Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I really rate him and hope he continues to do great but you yourself would know that BJW is firmly an independent promotion that doesn't really compare to globally recognised brands such as AEW, NJPW, NOAH, WWE etc.

All Japan I think for the most part is a legacy brand now. Kistan could probably tell us more but I don't really consider them a big deal so much in 2024, 25-30 years ago though is a completely different story.

Xena trained with PWA and wrestled with them and their affiliates for the first 3 years of her career. She worked 10 Black Label shows, not one. She also wrestled at MCW 5 times, not just once. After she left, apart from one off appearances in Newcastle, Perth and Sydney her Australian resume boasts 10 FWA matches (Which is a relationship she got from being PWA affiliated). If she isn't a PWA wrestler what would you associate her as? An FWA wrestler?

My point is that all the best talent aren't in those 5 promotions. Do you genuinely think that none of Australia's best wrestlers wrestle outside of those 5 promotions? What about when one of the big 5 recruit from elsewhere?

This is a good example of my above point, you really rate Eugenie, Eugenie has predominantly wrestled for All Star out of Sydney (Who MCW got Erika Reid Vs Eugenie from) and IPW out of the Gold Coast. She has now been recognised by the "bigger" promotions. Was Eugenie always a star or did she only become one when MCW and PWA booked her?

You know, if you're going to re-write/reinterpret what people have written to suit your own asinine argument you're just going to go back on block. It's insincere, it's akin to lying.

All Japan is the biggest gainer of the last 2 years. They pretty much sell out Korakuen 95% of shows now. Best young stars + 2 of their top guys have a regional travel program in the Sendai region and that's pushed them to number 3 behind Stardom and Njpw. They've developed 6 people at once and all come up together. Really changed the game for them.

Bjw still gets sponsors and funding (I sponsor one of the part time guys there) but I've been to shows that have drawn 50 people this year. That's said if I had to pick somewhere to learn it would be BJW. Zeke is very lucky he gets endless reps there with Nomura, Abe and co.

BJW are also one of the few companies left that still do long tours, so he gets more bang for his buck

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

All Japan is the biggest gainer of the last 2 years. They pretty much sell out Korakuen 95% of shows now. Best young stars + 2 of their top guys have a regional travel program in the Sendai region and that's pushed them to number 3 behind Stardom and Njpw. They've developed 6 people at once and all come up together. Really changed the game for them.

Bjw still gets sponsors and funding (I sponsor one of the part time guys there) but I've been to shows that have drawn 50 people this year. That's said if I had to pick somewhere to learn it would be BJW. Zeke is very lucky he gets endless reps there with Nomura, Abe and co.

I wasn't aware of the rise of AJPW so going off what you're saying I'd count them as major also I guess, they definitely weren't major when Slade Mercer wrestled there though.

You know, if you're going to re-write/reinterpret what people have written to suit your own asinine argument you're just going to go back on block. It's insincere, it's akin to lying.

Misinterpretation happens sometimes, my point is simply there are wrestlers outside of the top 5 promotions deserving of big overseas opportunities. Sure, the "bigger promotions" should have it happen more frequently but we as a group can't come up with anyone outside of those 5 promotions who has got one ever, I'm sure there's someone but not in the past 10-15 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back