Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

The plot thickens

Several Bendigo clubs along with many outer bendigo clubs are making complaints to AFL regarding a text message that has been sent to strath footy club from a pioneers coach.

This text had all the numbers of the players and their parents

This was a list of players strath should target as they were outer bendigo players - what a joke ! Hope the hammer comes down hard on this cheating

Sent from my iPhone using
Well known that families do not want to transfer from maiden gully under 16’s into the senior club
Which families? Can you give us any names?

They had a pretty good record when they started of keeping their good juniors, they should he forced to go from 16s to 18s, and keep Maiden gully on track for the bfl.

Bendigo footy is stuffed at the moment, it's turned into monopoly for 3 clubs

Pure speculation but could it be Maiden Gully sees a brighter future in the Heathcote league?

Best to ignore the Crazy ones posts.

No evidence.

Heading towards trolling.
I was asking about the Maiden Gully situation where junior families supposedly don’t want a bar of the senior club. I’m interested to know which families.

As for the “crazy” ones post, he wouldn’t be the first to bring a rumour to big footy without providing evidence. Bit like journalists quoting an unnamed source, or a source who spoke on the condition of anonymity. Sometimes said rumours are true, sometimes they aren’t, and sometimes we will never know.

I was asking about the Maiden Gully situation where junior families supposedly don’t want a bar of the senior club. I’m interested to know which families.

As for the “crazy” ones post, he wouldn’t be the first to bring a rumour to big footy without providing evidence. Bit like journalists quoting an unnamed source, or a source who spoke on the condition of anonymity. Sometimes said rumours are true, sometimes they aren’t, and sometimes we will never know.
Sometimes 'said rumors are true'

Really. Name one.

Sorry I wasn't referencing Maiden Gully. Apologise for the confusion.

My point is that the Crazy one has got on here with a load of alarmist accusations smearing Pioneers and Strathy folk claiming a metaphoric bomb is immenent ... and yet what has actually occurred?

I hear crickets .... chirping ...

They had a pretty good record when they started of keeping their good juniors, they should he forced to go from 16s to 18s, and keep Maiden gully on track for the bfl.

Bendigo footy is stuffed at the moment, it's turned into monopoly for 3 clubs
Clearly the BFNL is not was it was Trent and the future of Maryborough looks bleak, Kangaroo Flat & Castlemaine not much better, although we all hope Castlemaine under the new coach and set up can show real improvement. I don't agree with you about the monopoly for 3 clubs though. I take it you mean Square, Sandhurst & Strath. Gisborne won the premiership in 2022 and I understand Waters is back. I reckon they will be a force again next year, especially with a fit McKenna and other good recruits. Eaglehawk were not that far off the mark. Towards the end of the season they just lost a close one with Square and had a draw with Sandhurst. They were also very unlucky with injuries when the finals started. They also have a premiership ruckman back. While Square, Sandhurst & Strath have depth they have all lost some very good players who will not be easy to replace. To me that makes five strong clubs at least and I don't think South are that far of the mark either. To me 2024 will not be a 3 club monopoly.

Crazy did you note the above. It is actually a discussion about football. You should try it mate. I know it would be hard for you as there is no scandalous
rumours or moaning about poor crowds etc which so far is the full extent of your propositional knowledge. Really sorry about the big words mate. You must have actually watch a game of footy sometimes in your life. Tell us about who you barrack for, the best players you have seen, new recruits etc. Come on Crazy, go for it mate, you can do it.

Jesus Albury you even changed the text that’s clever

Boring
Football
Netball
League

That’s pretty much what it is. Let’s hope the best players in the comp next year are the mighty Castlemaine Maggie’s stars like Henderson and coach. I can’t wait to see the sooking from the BFNL clique if they actually close the gap.

Albury you must be on the board or work at the addy because everyone else can see that all the good players are leaving / sponsorship is deplorable / interest is at an all time low - which means what ?

It means that the comp is being run poorly mate - as simple as that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep sorry AlburyE I was talking about clubs in Bendigo having a monopoly of the bendigo talent, gisborne have been a super club, with good junior systems in place for a long time, which means they bounce back fast always and have a good operator in waters.

