Best Under 18 Players In Wrfl And Bfl

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the_footy_god said:
Went down to the game, willi were good all day considering they had around 8 regular a players out. they won by about 9 goals and port colts didn't really look like having the game won all day.

On current form i think the team port colts are capable of beating are St Albans, Albion and Hoppers on a bad day. Altona and Port are toss of a coin, Altona on a good day will beat them, but they are a very unpredicatable team, Werribee and Spotswood will eat Port just like willi did.

Mate your kidding yourself. I watched the game and colts played :D:D:D:D never had a sniff and willi played to probably the best they could have played with there side. Port colts also had players out infact 6 players, two who have been playing in the 1's and another few who have been injured and would be straight in the starting line-up. The colts are a much better side then what everyone thinks. They could go a very long way this year, im not saying winning the grand final but they certainly are a huge chance of going close to making it then who knows what will happen.

Shimozzle said:
Mate your kidding yourself. I watched the game and colts played :D:D:D:D never had a sniff and willi played to probably the best they could have played with there side. Port colts also had players out infact 6 players, two who have been playing in the 1's and another few who have been injured and would be straight in the starting line-up. The colts are a much better side then what everyone thinks. They could go a very long way this year, im not saying winning the grand final but they certainly are a huge chance of going close to making it then who knows what will happen.
Footy god your officially a Footy Blonk, have spell mate

look not trying to start any arguments, i just don't agree with you people, no need to get all smart about it. i don't think port colts are all that, we will see who is wrong after they play this week whether or not they are worth having a crack at the gf. on the other hand they do have a lot of good players, one being j perkins, who was shut down on the weekend, oviously being the leading goalkicker in the 18's he would be the main target most sides would consentrate on, and willi did a good job keeping him quick.

too the interleauge the squad is finalised and game will be this wednesday against rdfl at caroline springs 7:30pm.

Not sure of complete list as yet should find out at work tomorrow morning. but captains have been finalised.

Capt: J Magnabosco
Vice Capt: M.Bellingham and M.Richardson.

the_footy_god said:
look not trying to start any arguments, i just don't agree with you people, no need to get all smart about it. i don't think port colts are all that, we will see who is wrong after they play this week whether or not they are worth having a crack at the gf. on the other hand they do have a lot of good players, one being j perkins, who was shut down on the weekend, oviously being the leading goalkicker in the 18's he would be the main target most sides would consentrate on, and willi did a good job keeping him quick.

too the interleauge the squad is finalised and game will be this wednesday against rdfl at caroline springs 7:30pm.

Not sure of complete list as yet should find out at work tomorrow morning. but captains have been finalised.

Capt: J Magnabosco
Vice Capt: M.Bellingham and M.Richardson.
Thats a better post than the other crap, keep them all like that because you have some good veiws

Just wondering I don't normally watch much under 18's but seen Werribee play the other week and saw a couple of young blokes play who are still under 16's whom playing within the Victorian side. Nathan Schroder (15) and Jordan Banner (6) I think. How are these guys going this season playing under 18's and do you think they could be good enough to make AFL?
Kid rock said:
Colts for flag

johnfromtheVAFA said:
Give us something on the bfl fellas.
Keep an eye on Brett Payne for Melton South this season.

Only 17, played the last 2 games for the Panthers in the Seniors. First senior game in the BFL was last week and booted 3 goals (of their 8) and again at the weekend kicked 3 and looks very dangerous.

Skinny, but when he bulks up he will be a key forward. Got a great set of hands and dominated senior footy up on the Murray last season. Deceivingly quick and catches a lot of opposition off guard. Plays and looks a bit like Barry Hall!

Gobombers55 said:

Just wondering I don't normally watch much under 18's but seen Werribee play the other week and saw a couple of young blokes play who are still under 16's whom playing within the Victorian side. Nathan Schroder (15) and Jordan Banner (6) I think. How are these guys going this season playing under 18's and do you think they could be good enough to make AFL?

I play with both guys Nathan is quite solid for his age which is 15 i believe and he is dominating 18a's playing in our midfield. Mitch banner not Jordan, is also the same age, isn't as solid as Nath but has extremily freakish skills, good hands and great feet. Both players have a lot of determination and I hope to see em playing AFL.

