Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, I don’t know if it’s just luck of the draw, but man I feel engaged at PWA shows.

Last show in June I had Ugg nearly knock me off me chair entering from the front, and I had Jess land in my lap in the front row.

Tonight I was right where Jess meteora’d South through the chair, and Fudge friggen thumped me on the shoulder as he was making his way to the ring.

Jess is so adorable - she sets up Ricky, then so politely says, hey guys, I think some of you should move please! Then she apologised to the crowd member whose chair she broke and asked a staff member to get her another one. (My fat ass may well be blocking cameras during the meteora spot, which was ironic when there was a camera in my way for 75% of the show.)

Well yeah, if they want to go in the direction of a woman finally making it to the top it seems a bit counterproductive to have a comedy character male wrestler help her do it...or any male for that matter

But again, what is the general perception? For Sydney wrestling PWA is without a doubt the product with most eyes on it and now the face of the company is a woman that most average punters would fancy themselves against in a fight (Whether true or not)

Kistan you clearly follow the product much more than I do, why are the crowds dwindling? Didn't PWA used to easily draw 300-400 or was that just smoke and mirrors?
They sure did. They have a balcony and way more standing room at liberty hall.

I theorise a lot about what crushed them. Since they were selling out the factory theatre as well.

Losing wahlberg wasnt the issue since they still sold out after that.

I think 2 things were the factor.

1. Souths big face win and then them burying him like mad. Lost in a 3 way. No contest with deems when he cried over putting bel pierce off the ring apron through a table. Being completely naive the sms group were scamming him. 0 defences. Etc... they botched it up so they turned him and he had shoot promos with moretti and you imagine how painful they were. If you havent seen it the one n2 of Colosseum in Melbourne is hilarious for how much the crowd was disinterested. You can't spend so long getting behind someone then just do zero with them.

2. Boring stupid stuff. A non sanctioned match ending in a no contest. You got it. Luchi winning a cage match against rogers. Boom. The same show? You betcha. You have to book your babyfaces strong or you lose the crowd. Look at any big run anywhere. Or look what mcw does. A heel show here and there then blam babyface superhero slex and delta vanquish the bad guys and save the day. The biggest drop off of attendance was from the university of falling off a ladder to the moretti luchi first blood match 3 weeks later which they drew 100ish for.

The shazza vs the nations feud. Whatever storyline existed only was in their heads and everyone had to sit through boring gibberish.

It's just one person saying I'll skip the next one. Or that was dumb I won't come next time. Something mcw has managed to avoid very well.

Robbie eagles is very smart to stay out of any storylines since he knows they are toxic.

I have been to a good 80% of shows in the past 3 years so seen the decline. Also seen mcw make delta jarvis emman brooks slex parea rocky and get them over to the point any combination will draw.

I'm going to say one thing. Maybe tomorrow will do better? Night 1 last year didnt draw great but night 2 almost sold out. That said sat is a better night than sun? Zsj was on the show? Shrugs. Guess we will see tomorrow

MCW's show last week went up on FiteTV last night at 7:30. Would be cool to see which show had more viewers between MCW and PWA last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what, looking at the final four I wouldn't be shocked if they ran a VeloCities final (because when else would you put them against each other?)

Really good show. Kept it simple. The 2 zsj matches were the best things. He's levels above. Could debate either way which was better. Everything else was good as well.

Very disappointing crowd you would have to imagine. Less than 150 out for the main. Could have completely dropped the 6 way.

Weird night. I thought the Kiedis/Osborne stuff and the unannounced Backpain stuff made it feel long.

2 incredible matches, but I didn’t think the show was as good as last night, and much as Diego puts over Colosseum coming home and how amazing it is in Liberty Hall… last year at Thornbury was a better atmosphere. I’d love to know how the sums work out having it in Melbourne.

Weird night. I thought the Kiedis/Osborne stuff and the unannounced Backpain stuff made it feel long.

2 incredible matches, but I didn’t think the show was as good as last night, and much as Diego puts over Colosseum coming home and how amazing it is in Liberty Hall… last year at Thornbury was a better atmosphere. I’d love to know how the sums work out having it in Melbourne.
Liked tonight more than last night. Less pwa isms. London vs zsj and paris vs zsj were the best matches overall.

Liked tonight more than last night. Less pwa isms. London vs zsj and paris vs zsj were the best matches overall.

I thought of you with the Backpain stuff - an unannounced last man standing match 20 hours after their break up was strange and very PWAish. But it makes sense if Pain is retiring, and apparently they set it up at the meet & greet today.

For those who’ve seen Colosseum and Fight to Survive, what’s been your favourite match?

I think I’ve seen 4 genuine Aust MOTYCs in the last 8 days:
  • Jarvis vs Delta
  • Ricky vs Jess
  • ZSJ vs Jude

And I throw ZSJ vs Paris on the list cos it was amazing, but I don’t think it was as good as the London match, ergo it’s probably not a contender. London vs Emman is worth another watch as well.

I thought of you with the Backpain stuff - an unannounced last man standing match 20 hours after their break up was strange and very PWAish. But it makes sense if Pain is retiring, and apparently they set it up at the meet & greet today.

For those who’ve seen Colosseum and Fight to Survive, what’s been your favourite match?

I think I’ve seen 4 genuine Aust MOTYCs in the last 8 days:
  • Jarvis vs Delta
  • Ricky vs Jess
  • ZSJ vs Jude

And I throw ZSJ vs Paris on the list cos it was amazing, but I don’t think it was as good as the London match, ergo it’s probably not a contender. London vs Emman is worth another watch as well.
Man you have very different standards.

South vs troy was nowhere near a motyc. The entire first half was completely heatless. Most things on both shows were heartless actually. Really weird crowd. Could hear every smart ass comment at points.

They must have lost their ass on these shows. Around 175 and 140 is pretty rough. But they reap what they sowed. People wanted to get behind ricky south and they did him dirty. Then they started making troy look like a loser and here we are. Its a matter of time before the pwa her into the abyss

I'd toss up between delta and jarvis and london and sabre jr as best match.

I think mitch vs buddy was the best match I've seen in au this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back