C: Sidebottom, Crisp, J.Daicos

HF: Schultz, Mihocek, McCreery

FF: Hill, Mcstay, Elliot

R: Cameron, N.Daicos, De Goey

INT: WHE, Cox, Lipinski, Mitchell, Pendlebury

Emerg: Frampton, Membrey, E.Allan

Last edited:

McStay an option to play CHB?
I'd doubt it. Honestly seems more likely that you could move Mihocek and not harm the forward line structure, but I think he's a little long in the tooth to be picking up a new position at AFL level.

Membrey could theoretically replace a bunch of Mihocek's output, but he absolutely can't do what McStay does, and neither can anyone else on our list. He takes big contested clunks, and he brings the ball down the advantage of our small forwards better than anyone else on the list.

Allan needs to be given games IMO. Even if he’s performances are below the guy he’s replacing ie Sidebottom, Lipinski, WHE.

He’s not going to develop properly simply playing VFL and not being able to string games together at AFL level. That’s before even worrying about him getting itchy feet.
And stop playing him on a wing! At both VFL and AFL level, Allan needs to be played in the centre square. Its his best position and we need to fast-track his development there so that he's a real chance to take over once the likes of Pendles, Mitchell and Sidey sail off into retirement.

Looking at everyone’s sides and I have an expectation that Allan and Parker will be stepping up a level this year, it’s easy to see why Noble and Richards left.

Houston, Perryman and (Membrey back up for injuries) are huge ins.

The best team is very hard to pick.

Steene and Smit will be a good development watch too.

It’s going to be a fun year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Allan needs to be given games IMO. Even if he’s performances are below the guy he’s replacing ie Sidebottom, Lipinski, WHE.

He’s not going to develop properly simply playing VFL and not being able to string games together at AFL level. That’s before even worrying about him getting itchy feet.

Why would we choose to be a bit worse in 2025 in the hope that it might make us a bit better in 2026?

I would play allan ahead of lipinksi, it is clear that the only way for him to improve is by playing in the senior side.
Also I hope IQ comes back just a little bit leaner, will help enhance the speed of our backline with the addition of houston.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best 23 in 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back