Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Had the same characteristic as Jack Geary & Derrick Filo. Every time he had the ball in his hands you knew he would do something constructive.

Hang on - are you saying Webb is in the same class as geary and Filo ? Give me a spell wtf is going on

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm still waiting for the evidence from last week's big story! Want to elaborate Crazymaggy2020 ?

I believe the clique has assembled to go into damage control - wouldn’t think anyone at the BFNL run addy will report anything so maybe something out of Castlemaine will be reported at a stretch

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The reserves are happy not sure about the senior group. It was a decision to appease the reserve players...
The seniors win the premiership and the coach gets sacked because the reserves players don't like him. What are they jealous?

Just when you think this forum cannot come up with anything 'crazier' this one pops up. I am trying to imagine what is next.

The seniors win the premiership and the coach gets sacked because the reserves players don't like him. What are they jealous?

Just when you think this forum cannot come up with anything 'crazier' this one pops up. I am trying to imagine what is next.
The seniors win the flag, they sack the coach and half the team leave. It kind of makes sense the decision was made based on what must have been extremely strong feedback from a cohort outside the senior group.

Would they have made the same decision to move Carter on if they knew how many premiership players would leave?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The seniors win the flag, they sack the coach and half the team leave. It kind of makes sense the decision was made based on what must have been extremely strong feedback from a cohort outside the senior group.

Would they have made the same decision to move Carter on if they knew how many premiership players would leave?
The Tail should never wag the Dog! Good clubs never let this happen and I'm sure Square is in the good club category.

If I make a statement Forest I will produce the evidence. Don't ask me to come up with evidence for your statements. That is your responsibility.

Affiliation fees fees that are deferred are a concession. If you want to say the clubs got an unfair concession that is fine and a far more accurate description of what happened. I reiterate a gift is something you do not have to give or pay back. They clubs, whoever they are were not given a gift.

Your are welcome to correct me if I am wrong, but I have vague memory that the Kyneton matter was a stuff up, (honest mistake), during a shortened Covid season and issue was player payments, not affiliation fees. However I do say that with uncertainty. You or others can paint a clearer picture. If (and I say if) I am right and it was in a different era then I don't think you are comparing oranges with oranges.

I accept Bendigo football was not what is was. We all tend to agree with that but disagree as to what should be done. We have gone round in circles on that issue, however I am not sure the administration is anti Country Clubs or pro Bendigo Clubs. For example I have never heard that attitude coming from Gisborne. In respect of Castlemaine there have been numerous very good players walk out of the club. Probably more than any other club in the league. How many are at Gisborne for a start? That is a sign of something wrong is it not? If they have so much trouble getting coaches as you say, why did they turn them over so often? I think Robbie Keogh was sacked very early in the season in the year he was coach.

Finally I would love to see Castlemaine do really well under their new set up. If it is at the expense of my team Sandhurst then good luck to them.

Again, it’s not my responsibility to provide anything. My evidence is I am telling you that I know without question that it happened. If that’s not enough for you look into it further or don’t believe it, either way I don’t mind.

I’m not interested in getting into semantics over the term gift either. You can call it a concession if you prefer. You could also call it a complete breakdown of the integrity of the competition facilitated by the very people charged with maintaining that integrity.

If you are a Sandhurst person then it is hardly surprising you see no problems in the administration but I can tell you it is the view that has been held by all of the clubs outside Bendigo for at least 50 years and I suspect longer.

You mention Gisborne as not holding that attitude, the same Gisborne whose committee voted to leave the league 15 or so years ago? Hardly a ringing endorsement from the club people most closely involved with the league.

The open and public hostility Kyneton has shown towards the league since leaving is also very instructive.

Makes as much sense as any other theory on why he was moved on.

Wont play in 2024- Knee reco!
He’s gone to Banyule in the Northern league. Understand he won’t play in 2024, but he’s off the books as Bendigo league player now. The number of departures is staggering. Gisborne seem to be the only club not losing big numbers and with Waters back as coach, must be a big chance for a rapid climb back up to flag contenders.

He’s gone to Banyule in the Northern league. Understand he won’t play in 2024, but he’s off the books as Bendigo league player now. The number of departures is staggering. Gisborne seem to be the only club not losing big numbers and with Waters back as coach, must be a big chance for a rapid climb back up to flag contenders.

Gisborne have only announced about 10 resigning and 1 recruit so hard to tell how they are travelling.

Gisborne have only announced about 10 resigning and 1 recruit so hard to tell how they are travelling.
McKenna barely played a game last year so he is like a new recruit, arguably the best player in comp when healthy. If they have bernacki full time or at least for finals they will be a real chance. Scanlon back after a year off too.

So whats happened to bendigo footy every one leaving must be something anyone shed any light on why
Happening pretty much everywhere apart from the Geelong and O&M Leagues. Metro clubs have more cash. The Bendigo League needs a serious adjustment all the same and an injection of new ideas and plans.

Happening pretty much everywhere apart from the Geelong and O&M Leagues. Metro clubs have more cash. The Bendigo League needs a serious adjustment all the same and an injection of new ideas and plans.

The farming clubs also have more cash. Some of the bank balances of clubs in the mallee district are absurd

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back