Preview Best 22 in 2012 (minus draftees)

Remove this Banner Ad

Something like this for round 1 assuming no Mundy and Morabito and Lower.

FB: Suban Dawson Silvani
HB: Duffield McPharlin McPhee
C: Mzungu Barlow Hill
HF: De Boer Pavlich Ballantyne
FF: Mellington Bradley Mayne
RUC: Sandilands Fyfe Broughton
INT: Clarke Johnson Ibbotson
SUB: Neale

Guys is this roughly how you think your team will line up round 1 against the Cats? Looks pretty strong and hopefully a you can knock off the Cats ( though wont be easy!)
Also - I cant believe your $1.90 to make the final 8 and am tempted to have a BIG go at that price. Its a big call but Im going to say if you can win one of your first 2 games (geelong at home then sydney in sydeny - tough start) then i think you should play finals this year. Good luck for 2012 - Ill be watching with vested interest!! :)
edit: injuries permitting of course - i think this is what killed you late last year.

This is the team I'd like to see line up round 1.

FB: ibbo. Dawson SNOS

HB: broughts maca McPhee

C: hill mundy. Mzungu

HF: mello pav. De boer

FF: Clarke Anthony ballas

Ruck: sandi Barlow fyfe

res: crowley Pearce Bradley sub: neale

Given who has been getting games in preseason and who is injured.

Round 1:

McPhee Dawson Grover
Ibbotson McPharlin Duffield
Hill Mundy Mzungu
DeBoer Pavlich Ballantyne
Anthony Bradley Mayne

Sandilands Fyfe Broughton

Int: Clarke Crowley Pearce Sub: Barlow

I think Ross Lyon was really impressed with how Grover stepped in in the absence of Johnson and McPharlin and did a job. I don't think Johnson will be right for round 1. So he's a round 1 injury omission. I don't think Suban has done enough this preseason to be ahead of Ibbotson, Duffield and McPhee as the running defenders. I think we'll see a lot of our midfielders getting back into defence to run the ball out ala Crowley, Hill, Broughton, Mzungu who are all super fit running machines.

The defensive zone looked very solid against Hawthorn in the 2nd half. The only change will be McPharlin for Faulks. Silvagni has failed to play a game all preseason and has predominantly played forward in the WAFL prac matches he's had. Can't see him being an automatic inclusion round 1, though i'd prefer him to either Johnson or Grover in the backline. Wonder if he's envisioned to be the player putting pressure on Anthony/Bradley as the 3rd tall forward.

Broughton will play midfield until Barlow, Mundy and Fyfe are completely fit. Then when round 3 comes around Lower will probably start in the WAFL and put massive pressure on the 22. Pearce and Broughton spots in the midfield are most at risk. If Broughton is moved to defence, i can see Duffield, Ibbotson and McPhee having a few sleepless nights. With Lower, Barlow, Fyfe and Mundy fit probably around round 5-6. I can see Ballantyne being moved forward again.

Forgot about Neale and Morabito; Gonna be hard to get past this midfield selection, Mundy, Barlow, Fyfe, Hill, Ballantyne, Mzungu, Broughton, Crowley Lower.

Final best 22 presuming no injuries for the year:

Silvagni Dawson Broughton
McPhee McPharlin Suban
Hill Mundy Mzungu
Morabito Pavlich DeBoer
Ballantyne Bradley Anthony
Sandilands Fyfe Barlow

Int: Clarke Ibbotson Neale SUB: Mellington

Final best 22 presuming no injuries for the year:

Silvagni Dawson Broughton
McPhee McPharlin Suban
Hill Mundy Mzungu
Morabito Pavlich DeBoer
Ballantyne Bradley Anthony
Sandilands Fyfe Barlow

Int: Clarke Ibbotson Neale SUB: Mellington

This is about it for me also after preseason except not sure about Suban and would have lower around HB before Ibbo. Really though, someone needs to put their hand up with the kicking in duties this year. Might be Suban, Broughton, or Ibbo. Likely not Paul '10 min to kick' Duffield

Better put Crowley in your teams, glaring oversight if he's not included.

I'm thinking he'll be a definite IN until Lower is available; then the pressure will be on.

Most of the players who have been able to get away with poor performances in the past will come under pressure this season. I hope...

Better put Crowley in your teams, glaring oversight if he's not included.

yeah, but for who? I would have Crowls before Ibbo and Suban, particularly if we needed a tagger for a specific player, but as I said, Lower is to come back in and Lower has been one of the few in the past with any level of desperation when the chips are down. Preseason's one thing and so is impressing the new coach, but some of the players in the past, Crowls inc. have gone missing when we get behind on the scoreboard and haven't seemed overly fussed when we lose - more focused on getting back to the Raffles for a catch up with mates and the ladies. Impressing Ross in the preseason is one thing. What transpires in the H&A is another.

Our Round 1 Side

B: Duffield, Silvagni, Grover/Dawson

HB: Johnson, McPharlin, McPhee

C: Fyfe, Broughton, Hill

HF: DeBoer, Pavlich, Ballantyne

FF: Anthony, Bradley, Mayne/Mellington

Ruck: Sandilands, Mundy, Barlow

INT(From): Mzungu, Crowley, Ibbotson, Clarke, Suban, Pearce, Spurr

According to my calculations this means that we have at least 5 very solid depth players at this very moment. And that's not even including Morabito, Lower and Neale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Best 22 in 2012 (minus draftees)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back