Best 22 in 2014

B: M.Williams - N.Brown - A.Toovey
HB: M.Scharenberg - B.Reid - H.O'Brien
C: S.Sidebottom - L.Ball (VC) - T.Adams
HF: D.Beams - J.White - A.Fasolo
F: J.Elliott - T.Cloke - J.Blair

R: B.Grundy - S.Pendlebury (C) - D.Swan

INT: S.Dwyer - L.Keefe - B.Macaffer - SUB: J.Thomas

DEPTH - P.Seedsman - N.Maxwell - C.Young - B.Kennedy - P.Karnezis - T.Goldsack - Q.Lynch - T.Broomhead - B.Kennedy - B.Sinclair - J.Witts - N.Freeman - A.Oxley

Biggest concern is lack of pace across each line. Not many line breakers.

Broomhead, Seedsman and Freeman should all be in contention Round 1, Broomhead on a back flank, Seedsman on a wing and Freeman on a Forward Flank.

Great Depth though, really excited for the future with such a young list.

Best 22
Back M Scharenberg N Brown A Toovey
HBack S Sidebottom B Reid M Williams
Centre D Beams J Thomas T Adams
HForward N Freeman J White L Ball
Forward A Fasolo T Cloke J Elliot
Following: B Grundy S Pendlebery D Swan

Interchange P Seedsman, C Young, H Obrien, P Karnesis,

Depth T Broomhead, J Blair, S Dwyer, B Kennedy, K Martin, T Goldsack, B Macaffer, N Maxwell, J Ramsay, B Sinclair
Losses: D Thomas, H Shaw, J Paine

Gains: M Scharenberg, N Freeman, P Karnesis, T Adams, J White

B: M.Williams - N.Brown - A.Toovey
HB: M.Scharenberg - L.Keeffe - S.Sidebottom
C: D.Beams - J.Thomas - T.Adams
HF: D.Swan - T.Cloke - J.White
F: A.Fasolo - B.Reid - J.Elliot
R: B.Grundy - S.Pendlebury - L.Ball

B: B.Sinclair - P.Karnizis - J.Blair
S: N.Freeman

We have so much depth

B: Williams - Brown - Toovey
HB: Scharenberg - Keeffe - Young
C: Sidebottom - Beams - O'Brien
HF: Fasolo - Cloke - White
F: Blair - Reid - Elliot
R: Grundy - Pendlebury - Swan

INT: Adams, Seedsman, Thomas S: Freeman

Goldsack I'd really love to squeeze in. Look at the depth in Dwyer, Macaffer, Witts, Lynch, Hudson, Oxley, Kennedy, Broomhead and Sinclair.

Going to be white hot to get a guernsey.

FB: Williams Brown Toovey
HB: Seedsman Keeffe Scharenberg
C: Young Ball Sidebottom
HF: White Reid Swan
FF: Elliott Cloke Fasolo
R: Grundy Beams Pendles
I/C : Adams O'Brien Karnezis Sub: Thomas

Watching an interview with the Seed he says that he's really going to be focusing on the defensive side of his game over the pre-season. Watch him and Shazza cement themselves next year and become one of the best Half back combos in the next 10 years

FB: Williams Brown Toovey
HB: Seedsman Keeffe Scharenberg
C: Young Ball Sidebottom
HF: White Reid Swan
FF: Elliott Cloke Fasolo
R: Grundy Beams Pendles
I/C : Adams O'Brien Karnezis Sub: Thomas

Watching an interview with the Seed he says that he's really going to be focusing on the defensive side of his game over the pre-season. Watch him and Shazza cement themselves next year and become one of the best Half back combos in the next 10 years

like to see him work on his disposal efficiency too. great prospect but still bombs it too often.

B: Williams, Brown, Toovey
HB: Sharenberg, Keeffe, Sidebottom
C: O’Brien, Ball, Freeman
HF: Swan, Cloke, Fasolo
F: Elliot, Reid, White
R: Grundy, Pendlebury, Beams

Bench: Kennedy, Adams, Seedsman
Sub: Broomhead

-Decent amount of pace in that side, something that we will need if we are going to mitigate the departures of Shaw and Thomas.

