Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If they'd started super small, realising they needed to build trust along with building an audience, they possibly could've re-birthed into a promotion that ran 3-4 shows a year.

I don't know how the **** they got Werribee Indoor Sports given their reputation, but I don't know who they think is going to go. The hardcores that you were appealing to for a niche like deathmatch are the most pissed off about how everything went down previously.

In addition to that, such as DMDU has any presence left whatsoever - that presence is in Preston at the Tallboy & Moose. WTF are they running Werribee?
I just thought their shows were long and boring really. I mean freedoms which has 1000000000x better workers like takeda jack and kasai shows only go 1hr 30 at shin kiba and 2 hrs and change at korakuen

Red flags don't matter to a promotion that books and promotes Jayson Krash.
There was allegations of wrestler who recently came back to Renegades after big absence from the scene for allegations. And one of owners of PWA has stuff going on. The promotions you support ignore red flags too…

There was allegations of wrestler who recently came back to Renegades after big absence from the scene for allegations. And one of owners of PWA has stuff going on. The promotions you support ignore red flags too…
Really?
As someone who is pretty heavily involved in who does and doesn’t get used, I can categorically say we haven’t knowingly “ignored red flags”.
After speak out, lessons were definitely learned and systems put in place.
Is it possible there’s allegations about someone we use that hasn’t been brought to our attention?
Sure I guess?
But we aren’t psychic either.
We welcome anyone who has genuine concerns about anyone who works for our promotion, be it management, performer or staff- to reach out.

Really?
As someone who is pretty heavily involved in who does and doesn’t get used, I can categorically say we haven’t knowingly “ignored red flags”.
Is it possible there’s allegations about someone we use that hasn’t been brought to our attention?
Sure I guess?
We welcome anyone who has genuine concerns about anyone who works for our promotion, be it management, performer or staff- to reach out.
Agreed to all of this.

Please reach out if you have concerns.

Really?
Sure I guess?

You would already know this but I'd suggest DMN is talking about Gino Gambino who has been accused of paedophiliac behaviour for a long time now. I first heard about this around 2007 - 2008 where it was alleged that Gambino was sending sexual photos of himself to a 14 year old girl who would watch him wrestle in Queensland, this minor told a lot of fans and wrestlers in Queensland about this and it went around at the time that he was actively trying to groom her. This is all alleged and who knows if it is actually true but it certainly was a story going around which both you and Rhi have been around long enough to know about. There was then the Aussie Botchamania videos where from memory Gambino made jokes about him being into young girls , these videos were posted by Mikey Jay and conveniently disappeared forever around the time Gambino started working with New Japan.

You also work with PWA each time you go to Sydney despite it being factual that the owner of PWA has a drinking problem, drives whilst drunk and nearly rear ended a cop car. It is also alleged that Bonza has sexually harassed students/wrestlers from his wrestling school and even tried to cheat on his partner/wife with students from the wrestling school.

So at the very least if we want to deal in complete fact and remove all the alleged out of it ROW books a guy who thought paedophilia was funny and spoke publicly on camera about being into young girls, the owner of ROW found these jokes funny enough to edit them, upload them publicly and leave them online for years before removing them so his friend wouldn't get cancelled and they as a business are okay with working with a man who has been accused of sexually harassing students from his wrestling school, cheating on his wife and put lives at risk less than 12 months ago when he almost smashed into a cop car.

No shade but yeah, you and Rhi definitely not in the position to play the "holier than thou" card. Most feds aren't

When it comes to PWA the fans and even people within the business will find a way to forgive, forget and move on simply because they mark for PWA.

Todd Eastman and his co-host Lachlan are a great example of this, if another person/promotion farts in the wrong place they take to Twitter and the podcast to bury said person/promotion. Bonza drinks and drives, could've killed someone, almost smashes into a police car, what did they have to say? Nothing. Why? Because they're humungous marks for PWA and being fanboys trumps any kind of allegation or crime committed.

Bonza drinks and drives, could've killed someone, almost smashes into a police car, what did they have to say? Nothing. Why? Because they're humungous marks for PWA and being fanboys trumps any kind of allegation or crime committed.

You're awfully angry about something that could have happened, but ultimately didn't.

I’m not going to debate with someone who’s throwing around some extremely heavy accusations whilst remaining anonymous on an internet message board.
I will say the word “allegation” is what’s in play pretty strongly here and a big assumption things haven’t been investigated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back