Unofficial Preview Best 22! Who’s in the team Round 1, 2023?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morris blanck scrimshaw
Hardwick Sicily cj
Amon worpel ward
Moore green/rama mcdonald
Bruest Lewis reeves

Meek duke Stephens

Day dgb Morrison wingard McGuinness

FB:Hardwick, Blanck, Jiath
HB:Scrimshaw, Sicily , McKenzie
W: Day, Worpel , Amon
HF: Wingard, Kosi, Moore
FF: C-Mac, Lewis, Bruest
R: Reeves, Nuke, Ward
E: Meek, Finn, Impey, Butler, Frost/Dgb.

I hope this isn't the case, a top 6 pick going into his 3rd year in a poor side really should be forcing his way into the 22.

Not sure about round 1, but after about five or so rounds I would love to see:

FB: Morris, Blanck, DGB
HB: CJ, Sicily, Hardwick
W: Day, Nuke, Amon
HF: Breust, Wingard, Moore
FF: C-Mac, Lewis, Reeves
R: Meek, McKenzie, Ward
Int: Scrimshaw, Finn, Impey, Butler, Worpel

Emerg: Weddle, Nash, Kosi, Lynch, Morrison, Brock

This would have a midfield rotation of Nuke, McKenzie, Ward, Finn, Worpel, Day, C-Mac, Wingard, Moore and potentially Hardwick. We would have Day, Amon and Scrimmers on the wing (love for Weddle to be pushing there).

It is a bit short in the forward line (using the resting ruck there), but I couldn't see who else I wanted to leave out. I feel to become the premiership team we need players like Butler/Brock/Impey forcing out Breust and Wingard and the tall utilities coming in who can pinch hit as key forwards (thinking Weddle, Long types).

So many ifs / buts / maybes…..

B: Hardwick Blanck Morrison
HB: DGB Frost CJ
C: Amon Newcombe Day
HF: Wingard Lewis Moore
F: Bruest Meek Scrimshaw

R: Reeves Sicily Ward

I: Maginness C. McDonald Impey Stephens Nash

E: Worpel McKenzie Weddle Kozi

Others: Jeka, Butler, Brockman, Ramsden, Bramble, Morris, Lynch, Long, B. McDonald, Hustwaite, O’Sullivan + rookies

Last edited:
I hope this isn't the case, a top 6 pick going into his 3rd year in a poor side really should be forcing his way into the 22.

Agreed, i think It will happen as soon as his body develops enough to cover the ground and physically hold his ground in a contest as KPP consistently.

A Big preseason shapes for his career, plenty of KPP have taken time to develop into stars Hawkins,Weitering,King's and some have failed Patton,Boyd,Schake.

Best 23 in 2023 - New rule 4 + 1 on the bench.

B: Hardwick, Blanck, Weddle
HB: Sicily, DGB, Day
C:. Jiath, Jai, Amon
HF: Breust, Jeka, Wingard
F: Moore, Lewis, Brockman
Foll: Ned, Worpel, Ward

IC: Meek, Scrimshaw, CMac, Kozi, Finn.

That's going to be one tough team to beat.

Emerge + Depth : Stephens, Butler, Impey, Bramble, Lynch, MacKenzie, Husthwait, Frost, Morris, Nash, Morrison, Serong, Ramsden.

Tough to get AFL game time: S.Mitchell, O’Sullivan, Humphries, F Greene.

Amazing that our competition for spots is strong enough we've got a Pick 6 struggling to make the bench! I back DGB in to really nail his chances this year, though.

It's impossible to pick. Average age of 22. It really comes down to which kid is in the best form during the pre season games.
It would be a legit question to ask if any AFL squad has had the turnover of players in a 2/3 year span as what the Hawks have just done?

It's exciting but also scary at the same time. I look at the teams being theorised on this forum and I honestly probably wouldn't recognise half of the players if I met them down the street 😂

Considering the Cats just won the premiership with the oldest list ever (I think) we are certainly zigging whilst other teams are zagging!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's impossible to pick. Average age of 22. It really comes down to which kid is in the best form during the pre season games.
Do we officially have #youf yet?

If we get any younger, we're gonna need a team bus for Game Day as half the list won't be licensed to drive to The 'G'...

Sounds like a good team selection strategy for round 1 regardless of age.

Impey Frost Blanck
CJ Sicily Hardwick

Amon Worpel Day

Bruest Kozi Macdonald
Moore Lewis Wingard

Reeves Newcombe Ward

DGB Morrison Stevens Maginness Scrimma

B: Hardwick, Blanck, Morris
HB: Sicily, DGB, CJ
C:. Day, Newk, Amon
HF: Moore, Jeka, Wingard
F: Breust, Lewis, Greene
Foll: Reeves, Worpel, Ward

IC: Meek, Scrimshaw, Impey, Kozi, Finn.

EM: FROM - Stephens, Bramble, Frost, Brockman, Morrison, Nash, Lynch, Butler, CMac

How the hell can we squeeze Cmac, cmac, newcombe, Ward, Stephens, Worpel, Weddle and Hustwaite into 1 midfield? That's not including wings either, I can't leave any out.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Don't forget Bramble down back. Simpson specifically mentioned him in the afl.com interview.

B: Hardwick, Blanck, Weddle
HB: CJ, DGB, Sicily
C:. Jai, Amon, Day
HF: Moore, Kosi, Wingard
F: Meek, Lewis, Scrim
Foll: Ned, Nash, Ward
IC: CMac, Stevens, Finn, Worpel, McKenzie (sub)
Em: Frost, Impey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back