Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was Sandhurst who allegedly stole all the best juniors from other clubs?

Seems there has been a secret racket operating - maybe they were the ones trying to blame slags ? After all it was strath who started the slags salary cap rumour

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Seems there has been a secret racket operating - maybe they were the ones trying to blame slags ? After all it was strath who started the slags salary cap rumour

Wow. A 'secret racket' ... let's wait and see. This could unravel. I wonder what Albury E would make of this?

Ps. I have no skin in the game.

No wonder Tom Browne is out of a job crazy maggy, a real tin foil hat conspiracy if I've ever heard one.

Is the pios coach a former south bendigo senior coach, where's south's dial in, I feel like in ghtly less intelligent if that's possible from reading the Just jargon of the last 10 posts.

I thought it was Sandhurst who allegedly stole all the best juniors from other clubs?

They all do it, some more than others, but I don’t blame the clubs.

You can’t hold it against them to take opportunities, it’s the authorities that should put measures in place to stop it happening.

If this case is true it would be 100% on the Pioneers, not Strath.

They all do it, some more than others, but I don’t blame the clubs.

You can’t hold it against them to take opportunities, it’s the authorities that should put measures in place to stop it happening.

If this case is true it would be 100% on the Pioneers, not Strath.
Yes i totally agree. IF TRUE. Sandhurst must be thinking 'What about us...'
Based upon the Crazy ones earlier posts!

Certainly a Pioneers issue.

100% a pioneers issue

But calling kids during school hours when some are doing year 11 and 12 exams. Wouldn’t call that the most ethical behaviour from the club in question
At the school I teach at a bit further south of Bendigo the many of the boys would be more interested in the phone calls than exams!!

That said, your point is well made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% a pioneers issue

But calling kids during school hours when some are doing year 11 and 12 exams. Wouldn’t call that the most ethical behaviour from the club in question
It’s just a phone call? Still up to the player and parent to make the decision to leave.

Happens everywhere you get passed on a number you call them to see if they want to play for the club. Some clubs would make hundreds of calls to only land three players

It’s just a phone call? Still up to the player and parent to make the decision to leave.

Happens everywhere you get passed on a number you call them to see if they want to play for the club. Some clubs would make hundreds of calls to only land three players

The issue is where the numbers are being passed from.

Supposedly a professional program being lead by half qualified school teachers at best

That’s the issue - the trust is gone and clubs won’t stand for it

I'm seriously confused! If there is any truth to this then there needs to be a draft/lottery for the kids who have relocated from Mildura/Swan Hill etc so all clubs get a slice of the pie. All other players MUST play with their local junior club.
You want to restrict movement in junior footy?

Just abandon the tac cup, the cost of 40 guys training together, playing across the state each weekend, isn't viable, the best kids get school scholarships anyway.
Hammer meet nail. Well said. Really keen to see the analysis post draft on the kids who get drafted. Particularly those playing for Pioneers, Rebels, Power, etc and NOT attending private school. System has been creaking for a while. Time will tell whether it’s a full blown crack requiring major surgery.

Last edited:

Have the feeling this will be another Golden Square reserves type moment.

You want to restrict movement in junior footy?

I definitely think the process should be tighter for juniors moving clubs in the same league.

Remember in the old days clubs could knock a clearance back and if the player was serious they would have to make their case to a panel? That would be a good thing for junior footy I think.

I dunno. It's local footy, a lot of kids also move to play with mates.

The problem with that is these kids get sucked into these pathway programs (which are utter garbage anyway because stuff all kids will actually be drafted) and then pressured to change schools.

Then the pressure starts from their mates at the new school to join them at their club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back