Watched the willy vs port game,the port side was very undermanned with 6 gun players out due to tac tup footy and some in thier 1's,clearly missin murphy and franklin,even worse luck was thier half forward flanker coming off after a minute due to injury.Jase Perkins was not held at all he just played a different roll,you dont have to kick goals to help your team.whoever said willy stopped him you're kidding yourself he had about 25 possesions and 5 clearences.As for the rest of ports year i would be very interested to see how willy go at port's home ground i think it would be a different story.The game this week against altona is a very big test to see once again if 18s port are the real deal.Looking forward to watchin it.

I was there too, and both teams had alot out by the sounds of it, i know willy did. But Willi were alot better than the colts ON THE DAY, and Perkins did nothing from what i saw, but in saying that he's been in great form and you cant kill it every single week. I dont think the Colts will challenge for the flag quite honestly, but they will be around where Hoppers are.

wrfl vs rdfl interleague @ caroline springs.

Rdfl 12.7.79 def Wrfl 11.6.72.

Number and name
1 Josh Bellegante
2 Matthew Link
3 Ashley Jones
4 Nathan Richardson
5 Aaron Molivas
6 Jarred Magnabosco
7 Shannon Larkin
8 Patrick Savage
9 Nathan Davey
10 Jace Perkins
11 Corey Lawson
12 Joel Magnabosco (Capt.)
13 Anthony Saad
14 Steven Kennedy
15 Daniel Westacott
16 Leigh McIntosh
17 Ryan Noye
18 Darren Morrish
19 Jonathon Roberts
20 Michael Spooner
21 Matthew McCubbin
22 Michael Gagula
24 Mark Van Den Oever
27 Zac Giles
31 Matthew Bellingham

From the first bounce the game was close until the final siren, both teams went quite hard at it but skills were very poor.

Rdfl had the lead through the whole game by mainly 1 point, they got the lead out to two goals at the half. In the few minute of the third quarter Wrfl fought back with two quick majors to be equal with the Rdfl. The rdfl midfielders beat the western region boys on the day floating in the forward line without an opponent making the backline defensless.

The forward line was not bad but did lack confidence with no player really standing up and taking a few marks and kicking a bag.

Matthew Bellingham was good when he was around the goals and was the only man who was a multipule goalscorer for wrfl with 2.

Werribee Ruck/Forwards Mark Van Oever and Darren Morrish played well when they were in the ruck and up forward but the coach didn't give them much game time which was very strange and taking them to out of the game was the a big reason why the game panned out the way it did.

Zac Giles i thought was poor for a player of his height, he just didn't seem interested all game and having Zac up in the forward line did coarse costly for the wrfl.

Jets product Jace Perkins was totally shut out of the game and really couldn't do much about it not getting a kick all game.

In the middle Aaron Molivas was a stand out driving the ball forward and working hard all game, he gave 110% which showed at the end of the game when recieving the best on ground ball.

Ryan Noye was also a star performer in the second half, busting packs and gathering a lot of the footy.

Ashley Jones lent Aaron a helping hand gathering a few touches himself, but due to the run of the Rdfl's midfield pushing forward the wrfl centers just didn't want to chase in result in alot of goals. Ben Sullivan from the rdfl was clearly the best for them whilst Matthew Stacey recieved a match ball for his efforts in the ruck.

The backline was excellent, but as said the midfield of the wrfl just didn't want to follow there players in the turnovers making it hard for the backs to be on everyone at the same time.

Steven Kennedy showed good run off the back flank, whilst other backflanker Matthew McCubbin got a bit of the ball but also had a few kicked on him so that one was an even contest.

Joel Magnabosco didn't really lift to the expectations of captain, got a bit of the ball off the back flanks but wasn't seen in the hard ball all game, whilst Jarred Magnabosco played quite well, a good defensive role keeping his man to no stats all game.

Michael Gagula was beating out of the goalsquare having 5 kicked on him by Sunbury prospect Paul Newton.

the WRFL were missing key forward Michael Spooner and Jonathon Roberts.

Next game is played Friday 9th against the Edfl.

Cheers.
Glenn Elliot
WRFL game development officer.

NUTZNBOLTS said:
I used to play with the Port Colts havent pulled on a boot for nearly 20 years.

