Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you think a kid picked in the 50’s would walk into any of these teams you have no clue.
Like Jack Graham?

Like Jack Graham?
Would Graham really walk into every teams best 22? I think hes a decent player but probably not the best comparison

The only reason he won’t play a game is because he’s going to have to break into the greatest side of the modern era. He’d walk into weaker teams like Freo, Collingwood, North, etc.
I saw Maurice Rioli Jnr at a grocery store in Darwin on Tuesday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I saw Maurice Rioli Jnr at a grocery store in Darwin on Tuesday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
What a pity, Toby.

I heard a rumour that Richmond supporters can’t enjoy even frivolous threads without injecting their team into every one on the off chance people missed whatever the hell they did.

This thread is for rumours, not proven facts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti's guardian/mum actively controls his bank accounts and monitors his spending. Walla is more than capable in this regard, but mum is a bit of a control freak and can be overbearing. Her behaviour at times, including on game day has previously created some headaches within the club. So much was that when Irving Mosquito arrived at the club, he was offered the opportunity to live with Walla, but he caught wind of all of this and turned the opportunity down.

Last edited:
Another Ablett Snr story (not a rumour so much) by Adrian Hickmott, former Geelong/Carlton player, told to a group I was in at a bar, many years ago.

The story went something like they were standing around on Kardinia Park at the start of training. Gary grabbed a footy and pointed to 2 open wheelie bins about 50 metres away outside the fence. He proceeded to kick the ball right-footed and it landed in one of the bins. The boys couldn’t believe it.

Gary said nothing, grabbed another footy and pointed to the bins again, and then proceeded to kick it left-footed, landing it in the other bin.

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti's guardian/mum actively controls his bank accounts and monitors his spending. Walla is more than capable in this regard, but mum is a bit of a control freak and can be overbearing. Her behaviour at times, including on game day has previously created some headaches within the club. So much was that when Irving Mosquito arrived at the club, he was offered the opportunity to live with Walla, but he caught wind of all of this and turned the opportunity down.
Quality. See this is what this thread needs more of, and less sniping. Happy Friday.

A relative knew Brocky a bit, so I met him once and come to think of it he had a firm grip.

A prominent Melbourne accountant I had dealings with was suspected of being Mr Cruel.
One of my mates did his apprenticeship with HDT back in the day, and always said Brocky was a weird cat. Not just what's been portrayed in all the documentaries about being holistic and on another planet, but just really sneaky and paranoid about stuff. Upside was he managed to score some trophies and memorabilia as PB put no value on any of that sort of thing, it was all thrown into a dusty loft in his workshop and left to rot, so when he qualified he was told to help himself to some mementos.

Another Ablett Snr story (not a rumour so much) by Adrian Hickmott, former Geelong/Carlton player, told to a group I was in at a bar, many years ago.

The story went something like they were standing around on Kardinia Park at the start of training. Gary grabbed a footy and pointed to 2 open wheelie bins about 50 metres away outside the fence. He proceeded to kick the ball right-footed and it landed in one of the bins. The boys couldn’t believe it.

Gary said nothing, grabbed another footy and pointed to the bins again, and then proceeded to kick it left-footed, landing it in the other bin.

I saw a Geelong Bin at a grocery store in Geelong on Tuesday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

One of my mates did his apprenticeship with HDT back in the day, and always said Brocky was a weird cat. Not just what's been portrayed in all the documentaries about being holistic and on another planet, but just really sneaky and paranoid about stuff. Upside was he managed to score some trophies and memorabilia as PB put no value on any of that sort of thing, it was all thrown into a dusty loft in his workshop and left to rot, so when he qualified he was told to help himself to some mementos.
When you meet some of these idolised figures it’s quite striking how their public persona contrast with the way they conduct themselves in private.

classic white saviour complex

Galluci & Poholke had a serious problem on the snow in Adelaide. They would have had their contract extended (christ even david mckay did) but they were causing cultural problems especially for the kids coming in.

Jesus, given the size of Gallucis nose, you'd wanna be in front of him when the lines were cut, he'd be like a frickin' Dyson V 10 vacuum when he got near it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back