Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith seems to be taking his time nominating Geelong as his preferred destination. Maybe his manager is concerned about their ability to conclude the transaction or has the AFL cottoned on to his contractual arrangements?
Don’t be shy Baz.
I’m not particularly sure that ‘shy’ is in his vocab.

I would suggest it’s all about maximising exposure for Bailey and as good as he reckons he is, not even he can outdo Grand Final week. Reckon we’ll get a nomination announcement next week when it’s all said and done and all eyes & media can be firmly on him.

so he's worse than all those players and you guys still think you'll get 2 FRPs for him? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

No shame in not being as good as Bont, Libba, Treloar and Dunkley at his age. He’ll be your best inside mid though. You can bleat about “two firsts” context free like a moron all you like, a couple of picks around 18-20 or a mid first round pick is a fair value for him, similar to Dunkley.

Shit I hate the media. He’s said nothing disrespectful and they go and drive by him like that. No wonder players come across as robots!

Look it's clumsily worded but I have no doubt that he would have been advised by PR people what to say. His intentions of saying he needs a change of scenery in order to try and get the best out of himself are fine but it's badly worded. Unfortunately players are told to lie and not admit they move for money etc so this is what you get.

No shame in not being as good as Bont, Libba, Treloar and Dunkley at his age. He’ll be your best inside mid though. You can bleat about “two firsts” context free like a moron all you like, a couple of picks around 18-20 or a mid first round pick is a fair value for him, similar to Dunkley.

I must have missed the memo about Dunkley not playing all year the year you traded him.

I’m not particularly sure that ‘shy’ is in his vocab.

I would suggest it’s all about maximising exposure for Bailey and as good as he reckons he is, not even he can outdo Grand Final week. Reckon we’ll get a nomination announcement next week when it’s all said and done and all eyes & media can be firmly on him.

That makes sense. No one ever really announces 2 days before a GF

Not sure I'm the moron when you're the one demanding 2 FRP's lmao

I think what’s pissed him off is that Richards and Gallagher have come in and done what he’s been wanting to do for years. Watching that from the sidelines would’ve been the final straw.

A lot of angst from whiny Dogs supporters is creeping into this thread. On one hand they label Bailey Smith a talentless w***er who only thinks about himself and on the other hand they demand top 10 picks for him and compare him to the Bont & Dunkley :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

I think what’s pissed him off is that Richards and Gallagher have come in and done what he’s been wanting to do for years. Watching that from the sidelines would’ve been the final straw.

It’d be back to a lot of half forward and wing for Bailey for a year or two with us. I don’t blame him for wanting to have a crack as a full-time mid. There’s no one standing in his way at the Cats.

A lot of angst from whiny Dogs supporters is creeping into this thread. On one hand they label Bailey Smith a talentless w***er who only thinks about himself and on the other hand they demand top 10 picks for him and compare him to the Bont & Dunkley :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

You legit need medication or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like you also missed the memo on what the word ‘similar’ means.

Similar would imply the injured player has the same trade value as the non injured player which isn't the case here.

It’d be back to a lot of half forward and wing for Bailey for a year or two with us. I don’t blame him for wanting to have a crack as a full-time mid. There’s no one standing in his way at the Cats.

Yep, good for him. It’s all about how we are compensated, I don’t think any Dogs supporters actually mind that he’s leaving.

You legit need medication or something.
Just observing some of the posts in this thread and you keep quoting me calling me a moron and that I need to be on medication? Leave me alone mate, you're obsessed with me

They've got their timeline completely out of whack.

They're supposed to be using the period before the trade to aggressively pump up Bailey's tyres as one of the greatest players of his generation....and only start calling him an untalented w***er hack AFTER the trade is done.

I'm confused by the Dogs fans that are shit talking Smith before he's even nominated a club, much less been traded, you're meant to talk him up until the trade has happened and then you brag about the overs you got for trading out a spud.
This has been building up for sometime most of us are just over Smith I wish we could trade him tomorrow

likewise Geelong fans in here super invested into a player they only rate as a late first rounder. Maybe everyone should post less if they plan to be taken seriously
They dont rate him as only a first rounder. They think a reasonable trade given the respective negotiating positions is a first rounder. They are two very different things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back