Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Haha. No he didn’t nor did he okay in Melbourne’s 2000 grand final side

Alister grew up in Penguin on the north-west coast of Tasmania and spent a decade as a sports journalist before initially joining the Grandstand team in Brisbane in 2011.
That was Matt Nicholson

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oops, my bad. Wrong guy.

Dusty was sighted today masked up at a home open in broadbeach.
richmond to get our third rounder and future fourth rounder for the trade.
Probably not even true that he was sighted at an open house, but - he has a pretty decent property portfolio. He is making all the right moves off-field to set him him for yearly returns beyond his current AFL salary. So, I wouldn't be surprised if he was sighted there just adding some more brick and mortar to his hip pocket.

Probably not even true that he was sighted at an open house, but - he has a pretty decent property portfolio. He is making all the right moves off-field to set him him for yearly returns beyond his current AFL salary. So, I wouldn't be surprised if he was sighted there just adding some more brick and mortar to his hip pocket.

Say what you will about Ralph Carr but the way he's helped Dusty capitalise financially on being the biggest star in the game and set himself up for life is impressive.

Say what you will about Ralph Carr but the way he's helped Dusty capitalise financially on being the biggest star in the game and set himself up for life is impressive.
You don't have to smart to set yourself up, just be willing to listen to good advice. Richo a perfect example, he doesn't have to work if he wants to quit his special comments gig tomorrow. Gia another one.

You don't have to smart to set yourself up, just be willing to listen to good advice. Richo a perfect example, he doesn't have to work if he wants to quit his special comments gig tomorrow. Gia another one.
Both absolutely correct. Ralph Carr has provided Dusty with excellent advice that will let him do whatever he wants once the game goes past him. I know a few of the Carlton boys followed Juddy's investment advice while he was at the club (Murph, Gibbs in particular) so I wonder where that has landed Murphy. I know he has a very nice place in Cremorne as I've seen him/his partner there - which is probably as exclusive as it gets in terms of Victorian suburbs and outperforms any salary opportunities that he would've been afforded in his career. So he must be doing well. Shame Gibbs pissed it all away on the sports betting apps, similar fate to many past players I'm sure.

Football agents get a raw deal in the media. I deal with some and have seen examples of where when a player goes right off the rails, they will pay off their debts and try and get their affairs in order at their own expense. Sometimes its hundreds of thousands of dollars. A good agent usually sets up his player for life.

Bit of column A, bit of column B for mine.

Yes, he clearly has issues - there is no disputing that and good on him for publicly stating it.

However, the amount of interviews and mini documentaries that come out about him, his situation and departure from Collingwood is excessive in my opinion (and I don't feel like I'm alone)
Unfortunately he didn't like being called out, the rumour out of the Pies from my source, that Treloar just couldn't take criticism of his game, I think a few senior boys had enough of his sooking when called out about his onfield stuff.

The leadership group was told mid year (with constant dialogue though the year) that someone with a big deal will need to leave or take a massive cut.

By the end of it, Treloar was the one that needed to go.

I understand he has mental health issues, which I wouldn't wish on anyone but this is a business sport and these things happen. It'll happen more in the coming years for clubs due to COVID.

Unfortunately he didn't like being called out, the rumour out of the Pies from my source, that Treloar just couldn't take criticism of his game, I think a few senior boys had enough of his sooking when called out about his onfield stuff.

The leadership group was told mid year (with constant dialogue though the year) that someone with a big deal will need to leave or take a massive cut.

By the end of it, Treloar was the one that needed to go.

I understand he has mental health issues, which I wouldn't wish on anyone but this is a business sport and these things happen. It'll happen more in the coming years for clubs due to COVID.

Makes sense, he threw a fit on 360 due to the narrive of him being a bad kick. Probably because his good kicks were good but his bad kicks ended up in the stands

Football agents get a raw deal in the media. I deal with some and have seen examples of where when a player goes right off the rails, they will pay off their debts and try and get their affairs in order at their own expense. Sometimes its hundreds of thousands of dollars. A good agent usually sets up his player for life.

I am naive so tell me, why would an agent do this? To keep getting business from new players knowing the agent will look after them?

There's been a lot of posters with sources and those who are "in the know" who have had a lot of criticisms of Treloar since he left. Very few who had a lot of info to share while he was still at Collingwood :think: Glad it has ended up well for Adam, top of the ladder instead of entrenched in 14th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am naive so tell me, why would an agent do this? To keep getting business from new players knowing the agent will look after them?
I Imagine they don't miss out long term... I imagine any money they use to pay off debts, they would get back (in payment plans) from future contracts...

I also imagine it would mean players are likely to stay with that agent rather than move... And the player may need the agent after playing days in future jobs, which agents actually get a higher % from memory...

And also in the end, players/people in the industry talk, so if an agent goes above and beyond for his player, no doubt it helps bring in more players in the future...

As much as it's great they bail out people when they dont have to, I imagine it also makes sense business wise...

That's not a criticism at all by the way.

plenty of reasons, but a lot of agents also have personal relationships with the players as well. And it doesnt hurt their word of mouth in getting other players too. But The agents i know seem genuine

Yep, was a demanding prick to play with, but has spent a large part of his time since crossing to West Coast on trying to soften his approach to transition into coaching. With the way Box Hill is travelling and the development of players there, it seems to be working.
The players are softening as Mitchell is as well?

Have you thought that bit through?

No one had any of this great info about not liking being called out or being unliked by his teammates prior to him being traded? These ”sources” weren’t previously aware of these traits?

No one had any of this great info about not liking being called out or being unliked by his teammates prior to him being traded? These ”sources” weren’t previously aware of these traits?
This is pretty standard stuff. Every football club has players that are doing the wrong things or that aren’t liked but people who are aware of these things don’t publicize it because there’s no reason to dump on players that wear your jumper.

I’m still perplexed on how Collingwood imploded over the Treloar trade.

Just publicly come out and say Adam served us with total commitment and class during his time at the Pies however due to some impending salary cap pressures we have to unfortunately part ways. We wish him all the best at his new club.

Not that hard

I’m still perplexed on how Collingwood imploded over the Treloar trade.

Just publicly come out and say Adam served us with total commitment and class during his time at the Pies however due to some impending salary cap pressures we have to unfortunately part ways. We wish him all the best at his new club.

Not that hard
I mean, when you put it like that is seems pretty simple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back