B Section - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow the Sharks did a job on OB!

Oakleigh haven't changed one bit. It is a real shame a few of their players don't focus more on the footy, because they have some real talent. Oh well.

I'm sure one coaching panel will be 'spanking' themselves tonight.

If you want to 'express' yourself at the selection table which could effect team balance on Saturday then perhaps the panel is not being so disciplined themselves.

All you end up with is egg on ya face if the opposition come out and 'spank' ya.

May need to lighten up a bit especially so early in the season before the whole thing is derailed.

CC

UM

Its probably the only thing we will agree upon this week. :D

On Marcellin.

It was a throw back to the eighties, with half the club wearing moonboots.
There is definitely a need for calcium injections to stop all the broken bones.

They had us in trouble, but due to an issue with the timekeepers, where the 2nd quarter went 45 minutes (give or take), we were able to steady.

The Story of O (pr0n reference) then was able to take over.

And it was good to have the skipper back for his 1st game.

Max on Sunday and probably tomorrow

Maybe you guys need a tipping thread, this is just plain boring BF at its worst.

What of the weekends results? St Bernards heading for C Grade along with Marcellin with a bullet?
Oakleigh beat up on Caulfield, did they find a weakness in their loss?

Uni Blacks crunched my second favorite team Hampton, can the Hampton lads please give us some sort of match report?
Old Brighton, what had happened to them, just lost a lot of older guys who were pillars of strength or is their truth to the rumours of displeasure?

Are Beauy a serious contender? Old Ivanhoe, well The Big O is on fire!!!

Maybe you guys need a tipping thread, this is just plain boring BF at its worst.

What of the weekends results? St Bernards heading for C Grade along with Marcellin with a bullet?

Uni Blacks crunched my second favorite team Hampton, can the Hampton lads please give us some sort of match report?
Old Brighton, what had happened to them, just lost a lot of older guys who were pillars of strength or is their truth to the rumours of displeasure?

Are Beauy a serious contender? Old Ivanhoe, well The Big O is on fire!!!

Right on "Darryl and Ozzie"

:D

So insightful Maxxy, Maybe you should have our mate Willo post somehting during your coffee break this arvo!!!

What a cracker of a day it was for footy, I have never seen so much zinc cream running around the day before May.

Uni Blacks looked the goods, HR competed hard but just didnt have the firepower up forward. Uni big, strong bodies, will be around the mark this year.

Murph, is it question time at the pit? Having 10 goals kicked on you in the last must have hurt, Merrington looks great but do you think the recruiting model there is wrong?
A huge game out at Oakleigh this week, must win for both clubs.

quote]

I don't think Oakleigh beat up on Caulfield, I would have thought they play that physical agressive football every week. That's Oakleigh! 95% of them do so fairly, it is the 5% that resort to crap. Despite starting 0-3 they showed enough to suggest a win isn't that far away. Their direct rebound play through the corridor was very brave and effective. Their midfield was their standout strength, if you stop Lucas & Cleary then they struggle to kick enough goals.

Bernies and the Eagles look to be struggling more than most. I would have thought the Snow Dogs would have recovered by now, so it doesn't look good. One of them look likely to join Hampton in the drop.

All the other teams on 2 or 3 wins are finals contenders. I would be intrigued to know what is wrong at the Beach Oval. Not the start they would have hoped for!

Bernies front runners, went to water when the pressure was applied. Alot of cheap talk early, backed up by not much. They'll win a few if their 'guns' play, but didn't see any of them yesterday. Should survive the drop.

Merrington did not look like he wanted to be out there... didnt' give a yelp all game, and his only goal was in junk time.

Beaumaris were great on Saturday, they play hard slick footy. Buckley stood tall against his old mob - brighton looking very old and tired. On Satdees form OB could find themselves battling relegation.

What of Ivanhoe and Caulfield? Three and zip, but haven't really been tested. Same with SKOB and Uni. Big game this week will give us a better indication on the latter two teams, but we won't know about CG and OI for at least another week.

Any big injury news from around the grounds? Looked like there were four shoulders at the Pit, hopefully none too serious.

