Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Yep, like Robbie Tarrant perhaps?

Robbie wanted to leave and he'd been a great servant of the club. We miss him this year, but it wouldn't have made any difference to our ladder position (well, perhaps an extra win and slightly better percentage).

I could be wrong on this, but I get the impression he hasn't been great at Richmond, and perhaps will struggle to hold his spot in the 22 next year.

So, Tarrant is not really the answer. Hurn would be a better option for us for 2023-24.

Hurn was pretty poor earlier in the year but the last month or 2 has been quite good. Not sure why WC would get rid of him when he's still playing well

because he's a million years old, they have a number of 30+ players vying for a limited number of spots and the backline is relatively strong, even without him.

because he's a million years old, they have a number of 30+ players vying for a limited number of spots and the backline is relatively strong, even without him.
Seems just perfect for Geelong’s list demographic then (like what others have mentioned before) :p

I'd be surprised if he's not at West Coast next year.

so would I but some hard decisions need to be made and the backline is still relatively strong without hurn. there are going to be some list changes in the 30+ cohort, whether that is retirements / trades / delistings.

I'm so old I haven't ever sent a nude, not even to the wife.

Closest I have come is when I rang her to tell her to grab milk on way home, and she said "Too late, I'm only 2 streets from home".

So I said, "You're not going to believe this - there is a crack in the middle window of the bay window out the front" and then I ran to the bay window and chucked a brown-eye waiting for her to pull into the drive.

Unfortunately she didn't tell me she had her mum with her. So never sent a nude per se, but have analogued a nude to wife and mother in law.
Pics or GTFO

Well there's a number of other older players who have played worse than him so they should be chopped before him

It would be a signal of a tsunami of changes to come if West Coast did a 180 on Hurn playing on in 2023 to not offering him a contract. Roughly half their list is out of contract, including their captain and their ladder position means they can get great return from free agency compensation.

If they've internally decided to turn over most of their list over the next few years it will be a huge story. My expectation is West Coast will do what it needs to do to maintain competitive standings and fill the stadium and not draw down on the cash in the bank too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbie wanted to leave and he'd been a great servant of the club. We miss him this year, but it wouldn't have made any difference to our ladder position (well, perhaps an extra win and slightly better percentage).

I could be wrong on this, but I get the impression he hasn't been great at Richmond, and perhaps will struggle to hold his spot in the 22 next year.

So, Tarrant is not really the answer. Hurn would be a better option for us for 2023-24.
He's been awesome for us. A slowish start maybe, but every chance to storm home for a top five finish in the B&F. Not sure what happens next year - depends on Grimes' body, and what they decide to do with Balta.

He's been awesome for us. A slowish start maybe, but every chance to storm home for a top five finish in the B&F. Not sure what happens next year - depends on Grimes' body, and what they decide to do with Balta.

Glad to hear it. He always looked a good fit for Richmond (once it became clear he was going there). I just heard some discontented murmurs early on.

Glad to hear it. He always looked a good fit for Richmond (once it became clear he was going there). I just heard some discontented murmurs early on.

Think the system took some time to adjust to. But he was probably best on for us vs North and Freo.

I've liked him at the Tigers too. Just needed to have reasonable expectations, I was confused when people were coming on here shitting on him.

He's done all that's been asked.

Tigers have a clique that are never satisfied. Clique will go players for
Lack of pace
Accumulation of Age
Failing to accumulate 30+ @100% efficiency and
Gaining less than 2000m per quarter

Clique want roughly 5+ changes to the side per week, the coach sacked. They believe something disastrous about D. Martin.

They are as dumb as the whole team that concocted the tank to LolNorth the other week.

Who's the disgraced player manager who's been boasting of getting $1k a week for providing items about footy players to the hun's gossip columns? Toot toot!
How pointy are his elbows?

Who's the disgraced player manager who's been boasting of getting $1k a week for providing items about footy players to the hun's gossip columns? Toot toot!
What's the form like in getting down wid da Skanky Ho's?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back