Bastards that invade your personal space.

Remove this Banner Ad

I have some friends that are overly 'touchy' in general (men and women). It's just part of their personality I guess, but it does creep some people out (regardless of sexuality).

Probably depends on the culture. Some observers notice that in japanese films (especially older), there is NEVER any body contact shown. Might be a society thing, maybe they value personal space even more than we do. Assuming Japanese, could give some context to the above caption?

Then again, I prefer hugging to the 'handshake'. A handshake really makes no sense to me. Hugging obviously isnt appropriate for formal settings, but usually it's less awkward and more connective.

Maybe we should just sniff each other's butts like dogs and be done with it.

Honestly, why do men hate hugging other men?

Is it because they don't want to be labelled homo?

I'm just puzzled, as I was fed with the generalisation that men had few insecurities, were the emotionally stable (or emotionless) gender, and just didn't give a shit what other people think.
Pretty much
Apart from when you're playing sport or something when it's clear your "no homo"

I'm talking about the seats that run along the carriage! All the knee room in the world forwards, just ********s who feel the need to excessively spread their legs

Pretty simple way around it, put your leg against theirs and refuse to move it, or push against it, people ****ing hate that. If you get some twat who refuses to give in, then you have a fun battle of wills for 30-45 minutes, and they have a shit ride.

And how about when you're at the cinema and not a lot of people are there, some Moos will always sit right in front of you even though there are 20 free seats in the row. And it's always the kind of person who brings the loudest bloody food, like super crunchy lollies wrapped in 15 layers of plastic.

This happened to me tonight. We picked a spot we thought would be away from anyone else, and where did the only other people in our area sit - that's right the row in front and the row behind us!

The thing is it was an allocated seat cinema so these people consciously CHOSE to sit around us despite there being plenty of spare seats in our area.

Honestly, why do men hate hugging other men?

Is it because they don't want to be labelled homo?

I'm just puzzled, as I was fed with the generalisation that men had few insecurities, were the emotionally stable (or emotionless) gender, and just didn't give a shit what other people think.

I echo the posts on the previous page. I have no problem with hugging men, in fact I am generally pretty loose with physical contact, but people getting drunk and throwing their arms around you and hanging off you for half the night while declaring they love you with their boozey and cigarrety breath gives me the shits.

This happened to me tonight. We picked a spot we thought would be away from anyone else, and where did the only other people in our area sit - that's right the row in front and the row behind us!

The thing is it was an allocated seat cinema so these people consciously CHOSE to sit around us despite there being plenty of spare seats in our area.
what was the movie?

Were you in the middle?

Everybody likes to sit in the middle for obvious reasons.

Nah we were right on the edge (the bit next to the entrance that normally only has 2-3 seats next to it (there was 2 seats per row in this section).

If it were in the middle, I'd be more understanding, but right on the side...

I echo the posts on the previous page. I have no problem with hugging men, in fact I am generally pretty loose with physical contact, but people getting drunk and throwing their arms around you and hanging off you for half the night while declaring they love you with their boozey and cigarrety breath gives me the shits.

the dude mentioned on my previous post rang yday morning...apologizing for all manner of things from the evening...still fing sick of that behavior from the individual...leave everyone alone dude when u r pissed.

Hate that too. Take the damn hint!

And how about when you're at the cinema and not a lot of people are there, some Moos will always sit right in front of you even though there are 20 free seats in the row. And it's always the kind of person who brings the loudest bloody food, like super crunchy lollies wrapped in 15 layers of plastic.
Or when you sit away from everyone else because you want to be considerate as you have chips and other loud food and some idiots decide to sit near you and turn around the whole time because your chips are crunchy. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No wonder cinemas are going out of business.

I hope you told those idiots off nbaman1
A few dirty looks but I was with a few friends so I didn't really care much at the time.

Wen watching Gran Torino in 2008, I had an elderly couple sit next to the old man and myself and the lady kept whispering to her husband that I was eating too loudly. Half the bloody cinema was empty. If you don't like it, move or go see the movie at a during the week (providing they were retired of course).

My next view might anger smokers but I don't care. Those who choose to smoke outside at an eating area of a restaurant are pretty much invading my personal space. I shouldn't have to inhale second hand smoke whilst eating a meal. Bugger off and have a smoke somewhere else. The few smokers I know have the decency to do so.

My final one is the tools who decide to take the seat you've saved for a mate in class. I've had it happen plenty of times and it always tends to be when we have a sub and we can muck around. They don't bother to talk and they just sit there. Piss off.

