B Section B Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I warned them a few months ago about the state of affairs at the Dogs and if they didnt appoint a high profile coach what the ramifications would be. Potter signed with Keilor on friday and Tate is also on the move . This arrogant attittude that we have that we are the best club in our area and players will never leave us must change because the facts state that over the last few seasons we simply are not . Committee from the top down get your heads out of the sand because if you dont we wont be seeing A section for some time .

Firstly does the name Simon Madden ring a bell? He was a high profile coach and look where the club ended up....in B section.

Secondly, Potter hasnt signed anywhere, he has received offers from clubs and hasnt made a decision yet. My source: Potter himself. Pearson received a Uni offer in QLD and is not leaving due to anything else.

Get your facts right before you come on here writing absolute garbage. You muppet.

Firstly does the name Simon Madden ring a bell? He was a high profile coach and look where the club ended up....in B section.

Secondly, Potter hasnt signed anywhere, he has received offers from clubs and hasnt made a decision yet. My source: Potter himself. Pearson received a Uni offer in QLD and is not leaving due to anything else.

Get your facts right before you come on here writing absolute garbage. You muppet.
We will see with time who the muppet is when he finally announces that he is in fact playing with Keilor . I will retract the post and appologise if in fact it is not true , will you ? But then again no one ever leaves the pit , why would they want too ? I just hope the new highly regarded coaching staff are out there sourcing 100 + goals as we speak .
The new coaching staff last six starts ,
Yarraville in the WRFL relegated to b grade
East Keilor in the EDFL relegated to b grade
Strathmore in the EDFL avoided b grade by % only
Replaced [if you want to call it that] at Parkside in the WRFL
and i nearly forgot Moonee Valley in the EDFL relegated to b grade and a less than memorable stint at Abers in the EDFL also just missing out on going to b grade . Oh yes the powers to be conducted an exhaustive search , left no stone un turned and did their home work to appoint these two .Why would anyone ever want to leave ?

We will see with time who the muppet is when he finally announces that he is in fact playing with Keilor . I will retract the post and appologise if in fact it is not true , will you ? But then again no one ever leaves the pit , why would they want too ? I just hope the new highly regarded coaching staff are out there sourcing 100 + goals as we speak .
and i nearly forgot Moonee Valley in the EDFL relegated to b grade and a less than memorable stint at Abers in the EDFL also just missing out on going to b grade . Oh yes the powers to be conducted an exhaustive search , left no stone un turned and did their home work to appoint these two .Why would anyone ever want to leave ?

Handles, your argument has merit. However, it would be remis not to mention the 5 premierships, just as many if not more runners up & the numerous other finals appearances achieved. I'm no officianado on the EDFL/WRFL but a number of the clubs above weren't travelling all that flash before they got there, and have fared not much better since they left. Not arguing for or against, just adding some balance.

Oh yes the powers to be conducted an exhaustive search , left no stone un turned and did their home work to appoint these two .Why would anyone ever want to leave ?
Handles, were you part of the process? Did you apply for the job or did you take part in the interview process? You seem very disenfranchised by all that has happened at the Pit.
There is no doubt that the doggies relied on Rupertswood and St Kevin's College for their strength over the years, perhaps it's just a sign of the times that there are other clubs out there that are stronger than yours?
Enjoy B Section and give the new guys a chance, it could be worse, you could be in C Section.

Handles, your argument has merit. However, it would be remis not to mention the 5 premierships, just as many if not more runners up & the numerous other finals appearances achieved. I'm no officianado on the EDFL/WRFL but a number of the clubs above weren't travelling all that flash before they got there, and have fared not much better since they left. Not arguing for or against, just adding some balance.
Art the premierships and finals appearances you are eluding too were back in the late eighties early nineties , next season is 2009 . You do the math .

Handles, were you part of the process? Did you apply for the job or did you take part in the interview process? You seem very disenfranchised by all that has happened at the Pit.
There is no doubt that the doggies relied on Rupertswood and St Kevin's College for their strength over the years, perhaps it's just a sign of the times that there are other clubs out there that are stronger than yours?
Enjoy B Section and give the new guys a chance, it could be worse, you could be in C Section.
Not disenfranchised Brain just confused . On a side note did Skobs end up signing the boys from Avondale Heights because i have heard conflicting reports that they are all playing together at Tatura . That leads me on to another point being that the Trewins are in fact ex Bernard players you would think if they were going to come back into the VAFA they would entertain the notion of coming back to the pit if everything was fine and dandy.

Good to see you have done your research Handles.
Hope to God that the dogs dont end up in section C next year with the new coaching staff...because if recent history shows...these coaches are just a "Relegation Omen".

