The Number One or the Victory.

• The Wooden Spoon and the Kruzman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beat the Saints,

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

beat sk kilda
the spoon is embarassing i hope Richmond never win another spoon again.
I dont want Richmond to be one of those loser teams that has more wooden spoons than premierships.

We should not accept spoons ever regardless of picks.

we are better than the spoon.

GO TIGES

ill be going to the MCG to cheer on the tiges onelast time this season and hopefully cheering them off the ground after a victory :thumbsu:

Having celebrated each of our three wins (and draw) long and hard...give me the win anyday of the week.

We may miss Kreuzer, but if we can't get it right with pick two or three, than heads should roll!

And the media commentators all think they speak for us when they say the draft is a sham because it makes fans want to see their team lose.

Bullshit. We want to see the team win. We don't want the spoon.

Fans only talk about the draft well after the event. It is like walking out of Crown after dropping a grand, but finding a taxi instantly. You take what you can get and focus on the positives. Did you have a good night? Suuuure didn't have to wait for a cab.

pretty torn here - been hurt by pointless wins at the end of the season before.

3 picks in the top 20 would be nice -and gives us come clout at the trade table in getting a ruckman - and if number one could come along with it - geez - dunno:eek:

i mean - we can smash st.kilda next season still - right?

pretty torn here - been hurt by pointless wins at the end of the season before.

3 picks in the top 20 would be nice -and gives us come clout at the trade table in getting a ruckman - and if number one could come along with it - geez - dunno:eek:

i mean - we can smash st.kilda next season still - right?

No such thing as a pointless win astro, especially against StKilda, and doubly so if it keeps them out of the finals. Their bandwagon is already limping along on 4 flat tyres and we've got the perfect chance to rip out the alternator and pour sugar in their petrol tank.

We're also perilously close to having the worst win/loss record for the decade, so there's definitely no such thing as a pointless win. Lets win and relegate the Blues to the spoon once more.

We have had a shocking year so far, so to win 1 more game and possibly miss out on a quality youngster would be a waste in my opinion.

Do a Carlton....play for 3 quarters then go home with the picks :confused:

In such a closed competition anything you do to hurt your opponents directly benefits you.

The Socceroos beating Bangladesh in soccer doesn't matter, you won't see them again for 4 years.

Richmond beating the Saints matters. You never know what can happen. Might prompt Saints to delist / trade someone. Sack an assistant. Might be the straw that prompts their board to spend the extra $1m they are planning on the medical staff - $1m that they don't spend elsewhere.

It might be something as simple as Thursfield spending the next 6 months full of confidence having held Reiwoldt.

Always something at stake.

In such a closed competition anything you do to hurt your opponents directly benefits you.

The Socceroos beating Bangladesh in soccer doesn't matter, you won't see them again for 4 years.

Richmond beating the Saints matters. You never know what can happen. Might prompt Saints to delist / trade someone. Sack an assistant. Might be the straw that prompts their board to spend the extra $1m they are planning on the medical staff - $1m that they don't spend elsewhere.

It might be something as simple as Thursfield spending the next 6 months full of confidence having held Reiwoldt.
Always something at stake.

Or Raines spending the next six months full of confidence having held Riewoldt!!!!!!

Wallace better not!!!!:rolleyes:

Beat the saints easy. We dont need another wooden spoon. 2 in 4 years doesnt sit well with me. I hope we come out and smash the Saints finals hopes for the year.
Whether we get pick 1, 2 or 3 we know we are going to get a quality young footballer.

A similar thread on the Carlton board has 70% of Blues supporters voting for a loss.

We are not Carlton, a club where winning spoons has becoming a culture.

Tiger supports will always and should aways want to win.

We already have a great young developing list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

let carltank have their precious picks. it'd be much more of a shame to me to let them get the gain of pick 1 without the pain of a spoon to go with it. we'll make do with whoever we get, from most accounts kreuzers the only player who's draft number will be indicative of his talent. alot of these other highly touted blokes sound like second rounders in a half decent draft pool.

Poll is irrelevant. Carlton will not beat Melbourne. They'll boot themselves into a comfortable lead then mysteriously lose by a narrow margin.

