Rumour Busted Betting scandal rumour busted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can officially 100% confirm that it is true. Shit is about to hit the fan in the AFL and the Pies in a HUGE way.

McGuire suggested players could be given a period at the end of the 2019 season to confess to gambling problems without facing disciplinary action from the AFL — in a bid to stop them from being vulnerable to approaches from organised crime.
The cynic in me is thinking that's just Eddie's plan you get his own players, himself and his club off the hook.

I can officially 100% confirm that it is true. s**t is about to hit the fan in the AFL and the Pies in a HUGE way.
We should have asked you in the first place, pants.

Is it wrong that I'm getting some kind of perverse pleasure out of this?

We should have asked you in the first place, pants.

Is it wrong that I'm getting some kind of perverse pleasure out of this?

No, it is natural to get pleasure from interacting with me.

A bloke through work who loves gossip just mentioned it too. He's got a few wrong in the past, but to his credit he nailed the Essendon peptides, Didak guns, Nick Stevens wife bashing and Kav/O'Brien cobalt horse racing scandals before they broke (as he's just reminded me).

One things for certain, whether it's bullshit or not, if it's on Bigfooty, Barrett and Ralph will both be reporting it as if they've uncovered the whole thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can officially 100% confirm that it is true. s**t is about to hit the fan in the AFL and the Pies in a HUGE way.
I'm full pants off, this is huge.

What's the rumour? Hasn't made it's way across my desk so can't confirm it's 100% true yet
Supposedly up to 10 Collingwood players are 'embroiled' in a betting scandal (betting on Pies games pretty much), and could end up in suspensions and the pies kicked out of finals. Doubt it's true but would be a massive story.

heard this last night as well.

extraordinary claims.

A mate raised a interesting point though, does this make Eddie's comments about having a amnesty back when the Stephenson case broke a bit more interesting?

The Collingwood president even called for the AFL to investigate an “amnesty” period for players to come forward and self report their gambling issues in order to get them out in the open.

McGuire suggested players could be given a period at the end of the 2019 season to confess to gambling problems without facing disciplinary action from the AFL — in a bid to stop them from being vulnerable to approaches from organised crime.
Ed can see the walls closing in methinks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back