Bate, Warnock and Maric

Remove this Banner Ad

Overheard a few young demons players in my mates pizza shop in chapel st today talking about potential future teammates...
One of them, drafted in 2008 said he is hoping "Timmy harrington can get his U18 oakleigh chargers teammate's deal done" ....
2008 oakleigh charger players are:
Hannaberry
Z Clarke
L shuey
J Strauss

J LISLE
( can only assume the other 3 are out of our league..)

I think the dees are making a serious play for this boy...
What would we SERIOUSLY offer them for his services?
( no Morton maric bate crap ideas either... )
Understand only 5 games in 4 years ain't great, but next year will be his 4th yr as a tall KPP....

All 3 would be handy elsehwere.

I'd personally go McCarthy for Bate.

Neeld is a fan and the Pies need some insurance for McCaffers injury.

I'm a Melbourne supporter rating the trade value of a Melbourne player, cut me some slack ;)

But seriously, he's the feature piece of the 'First Dropped' gallery. He suffered with game time under Bailey - I consider him worthy of a game most weeks. He offers as a small forward or a midfielder, reputably is a laser boot and he's got pace. Considering the quality of this year's draft he'd be a pick 40 next year, but I'll rephrase what he's worth: 20-30 and we do well. Probably a pick around 30 is fair for both parties but Melbourne will play tough, I reckon.
Dreaming, you severely overate him. He has shown nothing. He was a surprise draft pick, most thought it was strange that he went so high, and it has been proven that it was a poor pick. He came with a big reputation on his kicking, but it has proven to be poor in matches. He is not a good mark, and does not have exceptional pace. He is lazy on the field, and does not apply much pressure. He does not kick many goals, and can't run through the midfield. He can't get a game in a terrible team, surely that tells you something?

All it will take is a token late pick if a club is interested, otherwise there is a very good chance he will be delisted.

I would really like Maric at the swans but pick 43 wouldnt do it any ideas on a good trade for him?

I believe it is getting done at North for less.

Port's list manager is on Trade Radio and said Maric is trying to get a trade to Richmond.

Wrong player (Probably wrong list manager too).

I believe it is getting done at North for less.

Wrong player (Probably wrong list manager too).

No was definately Maric!!! It might of been Port's Football Manager but he was asked about Port's ruck stocks and if they had looked at Maric. he said Maric wanted to be the #1 ruck at his new team and Port couldn't promise that. he then said he wa trying to get to Richmond.

Honestly, I know what I heard!!!!

No was definately Maric!!! It might of been Port's Football Manager but he was asked about Port's ruck stocks and if they had looked at Maric. he said Maric wanted to be the #1 ruck at his new team and Port couldn't promise that. he then said he wa trying to get to Richmond.

I do not beleive Addam would make a good ruckman.

There are 2 Maric's up for grabs. Ivan is a ruckman looking to get to Rich (from Adel). The Maric that has been discussed in this thread is Addam from Melbourne...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HAHAHAHA, oops!!!

Feel like a dick now!!!

Sorry, had only heard Ivan being discussed as a trade!!

Ha ha. Easy mistake to make (even journos are stuffing up this one).

With Kieran Harper looking set for 22 games next year, Aaron Edwards looking pretty entrenched now, Matty Campbell back from injury and Lindsay Thomas (hopefully) on the road to sanity again, where does Addam Maric fit in?

I would have thought (theoretically) that there was more opportunity on offer at Melbourne than North - North are probably going to cut Ben Warren loose, who has certainly been a much better player than Addam Maric to date.

With Kieran Harper looking set for 22 games next year, Aaron Edwards looking pretty entrenched now, Matty Campbell back from injury and Lindsay Thomas (hopefully) on the road to sanity again, where does Addam Maric fit in?

I would have thought (theoretically) that there was more opportunity on offer at Melbourne than North - North are probably going to cut Ben Warren loose, who has certainly been a much better player than Addam Maric to date.

My only guess is that Brad Scott and pals see Maric as a potential rebounding HBF, a position we may need to fill with Rawlings out and Wells potentially out for the start of the season.

My only guess is that Brad Scott and pals see Maric as a potential rebounding HBF, a position we may need to fill with Rawlings out and Wells potentially out for the start of the season.

I might be wrong but Maric doesn't really come across as the speedy type you'd want rebounding out of the backline. I think his greater assets are his skills and football brain but he just appears to be so so soooo slack

Obviously all three will be minor trades but imo Maric would be the best value.
He just didn't get a regular opportunity under Bailey but he actually played some good footy at various times, in a different invironment I think he can still make it.

Bates biggest issue is where do you play him? If you go back to when he was drafted that was the biggest concern and it hasn't been solved.

Hope all three get another gig and do well

right about here i thought you were trolling haha, no worries man

We have been screaming out for a genuine crumber/forward pocket. If Maric fits the bill then he may be worth having a look at. I haven't seen enough of him to warrant comment on his abilities (or lack of).

Matty Campbell - inconsistent/injured/may end up at Hawthorn.
Lindsay Thomas - not a genuine crumbing forward (good in the air and on the lead for his size, etc.).
Kieran Harper - not a proven crumber (and is almost 6'3).
Aaron Edwards - lead up HFF.
Ben Warren - see Edwards.

Our best FP at the moment is Brent Harvey but that is not a long-term solution and a bit of a luxury.

seriously hope north takes maric off our hands. if so gl north fans he is the laziest shittest player on our list. not quick, not a great kick, decision making is poor, goalsense is average, tackling is sub par. enjoy! :D
Stop writing BS. The kid was a victim of Bailey's incompetance. How was any small forward supposed to shine when we couldn't get the ball inside 50, and when we did, we were outnumbered 7 to 3? Plus he had no power forward to feed off.

Maric has got some talent and I hope he prospers at a new club.

Stop writing BS. The kid was a victim of Bailey's incompetance. How was any small forward supposed to shine when we couldn't get the ball inside 50, and when we did, we were outnumbered 7 to 3? Plus he had no power forward to feed off.

Maric has got some talent and I hope he prospers at a new club.

lol ur delusional like many melbourne fans. its irrelevant that we had little supply. maric didnt chase or tackle well and everytime he touched the ball id hold my breath in fear of wat hed do with it. decision making is rediculously slow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bate, Warnock and Maric

Remove this Banner Ad

Back