Austin W

Remove this Banner Ad

you're suggesting that he's somehow going to undermine the club by stealthily encouraging the recruiting department to look at players we wouldn't ordinarily? that makes zero sense. he's the coach of the club, surely any suggestions he makes for consideration are what he deems in our best interests.

The evidence we've seen so far demonstrates that Ross Lyon does everything in the best interests of Ross Lyon.

The evidence we've seen so far demonstrates that Ross Lyon does everything in the best interests of Ross Lyon.

Just as well it's in the best interests of Ross Lyon to win a premiership with us then. Even the most mercenary of career coaches don't get to hand pick a 3rd gig unless they've won a premiership by the end of their 2nd.

If he gets that for us he can choose to bugger off to Collingwood for $3 million a year for all I care.

As long as our list management crew (ie Bondy) stays strong in our youth policy early in the draft they can let Ross use our late/PSD picks for whatever he wants and I won't be concerned. After all it's the same luxury that was afforded to Harvey (ie McPhee).

Just as well it's in the best interests of Ross Lyon to win a premiership with us then. Even the most mercenary of career coaches don't get to hand pick a 3rd gig unless they've won a premiership by the end of their 2nd.

If he gets that for us he can choose to bugger off to Collingwood for $3 million a year for all I care.

As long as our list management crew (ie Bondy) stays strong in our youth policy early in the draft they can let Ross use our late/PSD picks for whatever he wants and I won't be concerned.

At least you recognise that its a brave new world esti. Short term gain may be the new king, so lets hope it reaps rewards or we could end up like St KIlda.

At least you recognise that its a brave new world esti. Short term gain may be the new king, so lets hope it reaps rewards or we could end up like St KIlda.

I've no problem with coaches aiming for short term gain to a certain extent. That should be their job - to get as much as possible out of the playing group as quickly as possible. Certainly prefer that to snake oil salesmen buying themselves new contracts by promising unrealised journeys and 5 year plans.

That's why we now have football managers/list managers/etc to balance that out. It's their job to keep the long term health of the club in mind and keep the recruiting policies in balance.

Most of his goals were simply being there when the ball came off the pack in the goalsquare. What I couldn't work out from that game was whether he was actually good at reading the play or was just damn lucky.

Turned out he just got lucky for one game in his life. Spud, do not want.
worst game ever.

About 15 minutes ago. You must have missed it.

Was that as a chevron taliban meeting?

Whoever suggested we should target Austin W should be shot in the head, possibly the laziest and unfit player in the AFL. He was delisted because hes not good enough, the fat bastard.

Quite wrong, he was delisted because he couldn't get his head right after his Dad's death. He lost his mu when he was young and it seems like his father was the motivation for him playing AFL at all.

Was that as a chevron taliban meeting?

That term is still just as amusing as the hundred other times you used it.

I have a whole batch of new chevron gear by the way. A mate got it for me in Bali and I saved a shitload. I know the club won't care because they will recognise that its just business.

Quite wrong, he was delisted because he couldn't get his head right after his Dad's death. He lost his mu when he was young and it seems like his father was the motivation for him playing AFL at all.

It's a shame because he is highly regarded here.

A nice guy with a lot of respect on the Islands. Hopefully he can get it together playing with his cousins, so he isn't lost to the sport.

Otherwise he may turn into another Dion Woods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a whole batch of new chevron gear by the way. A mate got it for me in Bali and I saved a shitload. I know the club won't care because they will recognise that its just business.

Good luck wearing that more than once without all the printing falling off.

remember him holding up my dream team a couple of years back.
since then nothing...
rather brad dick, he's worth a shot

It's a salt & vinegar observation.

On Wonna - it's a no from me.

Nice work Moo. :thumbsu:

Its a no from me too. I think its best for everybody that I avoid adding any further comments because I'm in a really bad mood today.

The gear lasted through the wash, but I didn't dare risk leaving it out on the line for too long. Not that it matters because I probably won't wear it anyway.

I didn't think straight jackets were designed so that you could yourself out Nickos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Austin W

Remove this Banner Ad

Back