If you've got a 15 or 16 year old son showing a bit of potential at footy at maiden gully, And flat, south and square show interest, if you've got paul hamilton and Rowan wharfe coaching your son, you'd choose square every day of the week, square despite the coaching reshuffle are a well run club.

Eaglehawk have an us against them mentality, which helps them out, and they are traditionally the home to loose units, they embrace those guys and those guys play their best footy at hawk.

I can't see Maryborough or flat ever closing the gap now, we need Maiden gully or marong to step up to the bfl.

I'm also not sold on straths coaching appointment, is it a stop gap measure for a year? From the outside they've got the resources facilities to get a mick mcguane like coach to look over the club from juniors to seniors in a full time role.

South have no following and are perilously placed I'd think, as parents choose other clubs, I see jason westcotts son plays at square, yet he was a very good player at south, they've lost any tradition so there's no pull to play there.

The league head honchos need to put the microscope on this as the league has never been poorer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The underlying issue for Bendigo is Gisborne will leave, Castlemaine might come back next year but is not sustainable in the long term, nor is Maryborough and there are question marks over one or two others.

When the powers that be are war gaming scenarios involving 3-5 less clubs over a 3-5 year period then you are in terrible trouble. Especially when the same incompetence that lead us here is trying to lead us out.

Yep sorry AlburyE I was talking about clubs in Bendigo having a monopoly of the bendigo talent, gisborne have been a super club, with good junior systems in place for a long time, which means they bounce back fast always and have a good operator in waters.

If you've got a 15 or 16 year old son showing a bit of potential at footy at maiden gully, And flat, south and square show interest, if you've got paul hamilton and Rowan wharfe coaching your son, you'd choose square every day of the week, square despite the coaching reshuffle are a well run club.

Eaglehawk have an us against them mentality, which helps them out, and they are traditionally the home to loose units, they embrace those guys and those guys play their best footy at hawk.

I can't see Maryborough or flat ever closing the gap now, we need Maiden gully or marong to step up to the bfl.

I'm also not sold on straths coaching appointment, is it a stop gap measure for a year? From the outside they've got the resources facilities to get a mick mcguane like coach to look over the club from juniors to seniors in a full time role.

South have no following and are perilously placed I'd think, as parents choose other clubs, I see jason westcotts son plays at square, yet he was a very good player at south, they've lost any tradition so there's no pull to play there.

The league head honchos need to put the microscope on this as the league has never been poorer
South are in for a long season next year, I’m hearing that things are not looking good at all

South are in for a long season next year, I’m hearing that things are not looking good at all
Not sure about that one the Comp looks to be coming back and they will have a few in and a few out. You've probably just heard of the few out first.

Jesus Albury you even changed the text that’s clever

Boring
Football
Netball
League

That’s pretty much what it is. Let’s hope the best players in the comp next year are the mighty Castlemaine Maggie’s stars like Henderson and coach. I can’t wait to see the sooking from the BFNL clique if they actually close the gap.

Albury you must be on the board or work at the addy because everyone else can see that all the good players are leaving / sponsorship is deplorable / interest is at an all time low - which means what ?

It means that the comp is being run poorly mate - as simple as that

Comp being run poorly or some clubs being run poorly?

The comp

Some clubs getting walk up starts and silver spoon treatment

Some clubs being made to scrap to survive

The comp

Some clubs getting walk up starts and silver spoon treatment

Some clubs being made to scrap to survive

Where is your evidence? Huge claims but no names ... all hyperbole.

Still nothing with regards your Pioneers/Strath claims....

Come on mate you can do better than that.

I understand that league admin have a role to play but clubs need to take responsibility also

Of course but no one can deny the impact of Bendigo centric bias in the league.

There have literally been premierships won as a result of the administration advantaging clubs, not turning a blind eye but actually giving them gifts over the rest of the competition.

Of course but no one can deny the impact of Bendigo centric bias in the league.

There have literally been premierships won as a result of the administration advantaging clubs, not turning a blind eye but actually giving them gifts over the rest of the competition.
This conversation is getting old, Castlemaine has a population of 11,000 and growing quickly. Hardly a small town in comparison to other community towns in major leagues. Yes I know there are a lot of clubs in very close proximity but blaming Bendigo for all your problems will not fix anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back