Assistant coaches 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to say with Kingsley winning coach of the year, it was Dimma’s ego that has prevented what should have been a hand over to his right hand man. Instead the philandering f*wit hung around 1 year too many after the ‘21 & ‘22 seasons should have been more than enough evidence for him to know his sausage was cooked. God love him for bringing us 3 premierships but his exit left a lot to be desired
We made finals in '22 and lost by less than a goal to Brisbane in Brisbane. From round 6 that year we didn't lost a game by more than a goal even though Lynch who was in best player in the entire league form was injured for a chunk of it.

Revisionist history for sure. You gotta suck it up and get that not every year can be a success. The expectations some people have on here are just ridiculous. It's been 3 SEASONS without a flag and you're acting like we haven't made finals in a decade.

I come in peace: I’m stoked to have X. Clarke as from the outside he seems to have been a fair part of your success — how do you guys feel about him leaving?
download.jpg
Good man but we move on we need a new direction good luck with yours.

LOL Newman assistant yet according to some here he missed out on the job because he wanted to fully rebuild hahaha , why would he even join if the direction is not where he wanted it. Goes to show how stupid some of the Bs is on here, most of it just made up to suit some narrative
Not sure but the story might be way off as is the norm here. didn't they coach together at the hawks? perhaps that had something to do with him coming on board rather than coming home.

View attachment 1815016
Good man but we move on we need a new direction good luck with yours.
Plus he wasn’t that good with the indigenous boys.
Dan and Sheds were already established great club men and well respected before he arrived .
Pickett was set up at STH Fremantle and got back on track there and then got in trouble here after four years. Whether innocent it’s still a bad look and the wrong reasons for being in media.
Stack got worse the longer he was on the list.
MRJ came back looking like an Oompah Loompa.
Standards and discipline had dropped bc complacency and arrogance had set in after the hard work put into winning three flags . it’s great we are doing a full clean out bc the place was becoming a boys club again where players and coaches were on the same page with no accountability. I think a few tweaks and we can be competitive enough to finish 5-8 th.
I want to see fitness and conditioning staff renewed and severely upgraded as this was another area we skimped on. Great Empires in any walks of life fall and fail and the major reasons are basically due to the seven deadly sins. Benny has fortunately stepped in again before it got out of control.

Last edited:
After going through the process for the Senior Coach role at Richmond, Chris felt that gaining more experience in another coaching environment would help his development and further his senior coaching aspirations. Chris was upfront with the club about this and his desire to return to his former club”

From the Hawthorn statement on Newy.

Just because he had a different taught process on where he sees the club, doesn’t mean he won’t come to assist under a great mate and exceptional coach in Yze for his own development. His ideology being different to Yze will be an asset.
Exactly your last TWO sentences says it all and what i want our coaching team to consist of. Need people with different ideas and thought processes otherwise we will end up with the stagnant KDH, mini, X and co. show.
We need to get back to have innovators and motivators like when KDH was assisted with Blake, Fly, Leppa, Kingsley, mini and X.

I would target Shane Edwards. Such a smart player, reads the game well, had a big voice at the club being an on field coach. Respected leader. Would more than fill the role left behind by X. Also great mates with Newy. How likely are we extracting him from his indigenous player development coach at the Crows? Thoughts.

Hawthorn statement below. Any chance one of those kids is a boy?! Bump to father son thread!
“We’d like to acknowledge Chris’ service at the Hawks and wish him, his wife Lauren, and their children Indiana, Macie, Alba and Rylee all the best in the future.”
newy 4 girls

lids 3 girls

richo 3 girls

chimp 2 girls

jack 2 girls

club is cursed

I would target Shane Edwards. Such a smart player, reads the game well, had a big voice at the club being an on field coach. Respected leader. Would more than fill the role left behind by X. Also great mates with Newy. How likely are we extracting him from his indigenous player development coach at the Crows? Thoughts.
Shedda is a great man and would be an asset to the club in any role.
I’d love to see him back, but not sure that he’s going down that assistant coach path.
He had an interest in recruiting and sat with our team during draft night back in his playing days. As you say though now he’s in the indigenous development role with the Crows

Don't see the love for X.Clarke...as a footballer thought he was very ordinary in the 1st Q GF agin the Wobbles..
At the time I thought he would make a fine dancer he moved so smoothly...in the wrong industry to take advantage of his skills!
Footy career finished around a 100 games...with 2 years at the Bears where he played few games and was injured...
Times I have heard him speak tactics in front of a side...unimpressed..
Maybe he just does a Balmey really well with the indigenous young players?!?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes in recruitment, not coaching.

Exactly your last TWO sentences says it all and what i want our coaching team to consist of. Need people with different ideas and thought processes otherwise we will end up with the stagnant KDH, mini, X and co. show.
We need to get back to have innovators and motivators like when KDH was assisted with Blake, Fly, Leppa, Kingsley, mini and X.
If reports are true that newman proposed deeper cuts to regenerate but uze won out with the reload, maybe newman thought it would be new learning to see a reload? In his career we did the bottom out a bit, he then saw a top up at hawthorn that didn't work and then a bottom out that turned them around faster than the kangaroos. It's not like it's a set philosophy but just opinions and maybe he thinks he has more to learn from yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Assistant coaches 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back