There is absolutely NOTHING to gain from losing, so I reckon we'll go out there to win. Of course beating the Saints is not a matter of "do we tank or not" - it's a matter of playing bloody well. We haven't beaten them in the last eight times we've met and they're still in the running for a spot in the 8 (just), so to win we're going to have to put on a fine performance.

The best result for us would be to draw! This would put us on equal points with the loser of Melbourne/Carlton, but with a better percentage, we would jump to 15th.

We would also retain the priority pick*!

(* Assuming that 4.5 wins means that you lose the pick?)

I voted for the draft pick but it depends on the scenario.
If the Saints need to win to make the finals, then it would make the win actually mean something and we would still get three picks inside the top 20, it just means that it would be Nos 3, 17 and 18, still pretty good.
If the Saints are out of the finals race then the game pretty much means nothing and I can't see the point of it all.
But, if everything is on the line for them and we come out and beat them, then I think that sort of tonic is better than having No 2 the draft rather than No 3. Two wins to finish off the season against sides with everything to play for would tell me a lot about this list and the way it wants to go for the future.
I'm just glad we are on 3½ and not 4½ so we still keep our 2nd round priority pick regardless of what happens.

A win for sure. No question.

The comments in the paper today by Koutafides and other so-called Carlton greats are a disgrace and an indictment on that pathetic rabble of a club.

Win at all costs.

Especially against the Saints. Ever since Frawley wore his St.Kilda socks while he coached us, and we clapped like idiots when Nathan Burke walked off, St.Kilda have gone to the same level as Essendon and Collingwood in my book.

Some of you may remember me talking about getting pick 1 if we were going to have such a bad year hell we may as well get the reward for it. Well now that a long hard season is drawing to a close and we can possibly gain something better than pick 1 I say:
GO FOR THE WIN AND SEND THE BLUES TO WHERE THEY WANT TO BE

It would also be sweet if the Saints were actually playing for a finals spot on Saturday as well and we knocked them out of the finals as well. Ruin 2 teams hopes in 2 weeks would be a great feeling for the players as they head in to the off season.

A similar thread on the Carlton board has 70% of Blues supporters voting for a loss.

We are not Carlton, a club where winning spoons has becoming a culture.

Tiger supports will always and should aways want to win.

We already have a great young developing list.

a great developing list that went from ninth last year to 16th last year. You guys make me laugh.

As for us carlton supporters, we are only wanting a loss because we are looking to the future. In no way is losing a culture at our club, or at any club for that instance.

How can you be barracking for 1 meaningless win, if it means you can hav a better draft pick??? Trent Cotchin looked pretty good on the weekend! But if you guys are fine with winning, then im fine with picks 1 & 2

Some of you may remember me talking about getting pick 1 if we were going to have such a bad year hell we may as well get the reward for it. Well now that a long hard season is drawing to a close and we can possibly gain something better than pick 1 I say:
GO FOR THE WIN AND SEND THE BLUES TO WHERE THEY WANT TO BE

It would also be sweet if the Saints were actually playing for a finals spot on Saturday as well and we knocked them out of the finals as well. Ruin 2 teams hopes in 2 weeks would be a great feeling for the players as they head in to the off season.
yeah good one bone head! send us to the number 1 pick, who will help send us to our next premiership, which i might add will be sooner for us than it is for you!

Doesn't it concern you that wallace has flagged 2011 as the year that Richmond comes again??

ps. its a shame a club with such a great losing culture beat your rabble in round 1 wasnt it?

I'd rather win...the first five or so players in this draft are all fairly similar quality and it will give us something to go on with winning our last two against finals contenders, plus the Pies a few weeks back and a competitive effort over in the West.

A few of the younger blokes could use a shot of confidence to take into the summer.

The best result for us would be to draw! This would put us on equal points with the loser of Melbourne/Carlton, but with a better percentage, we would jump to 15th.

We would also retain the priority pick*!

(* Assuming that 4.5 wins means that you lose the pick?)

Who gives a sh!t mate about the PP bloody hell its only like pick 19 or sumthing i really cant believe people a voting to lose and get the spoon for pick 19. pisses me off people are voting for a loss:thumbsdown: bloody hell!

Remove this Banner Ad

Beat St Kilda or the Spoon?

Back