B Section B Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly you take class A drugs......Sam is the most important player at SKOB bar no one. Look at the against column on the ladder and you'll might get a clue champ. Have enjoyed the banter this week though boys. SKOB vs Bloods was a cracker last year (lucky enough to see the second half).

A side has more than one defender man in outer - going by the stats the St Kevin's defence has been terrific collectively.

Sometimes your only as good as your teammates allow you to be.

A side has more than one defender man in outer - going by the stats the St Kevin's defence has been terrific collectively.

Fair call.... still think Bishop is a terrific footballer and front runner is well wide of the mark. Many tests coming up as the opening 4 games for SKOB have been quite friendly. Time will tell I guess

Fair call.... still think Bishop is a terrific footballer and front runner is well wide of the mark. Many tests coming up as the opening 4 games for SKOB have been quite friendly. Time will tell I guess

Im not so sure about this skob have had some good wins. Played carey round one who were at full strength and touted to be a real contender this year, beat uni blacks(who are also top four contenders) at the uni which is never easy. Admittedly fell over the line in a very average performance agaisnt hampton, and then had a solid win over ormond who were the suppossed "form team in the comp" at the gunn which is also known to be one of the toughest grounds to win at in the ammos.

Obviously skob still have a couple of big challenges in the next few weeks and it will definitely shape there season with how they go in these games, but as been said before there is no easy games to win in this comp and i think for skob to be 4-0 is still a pretty good effort

Im not so sure about this skob have had some good wins. Played carey round one who were at full strength and touted to be a real contender this year, beat uni blacks(who are also top four contenders) at the uni which is never easy. Admittedly fell over the line in a very average performance agaisnt hampton, and then had a solid win over ormond who were the suppossed "form team in the comp" at the gunn which is also known to be one of the toughest grounds to win at in the ammos.

Obviously skob still have a couple of big challenges in the next few weeks and it will definitely shape there season with how they go in these games, but as been said before there is no easy games to win in this comp and i think for skob to be 4-0 is still a pretty good effort

It has been a very storng start from the skobbers who have built momentum and enjoy the underdog and under the radar status. The significant additions to the coaching panel (powell, Rizio and Stoneham) have all added significant value.

The fact is, however, that Carey and Hampton have won 1.5 games out of 8, so they could hardly be classified as tough opponents. Blacks have lost both at home and fallen in against Hampton in round one and , agree the Ormond win was a good one.

With a relative clean bill of health injury wise, it has been a dream start for the skobbers . These four wins will be gold in a comp that could see 12 wins get a double chance.
Bernards and Om's will present tougher assignaments.

Yes they did and Carey was leading by 30 odd until they were reduced to 17 half way through the third and 16 half way through the last

I've had enough of reading about St. Kevins, onto this rounds tips:

Camberwell to defeat Hampton
St. Bernards to defeat OM's
Trinity to defeat Carey
St. Kevins to defeat Very Very Old Haileybury
Blacks to defeat Ormond

Good luck to all this weekend.

Trinity to defeat Carey
Blacks to defeat Ormond

OC to march on to three in a row

Om's easily

Trinity just have to win...and will

Skob by plenty( dowd and simpson BOG!!)-hopefully Briza will be happy

Blacks- won't lose two in a row at home

Trinity to defeat Carey
Blacks to defeat Ormond

Yeah right, makes one wish for the good old days when this thread was full of banter just from snowies and bombers ;)
But I agree with the tips

Old Camberwell v Hampton
St. Bernards v OM's
Trinity v Old Carey
St. Kevins v Old Haileybury
Uni Blacks v Ormond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old Camberwell v Hampton
St. Bernards v OM's
Trinity v Old Carey
Uni Blacks v Ormond

my lock of the week is OH to beat SKOB's at home. Simpson v Harvey will be a dream matchup. I still think the comp is very very even, Bernards/Om's should be a belter as will blacks v ormond.

Dont mind all the talk about SKOB's, they are undefeated in both 1s/2's this year, i dont think they have started this well in at least 5 or 6 years.

Was nothing wrong with Bernards/OEG banter last year...it was a long time coming. Am very suprised to see them winless thus far in a grade as i genuinely thought they would be very competetive, again time will tell.

my tips- need to catch the leaders who are 3 in front from memory

Old Camberwellv Hampton- hampton to score an upset, just. Good young team who will only improve.

St. Bernards v OM's- Could be a draw... Liberatore just getting the job done week in week out. Can the timebbomb light it up again?

Trinity v Old Carey- A huge game for trinity, i think they are better than their ladder position suggests. Take away the horrendous 1'st quarters and they could be 3-1.