-Broomhead and Freeman are interchangeable depending on who has better form; both are great runners who can play on a wing or a flank.

-Obviously a very young side, but there's a lot of class I think we were lacking in 2013. Senior players like Maxwell and Goldsack, while they are experienced, can be very unreliable by foot coming out of our backline.

Which 22 o_O

SEN

Williams Brown O'Brien
Seedsman Keeffe Toovey

Grundy Pendlebury Beams
Thomas Sidebottom Adams

Swan Reid Fasolo
White Cloke Elliott

Blair Ball Dwyer Scharenberg

RES

Armstrong Frost Maxwell
Broomhead Oxley Langdon

Witts Macaffer Karnezis
Young Goldsack Sinclair

Freeman Marsh Mooney
Kennedy Lynch Martin

Clarke Hudson Ramsay Yagmoor
reckon you're spot on but I'd swap Caff with Dwyer.

I'll have a go.​
FB: ---Toovey---Keeffe---Oxley---​
HB: ---Schara---Brown---Williams---​
C: -----Swan----Beams---Seedsman---​
Fol: ---Grundy----Ball-----Pendlebury--​
HF: ---Adams-----Reid---Sidebottom--​
FF: ---Karnezis---Cloke----Elliott------​
Int: White, Macaffer, O'Brien, Fasolo​
We have done fantastically well out of the draft. But it shouldn't gloss over the fact that we have seen an enormous amount of experience and talent jettisoned from the side. We will see a distinct shift in personnel this season and I think our future success relies heavily on getting game time into our promising younger players. We need to be getting players such as Adams, Schara, Keeffe, Elliott, Fasolo, Seedsman (among others) into that 40-60 game range. We are fortunate that we have such a good core of established, experienced players to allow these guys time to learn.​
Backline -​
In a similar vein to the year we had Maxwell, O'Brien, Shaw and Toovey come into the side and dramatically change our defensive mix, this year I see big changes afoot. The loss of Shaw was the first hint of this, Hines drafting picking up two defenders and elevating another confirms this approach. I think we will see a shift towards taller, rebounding players such as Oxley, Schara, Langdon and Seedsman see plenty of action. The backline listed above has only one player sub 188cm (Williams) and with the injection of Oxley and Schara has boosted intercept marking ability and should have more precision rebound. It is raw but I think has a good mix. This year we will be building a new unit back there and it will take time to gel.​
Midfield -​
The midfield will remain very similar to years past but we have added some serious depth and additional talent. I think we will inject some extra pace with Seedsman playing a more advanced role on a wing (with scope to move back). He needs to be getting games over Young. Freeman too may get a look in. We will rotate some other quality players in there that are new to the side such as Adams and Thomas (although not listed in this 22) will see plenty of game time.​
Forward line -​
I think the forward line is another line that will see a big overhaul. We structure up really well with Reid and Cloke in the key positions. This provides a great structure to build around but ultimately it has been the smalls and mediums that have lacked punch recently. Elliott is dangerous out of a pocket. I think Rusty needs to switch back to half forward as he is a creative provider, finds space, kicks goals and can crumb. Karnezis will add some height and is another that can impact the scoreboard. I have Adams on the half forward line (he will be part of the midfield rotation) because I want to see players that are competitive one on one and dangerous around goal. I would not be surprised to see guys like Swan, Beams and Ball rested here during the year. White will offer us another tall marking target but I think will be icing rather than a key component. What he offers us is the flexibility to send Reid back if required.​
Rucks -​
Grundy is the man. White and Lynch will be fighting it out as his relief but White should be favoured form permitting. Hudson will be a nominated rookie and will provide Grundy a break during the season.​
Bench -​
Everyone is leaving Macaffer out of their 22's but I see him as a key player. He will be our number one tagger. He has the flexibility to move forward to provide a defensive role but is still a dangerous player forward of the ball. He is the sort of player you need to balance the team. I picked O'Brien as he adds dash and another defensive option. Fasolo because he has so much talent and I would love to see it realised. We need to persist with him.​
I won't go into our depth in detail but we do have some quality there. I don't think it runs as deep as some people suggest. The quality is there but the level of experience isn't. It's there in potential but it isn't hardened as of yet. That's the nature of rolling over the list so heavily every year.​

I'll have a go.​

Everyone is leaving Macaffer out of their 22's but I see him as a key player. He will be our number one tagger. He has the flexibility to move forward to provide a defensive role but is still a dangerous player forward of the ball. He is the sort of player you need to balance the team. I picked O'Brien as he adds dash and another defensive option. Fasolo because he has so much talent and I would love to see it realised. We need to persist with him.
i totally agree, very versatile, very solid build, not overly fast but not slow. In my opinion the second best tagger to crowley. Consistent tagger as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HollyFasolo that is the best team anyones posted yet.
Perfect.