Who was your coach back then and what position did you play and did you play in any premierships with them..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Nathan Richardson play? Interesting to hear because he doesn't play under and plays at Sunshine.
the_footy_god said:

Number and name
1 Josh Bellegante
2 Matthew Link
3 Ashley Jones
4 Nathan Richardson
5 Aaron Molivas
6 Jarred Magnabosco
7 Shannon Larkin
8 Patrick Savage
9 Nathan Davey
10 Jace Perkins
11 Corey Lawson
13 Anthony Saad
14 Steven Kennedy
15 Daniel Westacott
16 Leigh McIntosh
17 Ryan Noye
18 Darren Morrish
19 Jonathon Roberts
20 Michael Spooner
21 Matthew McCubbin
22 Michael Gagula
24 Mark Van Den Oever
27 Zac Giles
31 Matthew Bellingham

From the first bounce the game was close until the final siren, both teams went quite hard at it but skills were very poor.

Rdfl had the lead through the whole game by mainly 1 point, they got the lead out to two goals at the half. In the few minute of the third quarter Wrfl fought back with two quick majors to be equal with the Rdfl. The rdfl midfielders beat the western region boys on the day floating in the forward line without an opponent making the backline defensless.

The forward line was not bad but did lack confidence with no player really standing up and taking a few marks and kicking a bag.

Matthew Bellingham was good when he was around the goals and was the only man who was a multipule goalscorer for wrfl with 2.

Werribee Ruck/Forwards Mark Van Oever and Darren Morrish played well when they were in the ruck and up forward but the coach didn't give them much game time which was very strange and taking them to out of the game was the a big reason why the game panned out the way it did.

Zac Giles i thought was poor for a player of his height, he just didn't seem interested all game and having Zac up in the forward line did coarse costly for the wrfl.

Jets product Jace Perkins was totally shut out of the game and really couldn't do much about it not getting a kick all game.

In the middle Aaron Molivas was a stand out driving the ball forward and working hard all game, he gave 110% which showed at the end of the game when recieving the best on ground ball.

Ryan Noye was also a star performer in the second half, busting packs and gathering a lot of the footy.

Ashley Jones lent Aaron a helping hand gathering a few touches himself, but due to the run of the Rdfl's midfield pushing forward the wrfl centers just didn't want to chase in result in alot of goals. Ben Sullivan from the rdfl was clearly the best for them whilst Matthew Stacey recieved a match ball for his efforts in the ruck.

The backline was excellent, but as said the midfield of the wrfl just didn't want to follow there players in the turnovers making it hard for the backs to be on everyone at the same time.

Steven Kennedy showed good run off the back flank, whilst other backflanker Matthew McCubbin got a bit of the ball but also had a few kicked on him so that one was an even contest.

Joel Magnabosco didn't really lift to the expectations of captain, got a bit of the ball off the back flanks but wasn't seen in the hard ball all game, whilst Jarred Magnabosco played quite well, a good defensive role keeping his man to no stats all game.

Michael Gagula was beating out of the goalsquare having 5 kicked on him by Sunbury prospect Paul Newton.

Cheers.
Glenn Elliot

the_footy_god said:

Number and name
1 Josh Bellegante
2 Matthew Link
3 Ashley Jones
4 Nathan Richardson
5 Aaron Molivas
6 Jarred Magnabosco
7 Shannon Larkin
8 Patrick Savage
9 Nathan Davey
10 Jace Perkins
11 Corey Lawson
13 Anthony Saad
14 Steven Kennedy
15 Daniel Westacott
16 Leigh McIntosh
17 Ryan Noye
18 Darren Morrish
19 Jonathon Roberts
20 Michael Spooner
21 Matthew McCubbin
22 Michael Gagula
24 Mark Van Den Oever
27 Zac Giles
31 Matthew Bellingham

Cheers.
Glenn Elliot
Great post can you fill me in on the other Colts players and was James Turnball ever in the mix?
Sholudnt we be beating RFL, whats it going to be like against EDFL

WRFLfan said:
Great post can you fill me in on the other Colts players and was James Turnball ever in the mix?
Sholudnt we be beating RFL, whats it going to be like against EDFL

Was an extremely scrappy game, the RDFL was just too strong in the body for most of the WRFL guys, they were pushed off the ball way too easily.

