Best Saints memory

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2, 1989 :

Agreed. The moment the dream came alive.

Funnily enough, there's also something special for me about the final siren of the '10 PF. Not much of a game, but that time I knew what it was like to watch the Saints in a GF (97 was so long ago), and there was just joy to be having another crack. "We're going to the big show", I remember saying over and over. Good times.

Agreed. The moment the dream came alive.

Funnily enough, there's also something special for me about the final siren of the '10 PF. Not much of a game, but that time I knew what it was like to watch the Saints in a GF (97 was so long ago), and there was just joy to be having another crack. "We're going to the big show", I remember saying over and over. Good times.

I recall after nailing up the coffin early in the last quarter, I screamed "We're going back".

Getting taught how to handball and kick by Trevor Barker as a primary school kid in the seventies. I thought "GOD" had come to earth.:footy:

Best memory for me at the old Arden street oval in 1978 as a kid with my old man and my brother. Game is in the balance time on into the last quarter when my younger brother is whinging that he´s gonna piss himself if he doesnt get taken to the toilets. I think North are a few points up at this stage so my Dad is absolutely furious that he can´t hang on and takes us to pee. Siren sounds while we youngsters are pissing and the Saints have got up by 3 points and pipped North in the dying seconds / minute. My old man has gone from frustration to disappointment to absolute elation. That day I learnt what its like being a Saints fan in the space of a few minutes.
Time seemed to stand still for a few minutes after the siren. Saints fans were in heaven after being murdered the week before by Footscray. Other memories for me meeting Trevor Baker & Cowboy Neale outside the dressing rooms as a kid (I had number 18 on my jumper that day and later number 1). Seeing Lockett , Stewie Loewe , Winmar , Harvey at their peak. Prelimary finals 97 , 09 up there too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Saints memory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back