I know right ... Keefe and Lynch should be included in depth aswell. Have a feeling the starting lineup could look like this with the exception of N Freeman (due to his efficiency, which will improve with our development systems) and possibly M Scharenberg and A Toovey (due to injury). Have read into Sesamoid and discussed this with my mother (who is a doctor) and from what I can asscertain the treatment for M Scharenberg could entail limited running and weight and stress training of his foot following extended rest.. I think Collingwood will be cautious on this. I believe many people underestimate how debilitating Sesamoid can be, it is similiar in nature to turf toe - reference Sandilands. With that being said, I think it is only in its early early stages and with rest and a proper orthopedic sole (can cost up to $800 but Collingwood will pay for this :) ) his looking at a starting 8 weeks into the season.

FB: Williams --- Brown --- Toovey
HB: Scharenberg --- Keeffe --- Seedsman
C: O'Brien --- Beams ---- Adams
HF: Fasolo --- Reid --- White
FF: Swan --- Cloke --- Elliott
R: Grundy --- Pendlebury --- Thomas
INT: Ball --- Macaffer --- Sidebottom
S:Blair
DEPTH: Kennedy, Sinclair, Dwyer, Goldsack, Martin, Karnezis, Lynch

Round 1.

B - Maxwell Brown Toovey
HB - Williams Keeffe Seedsman
C - O'Brien Swan Beams
HF - Fasolo Cloke Sidebottom
F - Elliott Reid White
R - Grundy Ball Pendlebury
INT - Adams Macaffer Blair Thomas

Shazza could Play if he get's some Pre-Season Game and Freeman could be the Sub with his X-Factor he can give

B: Goldsack Brown Williams
HB: Maxwell Keefe Toovey
C: O'Brien Beams Young
HF: Fasalo Cloke Sidebottom
F: Elliot Reid White
R: Grundy Pendlebury Swan
Int: Adams Ball Macaffer
S: Seedsman

If all fit, My best line up

B: Williams Brown Toovey

HB: Sharenberg Keefe O`Brien

C: Beams Ball Adams

HF: Sidebottom Cloke Elliott

F: Fasolo Reid Marsh

Int : White Freeman Seedsman Sub: Kennedy

Emerg: J.Thomas Dwyer Macaffer

Depth: Goldsack Blair Young Witts Lynch Karnezis K.Martin Oxley Frost Broomhead Langdon

Depth: Goldsack Blair Young Witts Lynch Karnezis K.Martin Oxley Frost Broomhead Langdon
Surely Thomas gets a game over Freeman...

What a shocker Maxy doesn't even get a run as depth.:p

B: Toovey, Keefe, Reid
HB: Seedsman, Brown, Williams
C: Beams, Pendlebury, O'Brien
HF: Sidebottom, Cloke, Thomas
F: Fasolo, White, Billy

Fol: Grundy, Swan, Ball
Int: Lynch, Adams, Scharenberg, Freeman​

Changes from my pre-draft team:
IN: Scharenberg, Freeman
OUT: Young, Martin

B Toovey, Brown, Williams,
HB Seedsman, Keefe, Macaffer,
C O'brien, Swan, Young,
HF Sidebottom, Cloke, Fasolo
FF White, Reid, Elliot
Fol: Grundy, Pendlebury, Beams
Int: Ball, Sinclair, Thomas, Scharenberg

and the good news is.. I can't fit in... Goldsack, Maxwell, Clarke, Lynch, Adams, Dwyer, Kennedy, Martin, Broomhead, Witts, Oxley, Freeman, Blair, Frost, Karnezis... etc etc... we have some amazing depth!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Best 22 for 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back