Most of the RDFL best players were the bigger body type players, Ben Sullivan, Matt Stacey Etc...

At stages the WRFL looked dangerous, but agree the rucks were not used effectively enough, and height was a problem up forward.

Thats_Special said:
Was an extremely scrappy game, the RDFL was just too strong in the body for most of the WRFL guys, they were pushed off the ball way too easily.

Most of the RDFL best players were the bigger body type players, Ben Sullivan, Matt Stacey Etc...

At stages the WRFL looked dangerous, but agree the rucks were not used effectively enough, and height was a problem up forward.
I know its a hard question but who would have more players playing TAC out of the two comps?
Do RFL go to Calder?

WRFLfan said:
I know its a hard question but who would have more players playing TAC out of the two comps?
Do RFL go to Calder?

Correct, The Rdfl is in the Calder region and they had 5 or 6 TAC listed players in the squad.

Don't think James Turnball was ever down at training in the last few weeks, haven't heard of him?.

hey any one out there that knows about the under 18 comp....i am associated with port colts who play altona in the under 18s this week...i was just wondering who are there best players?

supa coacha said:
hey footy god you seem to kno alot about the under 18 comp....i am associated with port colts who play altona in the under 18s this week...i was just wondering who are there best players?
yes i'll get back to you later on tonight with a list of there betters.
cheers.

the_footy_god said:
Correct, The Rdfl is in the Calder region and they had 5 or 6 TAC listed players in the squad.

Don't think James Turnbull was ever down at training in the last few weeks, haven't heard of him?.

G'day boys, your answer is only partially correct. The TAC team in which you may play with, is dependent as to where you live. It doesnt matter which league you play with. The only time that may come into consideration is if you don't make it into the TAC team in the area in which you live. You may then appeal the decision and maybe get permission to play in the neighboring TAC team. The concept for this was initially set up to aid the old zoning set up for the AFL career paths.

My last 2 coaches were John(CARROTS)Allen & Ray(TWO DOGS)Littlepage.
I played Full Forward & was the leading goalkicker 2 years running.
never played in a premiership side, in fact my team failed to win a game in my last 2 seasons of football.
But we won all the fights which is he most important thing.

bloods05 said:
Who was your coach back then and what position did you play and did you play in any premierships with them..

obe1 said:
G'day boys, your answer is only partially correct. The TAC team in which you may play with, is dependent as to where you live. It doesnt matter which league you play with. The only time that may come into consideration is if you don't make it into the TAC team in the area in which you live. You may then appeal the decision and maybe get permission to play in the neighboring TAC team. The concept for this was initially set up to aid the old zoning set up for the AFL career paths.

Very correct obe1 it does depend where you live but the area on the rdfl is mainly for the calder TAC, but area is 100% priority.

As for your question "Supa Coacha" which you posted earlier, Altona 18's do have a few good players.

Chris Crisarfi, great defensive player is captain of the side and is mainly a tagger, he usually gets the better of his opponents won't give a meter on a player all day, very hard at the ball and won't let anyone step in his paths. He will be wearing number 23.

Brett Shiels is a strong player who plays at both ends of the ground has good skill and is an in and under player, wears number 16.

Steven Kennedy is a midfielder on the Jets TAC list won't play many games with them at this stage and will most surely play on the weekend he is very quick and had abnormal talent. Tagging this player could make it a lot easier for port to run the ball into forward, will wear number 8.

Corey Lawson is another TAC player, wears number 5 and has great fitness, will run all day but doens't like the hard bump, he has good skill and is another to watch.

Richard Mulroy has come in Altona's top 3 the last 3 years he has played and is improving every year, doesn't have much skill but by god he is one of the gutsiest little players in the league, usually plays backline switching in the middle but has been playing up in the forward pocket kicking 2-3 goals this year. Quite quick as well so he is a must tag. wears number 4.

Finally Anthony Rubino, he is a running player and another to go hard at it, is having a great year to date and has been seen in the best in 5 of his 7 games this year. Number 6.

Altona in general are a hard tough side. They have eyes only for the ball and giving them a bit of Physical toughness will hurt them, easily fustrated side who can be put off a game at the blind of an eye.Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back