Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh dunkley a far better player was pick 21, future first and second. Smith isn't close to that

I’m not one for criticising the cats. They are the best in the business.

But Jay Clark dropping the mental health card and needing extra resources for Bailey, and having that involved in trade value... is pretty shithouse and very stupid in my opinion.

Think we can all agree that it needs to stay out of the conversation. The Dogs did everything they could to placate him.
Yes some of the issues were outside his control but a lot of the issues he had absolutely were of his own doing.

Anyone that thinks the Dogs didn't go above and beyond in their due diligence in helping a young man going through mental health struggles is being deliberately obtuse.

I’m not one for criticising the cats. They are the best in the business.

But Jay Clark dropping the mental health card and needing extra resources for Bailey, and having that involved in trade value... is pretty shithouse and very stupid in my opinion.
Smith also tried this at the draft so interstate clubs over looked him, boy cries wolf

True.

No decent club could be looking seriously at a dud like Smith.
He's got talent no doubt. 2022 smith gets 2 top 10.picks. 2023 smith wasn't played on ball, looked and finished outside the top 10 in the club bnf and then he does a knee.

Tbh as a cats fan I'm not sure we need him and I'm not sure how he fits into the geelong lifestyle. I'd think he'd commute from Melbourne and not embrace geelong life

He's got talent no doubt. 2022 smith gets 2 top 10.picks. 2023 smith wasn't played on ball, looked and finished outside the top 10 in the club bnf and then he does a knee.

Tbh as a cats fan I'm not sure we need him and I'm not sure how he fits into the geelong lifestyle. I'd think he'd commute from Melbourne and not embrace geelong life
I think the Geelong lifestyle may suit Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith [reportedly headed to Geelong]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back