Plus...how are they better than Madden: the dogs reserves finished minor premiers and couldnt even reach the gf?

i THOUGHT YOU WERN'T POSTING ON HERE BRIAN

Geez what a difference a month makes - first time I check this forum and I find there is 53 B section threads. What gives?
Old boy and ex-Ajax coach Stuart Powell is the SKOB senior coach for 09 - well done Powelly. Some murmurings of a couple of big player returns as well. Could Steve Powell pull on a jumper in 09??
What about the strathmore players the sacked coach got to come over with him.They will leave a big hole if they leave with him .........

What about the strathmore players the sacked coach got to come over with him.They will leave a big hole if they leave with him .........
All 2 of them? Massive hole there potentially, as far as Mick goes, I'm not sure he was sacked, he just wasn't reappointed. Good luck to him in the future, a fine fellow from a great St Kevin's family.

Handles, can you confirm that two of the potential candidates interviewed in this exhaustive search by the Snowdogs have since been appointed to head coaching positions at TAC Cup Level in Tapping (Sandringham Dragons) and Martin Allison (Calder Cannons)?

Wouldn't a coach of this calibre be ideal for the young and developing list at Bernards?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Handles, can you confirm that two of the potential candidates interviewed in this exhaustive search by the Snowdogs have since been appointed to head coaching positions at TAC Cup Level in Tapping (Sandringham Dragons) and Martin Allison (Calder Cannons)?

Wouldn't a coach of this calibre be ideal for the young and developing list at Bernards?
Is that the same Martin Allison who has been an assistant at SKOB the last two years to Beeza?

Are you saying that Shane and Rocky were third in line for the coaching position or do i think that there are better applicants out there, my answer is yes to both .To me it appears the very astute hierarchy appoint coaches on the basis of who they are comfortable with socially .

Are you saying that Shane and Rocky were third in line for the coaching position or do i think that there are better applicants out there, my answer is yes to both .To me it appears the very astute hierarchy appoint coaches on the basis of who they are comfortable with socially .

Best the devil you know Handles.

I think the committee has made a fantastic choice and bad luck to those who ran 2nd & 3rd...actually didn't know there were actual placings attached to coaching appointments. Perhaps we can have a trifecta on them.

End of the day the appointted have annointted and now everyone needs to get behind the committee and coaches and move forward, including yourself handlemiester.

Originally Posted by dannydickfos99

There is another way of looking at it. St Bernard's may have been being used as a fallback in the event of the above 2 gentlemen being unsuccessful at S'ham & Calder. They may have been offered the St B's gig but asked for more time to get an answer from elsewhere, which St B's weren't prepared to do. Bird in the hand worth 2 in the bush theory I guess !!

Originally Posted by dannydickfos99

There is another way of looking at it. St Bernard's may have been being used as a fallback in the event of the above 2 gentlemen being unsuccessful at S'ham & Calder. They may have been offered the St B's gig but asked for more time to get an answer from elsewhere, which St B's weren't prepared to do. Bird in the hand worth 2 in the bush theory I guess !!

Incorrect Art Van der lay - Sandy job only came up last week with Luke Beveridge taking on a roll at Collingwood and David Flood only got his gig at Hawthorn in the last couple of days - hence the Cannons position being open.

In the case of Allison - his referees in Hyde and co weren't even called.

Those two jobs weren't even available at the time of the Bernard's interviews

Incorrect Art Van der lay - Sandy job only came up last week with Luke Beveridge taking on a roll at Collingwood and David Flood only got his gig at Hawthorn in the last couple of days - hence the Cannons position being open.

In the case of Allison - his referees in Hyde and co weren't even called.

Those two jobs weren't even available at the time of the Bernard's interviews

Fair call DD. Was only speculating as this practise is common in coaching movements. St B's have made their choice, lets let them get on with it. Only time will tell. My guess is that they'll be OK if they retain a majority of their good players, as is the case with a lot of clubs/coaches.

...while we are at it, why dont we bring up some other rumours that have been touted in 06, 07 and 08
- danny byrne is coming back
- tim harvey is a certainty
- luke gollant may pull on the boots again

well put vafa06

Tim Harvey is no certainty, ask keilor and greenvale

Be very suprised if they left Termi - one is a dvc and runs the website. the other is our best back and has been given more time by skob than strathmore ever did. both are champion blokes and great players, i am sure everyone at skob will be doing their best to keep them both in the green gold & blue.

Be very suprised if they left Termi - one is a dvc and runs the website. the other is our best back and has been given more time by skob than strathmore ever did. both are champion blokes and great players, i am sure everyone at skob will be doing their best to keep them both in the green gold & blue.
Is that what the colour scheme is , who would have guessed ? Can you tell me Toto if the Aussie artist Ken Done who paints using a ghastly array of sickenning bright colours ever went to Skobs or was he ever commissioned to design your strip ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back