Ballantyne wants out - Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

If he had asked to be traded to anyone other than our mortal enemy, bitter rivals or whatever label you want to put on West Coast i would have been happy for him. But to ask to be traded to them, i don't wish him ill i just wish him out of our club and the sooner the better!

You are too lenient here.
Too lenient?
I would hardly call acknowledgement of a player who has been a great servant of this club "too lenient".

Shits me to tears when a guy who has been with us through good and bad, 2014 All-Australian, grand final team of 2013, a key component of the FFC who has had a couple of bad seasons (and still managed to kick 26 goals this year when the whole bloody team could barely win a game, and was in fact third most accurate this season with regard to shots on goal) is treated like a leper because he has apparently requested a trade.
I'm not going to go too far into the effect it has on a good small forward when he's played too far up the ground, because that devolves this post into a matter of opinion. Suffice to say you won't find Eddie Betts up at half back too often, because that isn't where he's at his best.
I'll also lay aside any thoughts toward the fact that it is highly unlikely our best 22 next season will play out the season uninjured, and you're all too willing to trade away one of the game's better small forwards in the hopes of... maybe... finding something better. Very shortsighted and silly thinking.

The prevalent hypocrisy here is that it is apparently fine to heap shit on one of our better players, but then expect him to show loyalty in spite of having been turned into one of the clubs whipping boys in a disappointing season.

I'll ask a simple question. Exactly what, in the light of many comments in this thread, is he supposed to show loyalty to?

You, Meima? Any of you others who are salivating at the thought of getting rid of him?
What the **** makes you think he would be in any way inclined to show loyalty to a pack of ravening hyenas calling themselves supporters who are only too willing to sink the boots in because of a bad season or two, as if he (along with Mayne) are the sole reasons Fremantle has had a poor season, and as if getting rid of them will suddenly make us grand final favourites?

If Ballantyne or Mayne read these forums, I'm not surprised they requested trades. Not surprised at all. You go on about club loyalty in one breath and then completely fail to show any in the next.
****ing disgusting.

Stay or go, all the best to you Ballantyne... and I hope like hell you manage to have a couple of good seasons before retirement, with Fremantle or elsewhere, for no better reason than to stick up right up the clacker of some unappreciative ****s who call themselves supporters.

6PR SportsToday ‏@6PRSportsToday 13h13 hours ago
A @WestCoastEagles member tells us if Hayden Ballantyne joins the club he will relinquish his membership.
Stimpy-Oh-Joy.jpg

Actually, I'm willing to back that up.
If Ballantyne stays on with Fremantle next year, I'll commit to being his buddy for 2017 - unless someone else has already taken that honour.

If he had asked to be traded to anyone other than our mortal enemy, bitter rivals or whatever label you want to put on West Coast i would have been happy for him. But to ask to be traded to them, i don't wish him ill i just wish him out of our club and the sooner the better!
Can't remember where I read it, but pretty sure here on BF, is that he can't go anywhere else but Eagles because the father of his stepchild won't allow her to move interstate.

Actually, I'm willing to back that up.
If Ballantyne stays on with Fremantle next year, I'll commit to being his buddy for 2017 - unless someone else has already taken that honour.
That is great good on you i really happy for you not like armchair supporter like me .
* I still think ballas will force to be traded .

Has any club in AFL history ever had a more imbecilic supporter base?
I think we all know eagle fans who have made a hobby out of focusing all their hatred towards Freo at Ballas over the years.

Clearly some have taken it so far (like the moron on 6pr) that the thought of him playing for them is causing some serious inner conflict. I hate this situation and would love for him to voice his commitment to the club but it has been fun watching them deal with it.

I think we all know eagle fans who have made a hobby out of focusing all their hatred towards Freo at Ballas over the years.

Clearly some have taken it so far (like the moron on 6pr) that the thought of him playing for them is causing some serious inner conflict. I hate this situation and would love for him to voice his commitment to the club but it has been fun watching them deal with it.
I am having fun for stiring postie for banish ballas to wafl also . Is not like it going to happen . I think is his manager colin style of putting everything out there ( press/media) than a close door negotiation like neale manager .

1) cam mac
2) jaegar omera
3) ballas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the Hayden Ballantyne Wing at Rushton has got to be renamed if he goes to the scum (and EP). Connor Blakely Wing, anyone?
Ballas started with peel , i think maybe bennell but CB is strentching it .

On the subject of the lotto win it was heaps, arround 20 million. I was at a fundraising do for peel around the time that the money was won and was told that the grandkids, including ballas each got a large slice.
It seems strange he needs the cash.

On the subject of the lotto win it was heaps, arround 20 million. I was at a fundraising do for peel around the time that the money was won and was told that the grandkids, including ballas each got a large slice.
It seems strange he needs the cash.

We don't know he's leaving for the cash.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ballantyne wants out - Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back