B Section - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing that happened to the Bernies on the weekend was that PEGS got smashed by 20 goals by Werribeeeee - Its not all bad:thumbsu:

Old Keilor Park Grammar are irrelevant to us, they can lose by 40 goals for all that we care.

On St. Bernard's first three rounds form, the next month will tell alot about where the season will head. Games against Oakleigh, Marcelin, Hampton & Beaumaris are an opportunity to get the season back on track.

0-3 is hardly an ideal start though its hardly panic stations.

Reported players
Club(s)

Leigh Hendra
Old Brighton

Witnesses
Club(s)

Kelvin Barnes
Beaumaris

Umpire(s)

Tim Sutcliffe

Reported players
Club(s)

Leigh Hendra
Old Brighton

Witnesses
Club(s)

Kelvin Barnes
Beaumaris

Umpire(s)

Tim Sutcliffe

Pretty regulation uncontested marking attempt by Barnes in front of the Beauy interchange in the last quarter. A punch straight to the nose as the mark was being completed front on. I was under the pavillion but it didn't look good from there with no eyes on the ball or contest. OB looked very frustrated all day and every time they challenged the sharks lifted. The sharks were crisp and could be real challengers this year under the guidance of Mifsud.

Old Keilor Park Grammar are irrelevant to us, they can lose by 40 goals for all that we care.

On St. Bernard's first three rounds form, the next month will tell alot about where the season will head. Games against Oakleigh, Marcelin, Hampton & Beaumaris are an opportunity to get the season back on track.

0-3 is hardly an ideal start though its hardly panic stations.

Not panic stations but definitely cause for concern. 2 100+ point losses and a 10 goal loss.

Appears that even if the key players were available may still be 0-3.

Not the start the pre-season favourites were looking for. Hopefully they can turn the corner soon, get some players back and win some games.

My tips for Round 4:

Old Brighton V Caulfield - OB could only get better after last week, but not sure it will be enough.
Old Ivanhoe V Hampton - This could drop Hampton's percentage below 40!
Marcellin V Beaumaris - The Eagles will take it up to them early but the Sharks will be too strong across the distance.
Uni Blacks V St Kevins - Home ground advantage will be enough in the game of the round.
Oakleigh V St Bernards - Both haven't won, but the home side is looking far more competitive.

Not panic stations but definitely cause for concern. 2 100+ point losses and a 10 goal loss.

Appears that even if the key players were available may still be 0-3.

Not the start the pre-season favourites were looking for. Hopefully they can turn the corner soon, get some players back and win some games.
Surely Merrington and Byrne playing last week were two key ins? Every team has injuries, I note the Bernards reserves also lost, perhaps all of the off field back stabbing has taken it's toll around the club?
I think St Bernards are cooked, they think they have a God given right to be a dominant team, I'm tipping them and Marcellin will drop to not so Premier C.
I also think that Old Ivanhoe are a one man team, let's see how they go if that bloke who is kicking all of the goals misses a game or two.
In regards to us, Oakleigh were excellent last weekend, they play hard, close in footy, but we are like Collingwood this year, we have a few gears in reserve when need be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[I also think that Old Ivanhoe are a one man team, let's see how they go if that bloke who is kicking all of the goals misses a game or two.
.[/quote]

If thats the case, Blacks are also a one man team.

The ball needs to get to the forward line for any FF to do their work.

P&D. I recommend that you put 4 blokes on him, if you think he is our team.

Max Solo

ML - have you noticed that green icon just below your username? It represents veteran status. Surely someone with your experience isn't gullible enough to get sucked into this P&D garbage.

Max, I enjoy the banter, P and D is funny to read, he surely is not associated with Caulfield, I am thinking he is a Beauy poster for obvious reasons.
Mick, let it go son and post away!!!! Need the board up and running daily.
BTW, he actually makes a good point re Merro and Byrne.

Max, I enjoy the banter, P and D is funny to read, he surely is not associated with Caulfield, I am thinking he is a Beauy poster for obvious reasons.

Just a quick one, are the SKEV's boys looking to get on almost footy legends? The smaller they are, the higher they fly, esp in that forward line. Very entertaining.

Briza - agree that the P&Ds posts are somewhat refreshing to what can be a boring thread at times, however I don't think it's worth getting sucked into responding to it.

You got me. I got caught up in the hype.

My house is being repossessed tomorrow.

I also had $1,000 on Australia @ $1.01 to beat Bangladesh in 2005 and look where that got me.

Wombats live in burrows. Burrows average about 50 cm high by 50 cm wide, just enough width for the wombat and nothing else. This is because, if threatened, a wombat can present just its padded backside to a predator, and the predator has no way of grabbing hold of the wombat or penetrating its thickened hide.

b1103.gif

Sorry its late again. Real life intruding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back