Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s about 9 that have left hopefully they get some new players
No need to worry
They will just call a few more 16 year olds from already struggling country clubs and promise them they are 100% guranteed to be drafted if they sign with them.

Doesn't sound great for freeman taking over, yes they've got depth and great juniors, but he's appointment is not bringing players into strath is it? I'd have thought that was a problem.for him at newbridge too, couldn't attract quality recruits. How long did he get at strath?

Doesn't sound great for freeman taking over, yes they've got depth and great juniors, but he's appointment is not bringing players into strath is it? I'd have thought that was a problem.for him at newbridge too, couldn't attract quality recruits. How long did he get at strath?
Have they still got the depth they once had? Their reserves and under 18’s certainly not as strong in 2023 as they had been in years gone by.

That’s about 9 that have left hopefully they get some new players

Genuine question as I’m not really up with the recruiting of Bendigo clubs, has much talent been signed by anyone?

Seems like Castlemaine has improved their list (but nowhere near enough) and everyone else is going backwards.

I reckon it will be very interesting to watch what happens to Strath if they get in a slump.

Always struck me as a bit of a plastic club, rugby name, Geelong colours, Richmond song, venue all lacks a bit of soul and atmosphere. Probably the nature of not existing in my era.

Wonder if the passion will be enough to have heart and soul people stick fat in bad times or if support will drop right off.

Is it not unreasonable to think that there has been follow up talks either at AFLCV or BFNL or between the two about what future structure of footy here might look like. The clumsily handled events of late season certainly attracted lot of attention. Given that as a starting point wouldn't there have been another meeting of clubs convened to see where this all might be heading. Or does the footy following community stay kept in dark. Or alternatively those running the game are more heavily invested in the spring racing carnival at this time of the year and all got too hard?

Is it not unreasonable to think that there has been follow up talks either at AFLCV or BFNL or between the two about what future structure of footy here might look like. The clumsily handled events of late season certainly attracted lot of attention. Given that as a starting point wouldn't there have been another meeting of clubs convened to see where this all might be heading. Or does the footy following community stay kept in dark. Or alternatively those running the game are more heavily invested in the spring racing carnival at this time of the year and all got too hard?

From what I hear all discussions ended after the proposal fell over and nothing has resumed since.

At the moment I believe the key priority is targeting teams to come into the Bendigo comp. Maiden Gully, Rochester, Echuca, Carisbrook and even Daylesford all being thrown around as potential options to put something together to try and woo over.

There’s a recognition that within the next year or two the BFL is likely to be 3 teams down on 2023 and it could easily be 4 or 5. There’s a very real chance the Heathcote comp will overtake as the strongest comp in the region and even the boneheads running footy recognise what a stain on them that would be and are desperate to avoid it.

The plot thickens

Several Bendigo clubs along with many outer bendigo clubs are making complaints to AFL regarding a text message that has been sent to strath footy club from a pioneers coach.

This text had all the numbers of the players and their parents

This was a list of players strath should target as they were outer bendigo players - what a joke ! Hope the hammer comes down hard on this cheating

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The plot thickens

Several Bendigo clubs along with many outer bendigo clubs are making complaints to AFL regarding a text message that has been sent to strath footy club from a pioneers coach.

This was a list of players strath should target as they were outer bendigo players - what a joke ! Hope the hammer comes down hard on this cheating

Which Pios coach and which person at Strath was it sent to?

The plot thickens

Who is telling people about this text. The Pioneers coach or the Strath person. I doubt either would be.

It’s common knowledge now and pioneers are in damage control

About time this bullshit cheating was exposed

Maybe strath will be regretting spreading the sandhurst salary cap rumour last year - and roota don’t waste my time and say it wasn’t strath - everyone knows it was

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe strath will be regretting spreading the sandhurst salary cap rumour last year - and roota don’t waste my time and say it wasn’t strath - everyone knows it was

Name names

By the way…the Sandhurst stuff was started by a Sandhurst player….FACT

Yeah like the common knowledge of Gisborne blokes farrking up at their Prezzo night that you mentioned some time ago, albeit nothing has come about from it. If ya farrking know something like we said before name the names bro.

Yeah like the common knowledge of Gisborne blokes farrking up at their Prezzo night that you mentioned some time ago, albeit nothing has come about from it. If ya farrking know something like we said before name the names bro.
I’m led to believe that rumour was true, and they dealt with it internally.

As for naming names on big footy, other than related to recruits, departures or coaching appointments, as much as we’d like it to, it rarely happens. Our profile names being a perfect example.

As for naming names on big footy, other than related to recruits, departures or coaching appointments, as much as we’d like it to, it rarely happens. Our profile names being a perfect example.

Plenty of us here are known. I people are going to throw out such accusations it’s ok to ask for more proof.

I put on here a question about the salary cap stuff…I know most people here no who i am. I asked a question..people contacted me and told me the real story and that was it

These rumours that are based on never produced text messages and full of constant suggestions we are about to hear more about it are a bit tiresome to be honest.

Surely it can’t be too hard to offer some evidence if it is true.
It all smells of BS to me. The Crazy one creating quite a stir on here.

He mentioned it was “common knowledge “ is someone farrking up at Gisborne prezzo Night, I’m mentioning I have not heard a farrking peep about it around Gisborne, no one on this forum knows about it apart from u and the crazy one apparently is my point.

If u fished thru my comments u could work out who I was, I haven’t anything to hide. HBB is just an old nickname like “Nico”.

He mentioned it was “common knowledge “ is someone farrking up at Gisborne prezzo Night, I’m mentioning I have not heard a farrking peep about it around Gisborne, no one on this forum knows about it apart from u and the crazy one apparently is my point.

If u fished thru my comments u could work out who I was, I haven’t anything to hide. HBB is just an old nickname like “Nico”.
Knowing someone well involved at Gisborne I would have heard if the so called incident occurred. They reassured me nothing happened.

Gisborne has an excellent club culture and I would reject this one as another big footy special...

Maiden Gully has backtracked on their under 18 admission to BFL not sure where that leaves the 5 year plan to transition the whole club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back