Should be a tight tussle this year, like last, which we love!

So insightful Maxxy, Maybe you should have our mate Willo post somehting during your coffee break this arvo!!!

What a cracker of a day it was for footy, I have never seen so much zinc cream running around the day before May.

Uni Blacks looked the goods, HR competed hard but just didnt have the firepower up forward. Uni big, strong bodies, will be around the mark this year.

Murph, is it question time at the pit? Having 10 goals kicked on you in the last must have hurt, Merrington looks great but do you think the recruiting model there is wrong?
A huge game out at Oakleigh this week, must win for both clubs.

Not just yet Brian
I reckon we've probably played the top 3 teams first up
Caulfield were easily ahead of skob and blacks
still missing CHF, CHB, Ruck and RR.
Got completely smashed in the middle, dont know how plugger didn't get BOG, broken hand and all.

clearly im a glass half full man

Murph, half full is good! SKOB were missing a lot as you know, including Keogh and Chivers, any big in's this week? Will be there watching, lets catch up after and have a beer, Oakleighs beer is COLD!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So insightful Maxxy, Maybe you should have our mate Willo post somehting during your coffee break this arvo!!!]

He is lucky if I let him have a lunch break. :D

I agree, as a recent member of the folicly challenged, I definitely was looking for some PHF 60 on Saturday.

One thing Marcellin has going for them, is that they have some depth this year. But any team that has limited amount of ruckmen will struggle.

So far, we struggled against OB as we had two inexperienced ruckmen on the day. The next two games we had our 1st liners, plus a handy 3rd, and it appeared to give us some good 1st use of the ball.

Marcellin unfortunately didn't come out of the game unscathed, with another leg injury to their FB.

In open play their foot skills are excellent and they can cut most teams apart, but when they don't have the ball, their lack of sizes comes to the fore.

Max

BS, as you were there can you enlighten us from rumors out of Banksia that the OB coaching staff directed the team on being disrespectful during flag ceremony and to make things worse perhaps 1 or 2 maybe up on some striking reports? (may have to bring back the Cabernet Awards if this type of attitude continues). Perhaps there are being derailed at the Beach Oval, time will tell.

Prem B looks to have developed into a distinct 4-2-4 formation this year.

Large margins in game - top 4 v bottom 4.
The middle two sides to cause an upset or two each but also lose a game or two they should have won.

Surprised if there is any movement outside this formation at end of home and away.

So insightful Maxxy, Maybe you should have our mate Willo post somehting during your coffee break this arvo!!!]

He is lucky if I let him have a lunch break. :D

I agree, as a recent member of the folicly challenged, I definitely was looking for some PHF 60 on Saturday.

One thing Marcellin has going for them, is that they have some depth this year. But any team that has limited amount of ruckmen will struggle.

So far, we struggled against OB as we had two inexperienced ruckmen on the day. The next two games we had our 1st liners, plus a handy 3rd, and it appeared to give us some good 1st use of the ball.

Marcellin unfortunately didn't come out of the game unscathed, with another leg injury to their FB.

In open play their foot skills are excellent and they can cut most teams apart, but when they don't have the ball, their lack of sizes comes to the fore.

Max

Maxy, I heard the big O is in a spot of bother.

BS, as you were there can you enlighten us from rumors out of Banksia that the OB coaching staff directed the team on being disrespectful during flag ceremony and to make things worse perhaps 1 or 2 maybe up on some striking reports? (may have to bring back the Cabernet Awards if this type of attitude continues). Perhaps there are being derailed at the Beach Oval, time will tell.
Carl, only saw the second half, Beauy looked great and conversly OB were the worst I have seen them play in 23 years, a real shock.

Not just yet Brian
I reckon we've probably played the top 3 teams first up
Caulfield were easily ahead of skob and blacks
still missing CHF, CHB, Ruck and RR.
Got completely smashed in the middle, dont know how plugger didn't get BOG, broken hand and all.

clearly im a glass half full man

The best thing that happened to the Bernies on the weekend was that PEGS got smashed by 20 goals by Werribeeeee - Its not all bad:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back