I also had this one kid a few years ago who stretched out his non writing arm onto my desk while writing. I had to keep lifting his arm off and he kept doing it. Gee, there are some flogs.

If you don't like it, move or go see the movie at a during the week (providing they were retired of course).

That's another thing that i tend to notice with things like doctor/dentist/optometrist/etc appointments. People either retired or without jobs taking the best appointment times for working folk. Takes me weeks normally to get an appointment in the 4pm or later time slot (ie the easiest time for me to get off from work), and half the time when you go in, it's all the bloody old retirees sitting there waiting for their 4:30 appointment as well. Come on now. You buggers wake up at 5am, the least you could do is take the 10-11am or 2-4pm appointments which would be useless for most of the working world and leave the late ones for people who can't get any other times off.

That's another thing that i tend to notice with things like doctor/dentist/optometrist/etc appointments. People either retired or without jobs taking the best appointment times for working folk. Takes me weeks normally to get an appointment in the 4pm or later time slot (ie the easiest time for me to get off from work), and half the time when you go in, it's all the bloody old retirees sitting there waiting for their 4:30 appointment as well. Come on now. You buggers wake up at 5am, the least you could do is take the 10-11am or 2-4pm appointments which would be useless for most of the working world and leave the late ones for people who can't get any other times off.

This was the case at the barber I go to. I always went on Saturday mornings as it was convenient.

One day he stopped opening on Saturdays and I asked him why. He reckoned he only ever opened on Saturdays as a convenience for working people but spent the entire day cutting the hair of old buggers who could have come anytime during the week.

So he just said stuff it and stopped opening his shop on Saturdays.

those close talkers are on the incline. and people that touch you for no given reason.

Also when you announce you have to go and someone asks 'why?' some people need to stfu and let me leave

Similar to OP - at a big urinal, trough style, only bloke there. Guy comes in and:

1. Goes to a cubicle - wtf? There is a shit ton of space
2. Stands right next to you - see above?

So, I gave him a quick wristy and left.

Just had this one last night, plenty of room and this bloke comes in and stands right next to me. Started chatting to me, which is fine - indeed would have been more awkward if silent - but I think that dude needed to go and do 'Urinal Etiquette 101'.

Those who are paranoid about having their 'personal space' invaded, deserve to have it happen to them. If you go out in public, it is to be expected that you will encounter others. If it's such a problem, do everyone a favour and stay at home.

2858389_how_to_regain_your_personal_space_xlarge.jpeg

Those who are paranoid about having their 'personal space' invaded, deserve to have it happen to them. If you go out in public, it is to be expected that you will encounter others. If it's such a problem, do everyone a favour and stay at home.
or heres a better idea, how about get the f out of our way. Lol

I hate people whining about having their personal space invaded at the cinema. Who cares if someone dare sit in your vicinity? You're in a public place, if you find people that much of a nuisance then just download the movie or wait for the DVD and watch it alone in your home. Nbaman1, if you have multiple people being pissed off at you for your eating I'm gonna throw it out there and say that you're one of those people that chew with your mouth open like a cow. Sure, they can move, you could also be a bit more respectful.

Also Nbaman1, 'saving seats' isn't a real thing outside of school, so it's better you get accustomed to it now. As for your complaints about smokers, why can't YOU go sit at a table inside? Smokers are already being forced out onto the kerb, if you want to avoid them you know where you can go. (No I'm not a smoker)

When in a block of toilet cubicles, and you're the only one in the toilet block, and some idiot takes the cubicle right next to you - so much for the 1 cubicle gap.

When walking people that walk right behind you - tailgating on foot. How about a bit of personal space.

Worse still if there's 10+ cubicles free. I dont get that. Perhaps they like other people's shit smell.

I hate people whining about having their personal space invaded at the cinema. Who cares if someone dare sit in your vicinity? You're in a public place, if you find people that much of a nuisance then just download the movie or wait for the DVD and watch it alone in your home. Nbaman1, if you have multiple people being pissed off at you for your eating I'm gonna throw it out there and say that you're one of those people that chew with your mouth open like a cow. Sure, they can move, you could also be a bit more respectful.

Also Nbaman1, 'saving seats' isn't a real thing outside of school, so it's better you get accustomed to it now. As for your complaints about smokers, why can't YOU go sit at a table inside? Smokers are already being forced out onto the kerb, if you want to avoid them you know where you can go. (No I'm not a smoker)

Someone shit in your coffee this morning?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bastards that invade your personal space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back