, found it:

Is a player who’s kicking in from an opposition behind awarded points for that kick? or only when it’s effective and long?

KJ: Kick-ins are judged the same as any other kick. Effective kick-ins get a positive score (though not as high as a general play kick) and clanger kick-ins get a negative score. As with general play kicks, the most valuable outcome for a player is kicking long and finding an uncontested teammate.

http://tooserious.net/from-inside-the-world-of-champion-data#more-3311

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask DT/SC Questions Here (Please check player's roster watch thread before Posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back