List Mgmt. Best 22 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, so after 1 day of pre season training that's the case?

Both will need time to develop.

Griffiths will play round 1

The hype on this bloke has now reached ridiculous levels.
Yes talls take longer, but Griff finally had a break out game in his seventh season when he kicked 5 against the Swans, only to revert immediately to the same mediocre levels for the reminder of the season and didn't impact this season.
nastytiger hit the nail on the head. Our forward line is based on defensive pressure and this guy offers none and is a poor set shot for goal. We have moved past guys like Griffiths and 'Hands on Hips' Hampson who offer token resistance. Into his ninth season and barely half dozen good games to his nme ... NEXT!
I'd be scouring the opposition or our own ranks (Moore, CCJ, Balta, Miller) for another Nankervis, as that is THE STANDARD. Nank put the likes of Griff, Hampson, Elton and Vickery to shame and showed what effort is.

CEllis was found out against the Cats in our last loss for the year. He doesn’t apply enough pressure and still lacks the strength to keep his feet and balance when he’s under the pump. It’s a laugh how I continue to see his name thrown into our best 22. He’s a back up player at best and is probably our 30th man at best. Conca is just ahead of him and his unreliability with fitness as well as poor disposal puts him behind blokes like Markov Short Bolton Miles Lloyd and even some of our draftees. The new RFC waits for no one and this is why blokes like Lambert Rioli Butler George Broad and Graham went passed these blokes. We play the best 22 not the sentimental 22 which happened for years with blokes like Chaplin Morris Hampson TV Griffo Conca Newman and all those spuds ( Azza Miller Hunt etc) DH continued to play before Balme and Caracella got there .
It’s a cut throat industry as Lennon found out and switched on FD that get success constantly make the tough calls and rotate the list annually.
Enjoy the year guys and get excited about Callum Moore.

Great post mate ... we need to let go of the fascination with ordinary first round picks and play the better player ... and we have a dozen better than CEllis in the Twos.

The hype on this bloke has now reached ridiculous levels.
Yes talls take longer, but Griff finally had a break out game in his seventh season when he kicked 5 against the Swans, only to revert immediately to the same mediocre levels for the reminder of the season and didn't impact this season.
nastytiger hit the nail on the head. Our forward line is based on defensive pressure and this guy offers none and is a poor set shot for goal. We have moved past guys like Griffiths and 'Hands on Hips' Hampson who offer token resistance. Into his ninth season and barely half dozen good games to his nme ... NEXT!
I'd be scouring the opposition or our own ranks (Moore, CCJ, Balta, Miller) for another Nankervis, as that is THE STANDARD. Nank put the likes of Griff, Hampson, Elton and Vickery to shame and showed what effort is.
I think Griggs and Rioli put TV Griff Hampson Elton and Soldo to shame.

Oh, so after 1 day of pre season training that's the case?

Both will need time to develop.

Griffiths will play round 1

let's wait and see, the same queries and jokes were thrown at me last year when I said all of Garth, Bolton, Graham and Stengle would play senior footy.

Garth came into the club as the best 1 on 1 defender in jnr footy so it won't be long for him to break in.

CCJ is rated as the best contested Mark in Jr footy and is a good ruck so if fit would have him infront of Griffiths already

Balta is a 195 running machine who loves a contestcontest and if not at CHF could easily play wing.

Bailey is a freak and could play as well currently there is no competition for tall players as outside of Dave, Rance, Jack and Nank we had noneand now we have 3 that could all slot in.

Higgins will be a gun but faces the toughest competition for a space in the teambased on the quality if our smalls.

Great post mate ... we need to let go of the fascination with ordinary first round picks and play the better player ... and we have a dozen better than CEllis in the Twos.

I think CEllis will prove you wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

let's wait and see, the same queries and jokes were thrown at me last year when I said all of Garth, Bolton, Graham and Stengle would play senior footy.

Garth came into the club as the best 1 on 1 defender in jnr footy so it won't be long for him to break in.

CCJ is rated as the best contested Mark in Jr footy and is a good ruck so if fit would have him infront of Griffiths already

Balta is a 195 running machine who loves a contestcontest and if not at CHF could easily play wing.

Bailey is a freak and could play as well currently there is no competition for tall players as outside of Dave, Rance, Jack and Nank we had noneand now we have 3 that could all slot in.

Higgins will be a gun but faces the toughest competition for a space in the teambased on the quality if our smalls.

I have a real feeling Higgins will replace either Butler or Castagna and be an upgrade in terms of general skill.

Why am I seeing Conca in best 22s? Am I missing something?
First round pick, guys hoping he justifies that selection lol

Bit like Jobe in my eyes, reckon he has it in him to make it, just going to take a little longer than most. Hope he turns out to be a gun for us, but liek you can't see it at the moment with all the talent coming in each year.

First round pick, guys hoping he justifies that selection lol

Bit like Jobe in my eyes, reckon he has it in him to make it, just going to take a little longer than most. Hope he turns out to be a gun for us, but liek you can't see it at the moment with all the talent coming in each year.
His body is cooked and he’s crap under pressure. No thanks.

I can't see much changing from a winning team and formula to start the year except for injuries (and Broad having a few weeks rest to begin the season). I'm also huge rap on Bolton being in the best 22 by the end of season, Higgins will also get game time and likely a first up run on a big stage. Depending ont he conditions we'll got with a smaller defensive runner or a tall marking target (Griff or Markov).

