SouthSwans

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2005
Glen Iris, Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bushrangers, Liverpool, Celtics
I dunno if it matters to you guys considering this is an outsiders opinion on things, but I thought your boys played f***ing magnificently tonight. It's a true shame that you couldn't get over the line because tonight wasn't about the Adelaide of old where McLeod, Edwards, Goodwin, Ricciuto, Burton and co rake in 120 possies and kick 15 goals between them, it was a gritty effort from some great young kids that you guys have got.

Yes the game was lost in a horrible third term where everything just clicked for the Pies and didn't for your boys. But for the other three quarters it was an attacking midfield of run-and-carry footballers, nearly all of which are still finding their feet at AFL level churning out smart running plays in 29 degree heat against a side who before last week was the hot favourite for the flag.

Be very, very proud of Vince, Dangerfield, Mackay, Otten, Symes and Knights. These aren't big names back east, but they back themselves in every single time they have the ball, running hard and barrelling into every contest against bigger bodies. And I tell you what people who write off the Crows in the next few years, do so at their own peril. Thompson and Porplyzia are becoming - if not already are - superstars as well and those big guys in Tippett, Maric and Hentschel tried their guts out tonight.

You guys have had a great season, don't be too hard on your boys for tonight, it was a marvellous effort.

Best of luck for next year.
Cheers, SS :thumbsu:

EDIT: Oh, and if you need something to cheer you up, watch this...
[youtube]_iXNd4EE6_Y[/youtube]

I was sitting in a bay just to the right of the Adelaide area. I genuinly felt bad for them as I was leaving. I have never felt bad for opposition supporters before! Both teams deserved to win. You guys had a great year and won alot of respect.

Cheers you guys for the supportive comments.

I personally am very proud of us this year. We started pretty shaky but got on our feet in the end, and there are so many positives, particularly involving our young guns :)

Best thing is, there's always next year. I sense next year will be even better.

Good luck against Geelong, Pies... I think you'll need it :/

Overall, a top season by the AFC, considering the low expectations at the beginning of the season.

15 wins, 9 losses is a great return for a developing team.

Our biggest weakness is still our rucks. I wouldn't be against aiming for a Seaby or a Hale.

Next year we need to bring in McKernan, Davis, Sloane and Walker. These kids are too kid to be playing SANFL, and this spells danger for Shirley/Hentschel/Burton in particular.

Was definatly thinking on the way home tonight gee Mackay played really well perhaps his best of the year? And danger was fantastic when the heat was on. Great to see that we are starting to get some respect from other clubs cheers boys.

I would think that one day Danger would captain the club, also porps with a full preseason under his belt ;), might chuck a sneaky 20 on him for the brownlow next season at what you could only guess would be nice odds!

I think you guys can hold your heads very high, you played very well and were unlucky to win and may have even deserved to win but I think you have a few very good years ahead of you, especially if you keep tippet. I'm definetly not looking forward to playing you guys more in the future. Congrats on a good season and all the best for next year

I am really proud of my cub, my team and what the've achieved this year.
I just feel so sorry for the players.

Doesn't stop me from feeling sick though?:(

I am really proud of my cub, my team and what the've achieved this year.
I just feel so sorry for the players.

Doesn't stop me from feeling sick though?:(

I was dead set 100% shattered after the game but then I looked out to the boys and half of them were on the ground laying down/ crouched over and I don't think we can underestimate how much that hurt them!

I hate seeing the players lying on the ground/crouching over. I usually don't shed a tear until I see one of them crying - it breaks my heart :(. I almost smashed the mirror in my room when the siren went - I grabbed the first thing I could reach to throw at it, and luckily I grabbed my pillow instead of my remote and phone. I was tempted to throw one of them afterwards but decided against it as I would regret it once I had cooled down.

But we had a fantastic year and finished above most people's expectations (including mine!), we had some GREAT wins (showdown & round 1 are definitely up there!) & I've taken some great memories out of the year.
Our future looks bright with some young guns coming through. And next year will be exciting since we'll FINALLY see Davis debut along with a few others!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great year! lousy finish.

The Kids played well. (Ottens was very good in the finals)

I have always thought that Thompson was a weak link in the finals, but last night tried his heart out and he nearly won the game in the last quarter.
Unfortunately some of his more senior teammates were a big letdown.

I love Goodwin but I don`t think he is an inspiring captain when the chips are down.

And I am disappointed Craig couldn`t get at least 1 game into Davis before the pre-season. (that would have been very good for his development)
This was supposed to be a development year!

However Niel thanks for producing one of the most competitive teams in the comp, we always get our "moneys worth"

Great year! lousy finish.

The Kids played well. (Ottens was very good in the finals)

I have always thought that Thompson was a weak link in the finals, but last night tried his heart out and he nearly won the game in the last quarter.
Unfortunately some of his more senior teammates were a big letdown.

I love Goodwin but I don`t think he is an inspiring captain when the chips are down.

And I am disappointed Craig couldn`t get at least 1 game into Davis before the pre-season. (that would have been very good for his development)
This was supposed to be a development year!

However Niel thanks for producing one of the most competitive teams in the comp, we always get our "moneys worth"

I pissed myself when Otten took that mark in the last few seconds, I thought what a game saving mark..............?????? oh dear Im still hurting.

Overall, a top season by the AFC, considering the low expectations at the beginning of the season.

15 wins, 9 losses is a great return for a developing team.

Our biggest weakness is still our rucks. I wouldn't be against aiming for a Seaby or a Hale.

Next year we need to bring in McKernan, Davis, Sloane and Walker. These kids are too kid to be playing SANFL, and this spells danger for Shirley/Hentschel/Burton in particular.

but cmon how poo were some of those bounces... our guys were absolutley busting a gut and struggling to make a contest....

I pissed myself when Otten took that mark in the last few seconds, I thought what a game saving mark..............?????? oh dear Im still hurting.

Oh please, don't remind me. Otten deserved to be the hero in this, but alas, the umps had to pay that hold against Rutten. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Be Proud Adelaide Fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back