Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

I can see people going off half cocked (usual for BF I guess) around the comment from Twomey.

He clearly said that Pick 10 was on the table, not that that was the final deal.

If Pick 10 was on the table, I'd guess a pick or something would come back.

Personally reckon you are getting Bolton for unders if its 9 and 16, so Baker being a bit overs allowing for a Pick to come back is not out of the expectation.

As I (and many Tigers fans have said too), our focus is on getting the highest possible picks, we have later picks that we can use to balance trades out, but out starting point (particularly for the contacted players) is the highest available picks.

If the deals were essentially 9, 10 and 16 for Baker, Bolton and say 29, then most Tigers would think we are giving too much back, if its a 3rd back, or maybe even a couple of 3rds, its not too bad. They could even straddle the 2 drafts.

Lets sat 9, 10 and 16 for Baker, Bolton, 39 and a F3rd (to help with any potential Warner trade) then those deals are certainly feasible.

While I will blow the place up if they give 10 for Baker, the other spin on this is it's not 9 and 10 for Bolton
Yep it’s all good, when you hand over all your 3 first rd picks for Bolton and baker it’s only 9 and 16 for Bolton whole 10 is for baker. No way we were getting 9&10 for Bolton. You were right all along.
Congrats.

Yep it’s all good, when you hand over all your 3 first rd picks for Bolton and baker it’s only 9 and 16 for Bolton whole 10 is for baker. No way we were getting 9&10 for Bolton. You were right all along.
Congrats.

Kate Winslet Yes GIF by Emmys

No but you might be talking to the wrong person, I'm one of the few Dockers peeps who have said decent chance it's 9 and 10 for Bolton from the start (though I've thought 9 and 16 was "fair). I just think something decent needs to come back with them.

Kate Winslet Yes GIF by Emmys

No but you might be talking to the wrong person, I'm one of the few Dockers peeps who have said decent chance it's 9 and 10 for Bolton from the start (though I've thought 9 and 16 was "fair). I just think something decent needs to come back with them.

GIF by Driven Movie

Callum Twomey
@CalTwomey
·
2m

Liam Baker has nominated Fremantle as his club of choice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But why? what does it matter? I don't think Freo would mind, maybe disappointed but they probably prefer to know so they can focus on Bolton.
Additionally no one is tieing him to either club, if he actually had chosen and just not gone with it, you'd think at least one media dude would be saying at the least that "it's likely WC"

But, nothing...

But why? what does it matter? I don't think Freo would mind, maybe disappointed but they probably prefer to know so they can focus on Bolton.
Because West Coast don't have a coach yet so doesn't want to jump the gun? To give Tigers fans the sense he's willing to go where they might get the best deal? Deals like this rarely get done at the last minute, the suggestion from mid-season was that he wanted to go home and the Eagles were willing to bring him home, I would suggest that's not changed. The only thing that would turn his head is a greater offer from Freo but West Coast are in the position to offer him the better deal at present.

I can see him picking West Coast but interesting that his sister knows, and he is still apparently undecided until West Coast name their coach. Not sure why he just doesn't come out and say it.
Looks a bit bad if he says I’m waiting for them to name their coach and when they do he chooses freo. He’ll be reminded of that constantly.
What I do know is he wants Richmond to get a good deal for him.

Because West Coast don't have a coach yet so doesn't want to jump the gun? To give Tigers fans the sense he's willing to go where they might get the best deal? Deals like this rarely get done at the last minute, the suggestion from mid-season was that he wanted to go home and the Eagles were willing to bring him home, I would suggest that's not changed. The only thing that would turn his head is a greater offer from Freo but West Coast are in the position to offer him the better deal at present.

I have honestly thought he was heading to the Eagles for months now. I also reckon its why his best mate Graham hasn't said anything yet. Once Baker chooses Eagles I would not be surprised if Graham comes out next day and says the same.

Pretty sure that has been said a number of times?
What, like 3 months ago? There's been nothing remotely definitive from anyone and all the talk is "undecided"

More than happy for him to go to WC for the prices being talked about as well, just not convinced on the sister thing

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back