Hopefully by the end of season we have either CCJ or Balta pass Griffith in the pecking order. We know what we've got with Griffith, it's not consistent, it's rarely match winning or match defining.

B - Vlaustin, Rance, Grimes
HB - Houli, Astbury, Ellis
C - McIntosh, Cotchin, Grigg
HF - Lambert, Caddy, Edwards
F - Butler, Riewoldt, Rioli
FOL - Nankervis, Prestia, Martin
I/C - Graham, Bolton, Higgins, Garthwaite / Balta (in Broad's absence)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As you have said for the third straight season ........ on top of three straight seasons of telling me Lennon will prove me wrong ;)
This will be the first preseason that Ellis completes without an injury interruption since arriving at the club. As I mentioned last week in the Yellow and Black book Ellis was best on ground in a scratch match first week out of rehab last summer. The kid has the talent just needs a clean run at it.

Care to name the dozen players in the twos that are ahead of C.Ellis. I'd like to see how many are capable of playing the same roles that Ellis plays.

We now have a list of 45 players, excluding the 7 new players and the 22 in the Grand Final that leaves 16 players. Of those 16 players, we can exclude Chol Moore Griffiths Hampson Soldo & Garthwaite, which leaves 9 players to rattle of. Those 9 names are Stengle Bolton Short Miles Lloyd Conca Drummond Menadue & Markov. Drummond missed the year and Conca has been written off by the majority so safe to say we can exclude them. So it's fair to say that there are no more than 7 players that you could rate higher than C.Ellis. Not quite the dozen players is it, but it wouldn't be Big Footy without a little exaggeration to help make an point of view seem better.

As you have said for the third straight season ........ on top of three straight seasons of telling me Lennon will prove me wrong ;)

I knew you were going to bring up Lennon. So predictable.

Final playing list From AFL site: David Astbury, Noah Balta, Shai Bolton, Nathan Broad, Daniel Butler, Josh Caddy, Jason Castagna, Callum Coleman-Jones, Reece Conca, Trent Cotchin, Nathan Drummond, Shane Edwards, Brandon Ellis, Corey Ellis, Ryan Garthwaite, Jack Graham, Ben Griffiths, Shaun Grigg, Dylan Grimes, Shaun Hampson, Jack Higgins, Bachar Houli, Kane Lambert, Sam Lloyd, Oleg Markov, Dustin Martin, Kamdyn McIntosh, Connor Menadue, Anthony Miles, Benjamin Miller, Patrick Naish, Toby Nankervis, Dion Prestia, Alex Rance, Jack Riewoldt, Daniel Rioli, Jayden Short, Ivan Soldo, Jacob Townsend, Nick Vlastuin

Looking at our list, it’s really hard to see where the delistings will come from next year. Most years, I could probably Guess ahead of time who wouldn’t make the cut. Its a great sign that this year it is really hard to pick.

If I had to pick 5 players, I would wager on it being Conca, Drummond, Hampson, Lloyd and maybe Griffiths, but geez it’s not an easy call. Surely these guys will be playing for their careers

I knew you were going to bring up Lennon. So predictable.

As predictable as your hero worship and incessant cheerleading of Lennon?
Or are you afraid to admit I was right?
He's not on an AFL list for a reason, despite you proclaiming to all and sundry he was a great player!
CEllis will go the same way!

As predictable as your hero worship and incessant cheerleading of Lennon?
Or are you afraid to admit I was right?
He's not on an AFL list for a reason, despite you proclaiming to all and sundry he was a great player!
CEllis will go the same way!

Incessant? I backed off in the second half of the year.
It seems as though the Lennon naysayers were right.
CEllis is a different kettle of fish altogether.

Care to name the dozen players in the twos that are ahead of C.Ellis. I'd like to see how many are capable of playing the same roles that Ellis plays.

We now have a list of 45 players, excluding the 7 new players and the 22 in the Grand Final that leaves 16 players. Of those 16 players, we can exclude Chol Moore Griffiths Hampson Soldo & Garthwaite, which leaves 9 players to rattle of. Those 9 names are Stengle Bolton Short Miles Lloyd Conca Drummond Menadue & Markov. Drummond missed the year and Conca has been written off by the majority so safe to say we can exclude them. So it's fair to say that there are no more than 7 players that you could rate higher than C.Ellis. Not quite the dozen players is it, but it wouldn't be Big Footy without a little exaggeration to help make an point of view seem better.

Miles, Lloyd, Short, Menadue, Stengle, Bolton, Garthwaite, Drummond, Higgins (yes a new draftee is a better prospect than CEllis), Griffiths (not sure why you are excluding him ,,, I don't rate him but do higher than CEllis), Conca .... I was ne short. Eleven better.
Your argument is a joke, You do anything to omit names ... such as Conca doesn't count, because Big Footy wrote him off. It's like saying Astbury is the Tigers' best player but only beaus we are leaving out Brownlow medallists an onballers!

Incessant? I backed off in the second half of the year.
It seems as though the Lennon naysayers were right.
CEllis is a different kettle of fish altogether.

As quoted earlier ... CEllis is ordinary under pressure and doesn't apply enough himself.
He does not fit the mould.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Best 22 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back