Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s not take the piss here. You’re basically forcing him out to capitalise on his highest value and make room for new recruits.
Houston is the best kicker in the comp. Why would a team want to move him on. Him in the side would have got port closer to a GF win. This is all a player wanting to move.

Essendon apparently have thrown their hat in the ring for Rocket Man....

Port have said ok if you give us Sam Draper and a steak knife pick...
Ok done

Essendon apparently have thrown their hat in the ring for Rocket Man....

Port have said ok if you give us Sam Draper and a steak knife pick...
I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are taking the piss here.

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are taking the piss here.
Too late, Essendon fans have hogtied Draper and put him on the plane. Please send Houston

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houston is the best kicker in the comp. Why would a team want to move him on. Him in the side would have got port closer to a GF win. This is all a player wanting to move.
I think that port see an opportunity to extract ridiculously high value on an asset they think they can easily replace. They already have his replacements earmarked in Logan Evans, Josh Sinn and potentially Lukosius. I’m not convinced that the club’s list management is shattered by Houston’s trade request. They get the chance to rebuild on the run so that they stay in contention during the Carr transition.

Sure he wants to move back to Vic but if he truly believed that Port were close to a flag, he would not be wanting out. Yes I know he improves most teams and that he was recently AA. But I just can’t see how that justifies giving port 2 quality firsts straight up for a half back flanker. There’s just no precedent for it. We’d need something pretty significant coming back if that were to eventuate. I think our F1 plus a second would be more than fair.

Carlton are delusional if they think a F1 and another random pick will get it across the line.

With a good injury run that pick is likely around the 15 mark before FS/Academy picks push it back which there is a couple.

What could then become Pick 20 and a mid second rounder isn’t going to get close for a dual AA, in his prime player in the top few in his position in the league.

Carlton are delusional if they think a F1 and another random pick will get it across the line.

With a good injury run that pick is likely around the 15 mark before FS/Academy picks push it back which there is a couple.

What could then become Pick 20 and a mid second rounder isn’t going to get close for a dual AA, in his prime player in the top few in his position in the league.
No worries. Good luck convincing him to pick North lol.

Don't think it's that complicated, particularly if it gets a fair outcome. 3 club trades are quite common.

Port F1 alone is slight overs for Luko. 11 + 31 alone is slight overs for Houston. Goldcoast pick 12 is due to be swallowed up and they need future 1sts to match a bid on a likely pick 1 next year. Carlton wants a pick in the 1st round this year but happy to trade out of 2025.

Working out a 3 way trade makes sense and helps to even it all out.

Carlton won't keep 11 and get Houston I think it's one or the other.

Don't think it's that complicated, particularly if it gets a fair outcome. 3 club trades are quite common.

Port F1 alone is slight overs for Luko. 11 + 31 alone is slight overs for Houston. Goldcoast pick 12 is due to be swallowed up and they need future 1sts to match a bid on a likely pick 1 next year. Carlton wants a pick in the 1st round this year but happy to trade out of 2025.

Working out a 3 way trade makes sense and helps to even it all out.
Future picks are worth 70 cents in a dollar and Carltons F1 would be considered around 16+
GC wont be trading pick #12 this year for F1 and you cant trade F1 +F2 unless you get another pick in 2025

But Port wont be accepting #12 anyway for a dual AA player thats contracted for another 3 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back