St. Kevinsv Old Haileybury- Match of the round. Harvey v Simpson, Plugger Lynch v Stewie Loewe... Hacksaw tim duggan vs the whole hailibury forward line... OH by a goal after the siren.

Uni Blacks v Ormond- hardest one to pick this week, ive changed my mind about 4 times already. Ormond in a close/wet/scrappy contest which they will love. GR- If martinov kicks 4 or more at uni oval in the wet i will declare him the best forward in b grade.

Good luck to all.

ML

my lock of the week is OH to beat SKOB's at home. Simpson v Harvey will be a dream matchup. I still think the comp is very very even, Bernards/Om's should be a belter as will blacks v ormond.

Dont mind all the talk about SKOB's, they are undefeated in both 1s/2's this year, i dont think they have started this well in at least 5 or 6 years.

Was nothing wrong with Bernards/OEG banter last year...it was a long time coming. Am very suprised to see them winless thus far in a grade as i genuinely thought they would be very competetive, again time will tell.

Old Camberwellv Hampton- hampton to score an upset, just. Good young team who will only improve.

St. Bernards v OM's- Could be a draw... Liberatore just getting the job done week in week out. Can the timebbomb light it up again?

Trinity v Old Carey- A huge game for trinity, i think they are better than their ladder position suggests. Take away the horrendous 1'st quarters and they could be 3-1.

St. Kevinsv Old Haileybury- Match of the round. Harvey v Simpson, Plugger Lynch v Stewie Loewe... Hacksaw tim duggan vs the whole hailibury forward line... OH by a goal after the siren.

Uni Blacks v Ormond- hardest one to pick this week, ive changed my mind about 4 times already. Ormond in a close/wet/scrappy contest which they will love. GR- If martinov kicks 4 or more at uni oval in the wet i will declare him the best forward in b grade.

Good luck to all.

ML
Murph, actually enjoyed the banter last year, but some of the references to obscure nightclubs off Puckle St, where you have to fight your way in and definitely gotta fight your to get out got a bit tiresome

Camberwell v Hampton - home ground advantage...
St. Bernards v OM's - The lightning bolt that is the Baby Bernies to strike again
Trinity v Carey - surely not the relegation teams??...are they?
St. Kevins v Old Haileybury - Have a feeling
Blacks v Ormond - never played against them, never seen them but still dont rate Blacks

And MLaw...your a d*ckhead...actually no...whats worse than a d*ckhead?...you are surprised to see Old East keilor winless?...the mentally inept knobs are exactly where i predicted them to be...in fact i cant see them winning a game in the next 3 years.

over and out...

Good luck to all.

ML
Ham
Stb
OC
Stk
ORm

Camberwell v Hampton - home ground advantage...
St. Bernards v OM's - The lightning bolt that is the Baby Bernies to strike again
Trinity v Carey - surely not the relegation teams??...are they?
St. Kevins v Old Haileybury - Have a feeling
Blacks v Ormond - never played against them, never seen them but still dont rate Blacks

And MLaw...your a d*ckhead...actually no...whats worse than a d*ckhead?...you are surprised to see Old East keilor winless?...the mentally inept knobs are exactly where i predicted them to be...in fact i cant see them winning a game in the next 3 years.

over and out...

scathing there griff

all i can say is that watching them play against us 3 times last year, they pretty much pantsed us all three times with the only contest, the game played at the pit where we were in it up until 3qtr time....
Can only go on that and they were a very well drilled unit.... opinions are like ar5eholes, everyones got one.

Anyway, we will worry about mr pineapple and his buddies next year (?)

Im keen to hear from OH people... how do they rate their chances. Dowd out injured... improves there chances bigtime.

ML

scathing there griff

all i can say is that watching them play against us 3 times last year, they pretty much pantsed us all three times with the only contest, the game played at the pit where we were in it up until 3qtr time....
Can only go on that and they were a very well drilled unit.... opinions are like ar5eholes, everyones got one.

Anyway, we will worry about mr pineapple and his buddies next year (?)

Im keen to hear from OH people... how do they rate their chances. Dowd out injured... improves there chances bigtime.

ML

Don't know where you are getting your Dowd mail as he trained pretty well last night.
You won't hear anything from OH as they are on a media ban requested by the Cockroach.
How many Bernie players are hitting the Europe beaches in the coming weeks? Early wins are a must for them.
Will Big Beaumont play this week out at the Pit?

Tips
Old Camberwell v Hampton
St. Bernards v OM's
Trinity v Old Carey
Uni Blacks v Ormond

Last word on this nonsense: State selectors were obviously keenly listening to this debate!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back