Winter Beijing 2022 4th Feb to 22nd preview and general discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How much are they paying her?
I think it might be more of how much are a whole lot of Euro and USA brands paying her to promote their products in China?

But Americans love capitalism.

Don’t they?
Sure they do, but a gold medalist in a winter sport is maybe number 784 on the list of most wanted sports star to interview, or talk about list in the USA, but a gold medalist who chose China over USA, will be top of the pops in China the next few months and maybe next few years.

Sure they do, but a gold medalist in a winter sport is maybe number 784 on the list of most wanted sports star to interview, or talk about list in the USA, but a gold medalist who chose China over USA, will be top of the pops in China the next few months and maybe next few years.

Yeah that’s what I meant. They love people who are self made, opportunistic and entrepreneurial.

But this time, they are having a hard time reconciling her choice to cash in, with their nationalistic fervour and belief that they are the greatest and only country on the planet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like I need whatever the Winter equivalent of the steeplechase is. Can we jump over some flaming tyres or something?
Would be nice if they put some of the team sports on the main channel. Wouldn’t mind a bit of curling or hockey occasionally. Plenty of slots for it too, between Eileen and Jakara replays and Scotty James previews they fill a lot of time with the same footage.

A bit more coverage of the actual games surely wouldn’t be a stretch, rather than Hamish chatting shit all day and drumming up the same continuous stories.

Would be nice if they put some of the team sports on the main channel. Wouldn’t mind a bit of curling or hockey occasionally. Plenty of slots for it too, between Eileen and Jakara replays and Scotty James previews they fill a lot of time with the same footage.

A bit more coverage of the actual games surely wouldn’t be a stretch, rather than Hamish chatting sh*t all day and drumming up the same continuous stories.

Aus media will look for any angle to talk about Gu, whether its her bestie from Aus or something even more banal…I’d hate to be her on return to the US.

Remove this Banner Ad

Winter Beijing 2022 4th Feb to 22nd preview and general discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back