Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

how will Wayne primmer go as coach Fly???
seems like he's got pretty good credentials
as a little man/rover will he favor the hurst small bunch
or give mar to and bear a good go

Button (retired),Threllfall,Findlay(Nth Bgo),Ketterer,Nicolson (Charlton),Wellington(Marong),Moore,Wust,Archibold(suspended/overseas),Filo(Shep),Craig,Thompson,Ryan twins(VFL),West(I'wood)..."G" train has recommitted to stay,but there are apparent whispers he still could be on the move.That's a possible 16 with at least half are confirmed as leaving. May be even some more too to add to list of departures.
out of curiousity where is Wust going

Guys I wouldn't get to excited & caught up by the hype of the Geish,
Fact is he was an average at best AFL coach, very average umpire coach so what will all of a sudden make him a good coach at Gisbourne?
If he was any good don't you think he'd be toured by atleast a state level club be it in Victoria or interstate instead of hillbilly Gisbourne.

He has quit so its no longer an issue.

how will Wayne primmer go as coach Fly???
seems like he's got pretty good credentials
as a little man/rover will he favor the hurst small bunch
or give mar to and bear a good go

The reports on Wayne Primmer seem pretty good was on the Coaching panel of Benalla's Premiership in the GVFL this year and as you said has good credentials so Im sure he will do a good job for us.

Bears Boy or anyone with Gisborne links what has happened down there? Gone through two appointed Coaches and its just November!!! Was Geisham not aware of how many players were looking to leave? Hopefully someone takes the job on soon and restores some order.

Surprised by the lack of respect by some posters in regards to Gissy situation re coach.Sure its not ideal for club but when a persons health is at risk that is the most important thing.Gissy have been a very successful club for many years and whilst this may be a hiccup im sure they will get a good coach and bounce back.Regardless I wish the club and Geish all the best.

Surprised by the lack of respect by some posters in regards to Gissy situation re coach.Sure its not ideal for club but when a persons health is at risk that is the most important thing.Gissy have been a very successful club for many years and whilst this may be a hiccup im sure they will get a good coach and bounce back.Regardless I wish the club and Geish all the best.

Was his health at risk or did he simply just underestimate the demands of the job. In any even this is not going to help the club in retaining players such as Waters who we understand they were trying to talk out of leaving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think when he found out how much Gisbourne were in the "red" that his philosophy on coaching quickly changed. The health issue was just a huge smokescreen.
Hopefully they can pick a few up to help keep some strength in the list. Kangaroo Flat have announced some recruits looks to be a couple of good ones and doesn't look like they are losing as many as first predicted. Can the Flat break in the finals?
"NO"

I think when he found out how much Gisbourne were in the "red" that his philosophy on coaching quickly changed. The health issue was just a huge smokescreen.

That's what I thought I couldn't see what had gone wrong with his recovery in the space of a week although Coaching is stressful. I got the impression he got in and seen there was a big mess and thought Im out of here.

Kangaroo Flat new recruit Sam Maddern is a little jet, spent the last few years in the O&K saving some coin for uni has played senior O&M footy with wang maggies. great pick up by the club!! Also another young lad Jack Cook has grown another few inches in the off season and added some muscle will be a huge improver and will certainly hold down a key position in the back half

"NO"
Rootboy,
with Eaglehawk and Kyneton not improving and issues at Gissy why do you give the Flat no chance of playing finals
might be to hard to swallow this far out ..haha

Rootboy,
with Eaglehawk and Kyneton not improving and issues at Gissy why do you give the Flat no chance of playing finals
might be to hard to swallow this far out ..haha
"well" if you look at all the previous posts over the past two seasons regarding Kangaroo Flat,a common theme emerging from them is that Stevens,basically, cannot coach.They continue to chase the wrong players and pay them huge money,whilst the home grown product (limited in quality & numbers ,yes) are mostly disenchanted for lack of opportunity. Steven's coaching abilities was the core reason for the internal cue earlier this year when Brooks and Coy got chucked out. For all of Brooksy's failings he was on the money in this instance.

Clearly you have intermit knowledge of the club and its workings
Jugga is OK as a coach IMO but can only work with the cattle he has and able to recruit ( afford )
Been a lack of Juniors by numbers and Quality coming through for many years before Jugga took the top job so not his direct fault
Brooksy and Rob Clos( and some tireless workers) have done a great job in getting the club in a good position on the books and would not over spend when they did not have the cash.
The club from what I can gather is debt free unlike a lot of other clubs and has the intention to stay that way
The facilities are improving and change does not happen over night so can only hope that the change of board is for the good as the past is certainly not as bad as people paint the picture.
If this is not correct then since you have the information please enlighten us

Cheers

Sounds like someone on here is trying to defend ones self
Earthmover,
not defending myself as have nothing to defend
These are only my opinions and what I have seen
If Rootboy knows 100% that players are over paid then explain how he knows ect
Just asking some questions and putting MY thoughts out there

Cheers

"well" if you look at all the previous posts over the past two seasons regarding Kangaroo Flat,a common theme emerging from them is that Stevens,basically, cannot coach.They continue to chase the wrong players and pay them huge money,whilst the home grown product (limited in quality & numbers ,yes) are mostly disenchanted for lack of opportunity. Steven's coaching abilities was the core reason for the internal cue earlier this year when Brooks and Coy got chucked out. For all of Brooksy's failings he was on the money in this instance.

You are right on the money, very average players paid well above the odds in a lot of cases

Button (retired),Threllfall,Findlay(Nth Bgo),Ketterer,Nicolson (Charlton),Wellington(Marong),Moore,Wust,Archibold(suspended/overseas),Filo(Shep),Craig,Thompson,Ryan twins(VFL),West(I'wood)..."G" train has recommitted to stay,but there are apparent whispers he still could be on the move.That's a possible 16 with at least half are confirmed as leaving. May be even some more too to add to list of departures.

I've also heard quite a few of the reserves fringe players aren't staying either. Numbers will be scarce and all for the same reason! (the senior coach) Monaghan does not mix well at all. He wouldn't even know the names of most reserves played let alone speak to them! As for his style of play that's a completely different issue. In my opinion his game plans are terrible - sideways, backwards short kicking stop start football. Eaglehawk should've shown him the door a long time ago!

I've also heard quite a few of the reserves fringe players aren't staying either. Numbers will be scarce and all for the same reason! (the senior coach) Monaghan does not mix well at all. He wouldn't even know the names of most reserves played let alone speak to them! As for his style of play that's a completely different issue. In my opinion his game plans are terrible - sideways, backwards short kicking stop start football. Eaglehawk should've shown him the door a long time ago!
"You said it"! It will be a long, long season for the Borough boys all to some "short sighted" thinking from the club's hierarchy.Whitfort couldn't run a tap much less a football club.He showed how weak he is by listening to Monaghan's henchmen,the ones" he hangs out with all the time.

"You said it"! It will be a long, long season for the Borough boys all to some "short sighted" thinking from the club's hierarchy.Whitfort couldn't run a tap much less a football club.He showed how weak he is by listening to Monaghan's henchmen,the ones" he hangs out with all the time.
Wasnt this said about Monahan when there was a mass exodus 2 years ago in the preseason, yet they made finals, he must be something right to still be there

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FNL 2017

Back